Good Forgotten 90s Movies

Haha, I saw it. I watched all of those types in the day.

I really think it's fun as hell, and it's nice to reminisce about the American kickboxing scene around that time.

Definitely a hidden gem for people who get into martial arts movies from that era, as it never did get a whole lot of attention.

All right, last one from me for a little while.

A Simple Plan.

Good people getting twisted and corrupted through greed. Basically a Coen film without the Coens.

Directed by Sam Raimi, starring Bill Paxton (RIP), Billy Bob Thornton and Bridget Fonda.

Wow, I forgot about that one. RIP Paxton indeed. So sad that he was taken so soon.

This thread makes me feel sad in a way because it's like a whole era that seems to be past by. All of the movies listed were great and part of the culture then.

Single White Female.

A FANTASTIC film that no one talks about anymore. It came out as part of a whole wave of female-lead suspense thrillers in the early-to-mid 90s, along with films such as Jennifer 8, Diabolique and Copycat.

Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh are a great combo.

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle

Saw it when I was young. Starts out looking like a Lifetime movie and then that blonde broad becomes scarier than most horror villains

This thread makes me feel sad in a way because it's like a whole era that seems to be past by. All of the movies listed were great and part of the culture then.

Yeah, it just goes to show you that from one era to the next, it's really only the shit at the VERY TOP that is remembered.

For every Terminator 2 or Se7en, there are tons of good 90s movies that have just faded from popular memory.

You can say that for every decade really.

Single White Female.

A FANTASTIC film that no one talks about anymore. It came out as part of a whole wave of female-lead suspense thrillers in the early-to-mid 90s, along with films such as Jennifer 8, Diabolique and Copycat.

Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh are a great combo.

Speaking of movies that people dont talk about anymore

71AE595Y6VL._SY445_.gif

The Hand That Rocks The Cradle

Saw it when I was young. Starts out looking like a Lifetime movie and then that blonde broad becomes scarier than most horror villains

I saw this one many years ago and remember almost nothing from it. Maybe time for a rewatch.

I don't know if Grosse Pointe Blank was really forgotten, but at the same time I'm sure there are many newer movie watchers who haven't seen one of the GOAT movies:

I remember liking that Sticks and Stones movie with Gary Busey. It's about a bunch of highschool kids going up against a phsycopathic bully, some parts were particularly brutal.

I said I was done for now, but gotta remind everyone about Singles.

I also just noticed that this is the third movie with Bridget Fonda I've posted. I promise it wasn't intentional.

Great time capsule film, as it really does a good job of capturing that early 90s Seattle scene.

And one of the best action thrillers ever:

Breakdown

Also Eye for an Eye

Eye_for_an_Eye_%281996_film%29_poster.jpg

That's a female lead done right. Sally Fields is a bad ass bitch!

If we are going for cheeze Martial arts from the 90's, then...

I actually just rewatched this one a little while back.

It's really nowhere near as good as the first film--and it's really a very different kind of film--but yeah, if you can embrace the cheese, it's a fun movie.

Back