Come back to the mid 90's with me

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/ms-lauryn-hill-on-racism-irs-open-letter.html

I wasnt actually familiar with that particular quote actually. I think it's , and has been pretty apparent that she is a bit consumed with race relations. I get the distinct impression that she probably wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire , have a difficult time being a fan of someone like that.
I don't get that vibe at all, but I also keep an open mind when discussing race relations in America. I also don't see how she's "consumed with race relations." Do I agree with everything little thing she said? No. Does she make some interesting points? Yes.

I don't get that vibe at all, but I also keep an open mind when discussing race relations in America. I also don't see how she's "consumed with race relations." Do I agree with everything little thing she said? No. Does she make some interesting points? Yes.

If you intrinsically equate getting balled up by the IRS with systemic oppression by the white man , I think its pretty safe to say it's on your mind a lot. The IRS gives zero fucks about balling up anyone . I'd also venture that your first quote fake as it may be , probably became associated with her for a reason or 2 that is rooted in how she actually conducts herself.

She's talented.....you and lots of people like her and Thats great. I can't relate , and conversely she doesn't rate on the list of people I choose care about.

tumblr_n6lfhpjkIX1r8bco5o1_500.gif

<{anton}><{jackyeah}>

might be a bit more to late 90s but fuck it. Summer '98 song at the bar and still relevant if you're single and pathetic like me...lol

So much awesomeness ITT!!! This helped my whole Monday morning going through the pages and watching various videos. I was just starting my teens in mid 90s but so much of this relates to me. I mean MTV was so influential in those days. Without the internet, we had to figure out what the rest of the world was doing through TV as I wasn't reading The Times as a teenager or anything (not that I do often now either).

One of the only things I could think of that I haven't seen thus far is some classic Gravity Kills, even with Matt Pinfield intro, which literally just informed me that they're from STL. How did I not know that??

Fuckin Killer Imstimct. i think i still.have that buried away somewhere

Fulgor was the shit mang..

I still knows all his moves and combos to this day.

Mind was blown the first time I saw some kat pull off an ultra combo at the arcade..

97-99 is gonna be epic end of the world stuff

Will Smith didnt know how good life was when only aliens were coming to kill us.

Last edited:
Fuckin Killer Imstimct. i think i still.have that buried away somewhere

Fulgor was the shit mang..

I still knows all his moves and combos to this day.

Mind was blown the first time I saw some kat pull off an ultra combo at the arcade..

The GOAT marketing campaign

My dad had a 96 model. Candy apple red.

1996 was the year that the GOAT country song came out also:

I'm not even that big into country music but that is one of the greatest fucking songs ever made. Tracy Lawrence owned the 90's.

Which reminds me, something worth bringing up in this thread, the "Telecommunications Act of 1996" signed by Bill Clinton which had a massive impact on the last few years of the 90's. This is one of the reasons why I always consider 1996 the last great year of the 90's. Once this act was passed there were 1 or 2 huge corporations that bought out all the independent radio stations across the country and completely fucking sterilized radio and news. We had a killer hard rock station here where I live called the Rebel Rocker 98.9. They got bought out by Clearchannel in the fall of 1998 and went to total fucking gay shit. Literally overnight they went from playing Ozzy and Metallica to Lenny Kravitz and Everclear. Country music is a trash heap today because of this act, country radio stations all made a conscious decision to market the genre almost exclusively to teenage girls and middle age women.

Nice thread but the decade is inferior compared to the last 2. We and society have evolved. Sure there was some fun times in the 90’s but the opportunities for wealth knowledge and everything are much greater now than then. I just wish I could tell the 1995 me what I know now....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back