When she strains to not look at you

This thread has everything I love about Sherdog in one place.

An OP that could very well be a troll job, or could have really happened ( hopefully OP is a troll ) and sincere posters who are actually trying to give advice, but also the savages that bring the lulz with them every time they grace a thread with their presence.

Oh and you can't forget the multiple side arguments between people who think their advice is better than the other persons advice.

Good job TS, I am impressed by your craftsmanship. I got many laughs in this thread and picked up some sherbro wisdom along the way.

8/10 troll job, would absolutely read again.

Yeah I finished it. It was good. It felt like half a book though. Each of the first 3 were great stand alone books.

I guess that is to be somewhat expected considering all the different points of view that the story is being told from now.

While I was a little disappointed I am still very excited for the next book. I think it will pick back up to the standard of the first 3.
Reading 'ready player 1' now will pick this up next. Part of me was wondering if i should wait till the trilogy is complete but that will take years so I'm not sure if I have the patience. I read the first trilogy only after the entirety was available and that was great. No waiting after those insane cliffhangers at the end.

Despite what you guys say, I know she was interested. She came into my orbit and was hovering close. She didn't try to leave during our exchange, but she didn't look at me either. I think she was initially attracted to me, and then got anxious or something. Maybe she has a boyfriend and felt guilty.

Anyways, if I pull this off, I am officially dubbing it:

"The Yellow Pepper Challenge"
<{cruzshake}><{nope}><36>{<jordan}

I know it’s mayberry so we’re polite, but I gotta put forth the opinion that she wasn’t interested at all.

TS talked to her at the peppers and she did what basically any human would do, she politely responded. At the same time she gave the universal body signal of “Please stop talking to me” by avoiding eye-contact at all costs both during and after.

Later in the market, if she were remotely interested she had an easy convo starter “I finally found a good one!”

It probably wasn’t personal. If you’re a beautiful woman, you can’t even pick out peppers at the grocery store without some guy hoping to spark up a conversation. I know guys think it’s a compliment and should be received with grace and gratitude, but I’m glad as a man I don’t have to put up with it.

I’d like it for a day, maybe a week. But if I were hot enough that I literally had women hitting on me every day and then acting like I’m being weird or put-offish because I don’t want to make eye contact with every troll that hits on me, it would get obnoxious. Like “Look, I just want to grocery shop without chit chat right now.”

“Jeez asshole. Excuse meeeee. I thought you were handsome and just wanted to let you know.”

Anybody experience this?

I experienced this yesterday. I was in the grocery store, and saw this stunning woman. Long dark hair, medium height, tight waist with T&A ratio that could be in the New Sherdog Thick Girls Thread V1: Está Gruesa! thread. Just my type.

I was over by the bell peppers, and she walked up right next to me as I was tying up my bag. I put my peppers in my cart that was nearby, and went back to spark up a conversation. I started off with saying how all peppers seemed soft, and she agreed.

I started looking through the peppers with her to find the right one. I was saying how the best ones were at the bottom since they try and put the older ones on top. I found one and offered it, but it was a yellow pepper and she wanted an orange one. We were totally up in each other's space, seemed to be comfortable, and had a seamless rapport, but the weird thing was that she never made eye contact.

Anyways, I took that as not having a high level of interest, and carried on with my shopping. I went down the rest of the aisle (checked the meats, picked up different cheeses, wraps), and swung back down the next aisle in the fruit section. I looked over, and she was still looking for an orange pepper.

So, anyways, I work my way through the fruit section and she comes down the aisle. First time I had a look at her face. She was beautiful. I was hoping she would make eye contact so I could ask her if she found the right one, but she didn't. In fact, I could feel her straining not to look.

{<huh}

What's up with that? I think she was single, because she had a basket and didn't have any problems being next to me. She wasn't turned off, at least I didn't sense that.

Help me to understand this, because I might see her again, and I want to get to know her.
She was probably scared you were going to tell her to make some eggs next.

stop being a beta... go talk to her or dont look at her

stalker alert
DykRG_s-200x150.gif

I know it’s mayberry so we’re polite, but I gotta put forth the opinion that she wasn’t interested at all.

TS talked to her at the peppers and she did what basically any human would do, she politely responded. At the same time she gave the universal body signal of “Please stop talking to me” by avoiding eye-contact at all costs both during and after.

Later in the market, if she were remotely interested she had an easy convo starter “I finally found a good one!”

It probably wasn’t personal. If you’re a beautiful woman, you can’t even pick out peppers at the grocery store without some guy hoping to spark up a conversation. I know guys think it’s a compliment and should be received with grace and gratitude, but I’m glad as a man I don’t have to put up with it.

I’d like it for a day, maybe a week. But if I were hot enough that I literally had women hitting on me every day and then acting like I’m being weird or put-offish because I don’t want to make eye contact with every troll that hits on me, it would get obnoxious. Like “Look, I just want to grocery shop without chit chat right now.”

“Jeez asshole. Excuse meeeee. I thought you were handsome and just wanted to let you know.”

Nah, the feeling I got was closer to this:

@YellowBanenoo @ithinktheymad @Medulla Omoplata @SmilinDesperado @Graverobber

I know, I thought that was kind of neurotic. I'm not captain save a hoe, but it didn't bother me that much, because I've been there.
Did it occur to you it was a pretense so she could wait for you to move on and avoid giving you an excuse to follow her around the store?

For quick encounters, its better have either a playful teasing approach, or a direct one to open her up in conversation. You just met her and dont have a lot of time to get to know her, so be quick about it and get her attention fast.

That pussy footing beat around the bush small talk is awkward and would probably only work for long game if you were gonna consistently see them. A slower approach is fine here.

TS you did the second one and you sound awkward and terrible at attracting women. Not saying I'm an expert on the subject, in fact I used to be awful, but genuine practice and a bunch of tips from everywhere, to even learning some stuff about the psychology of women. Shit that just dates back to the early days. I'd say I'm decent.

Also based on your replies in this thread, I gather you're not very experienced if at all with being with a woman. Kinda like you have an idea of it through shows and movies and stuff like that. Not trying to be a dick, just a genuine observation.

Last edited:
Perhaps you're just short?
It's difficult to look at short people in general, let alone in the eyes.
You have to hunch or pick them up to look at them.
It's not worth it in general.

Next time take the conversation over the cucumbers, that will open up more salacious conversation opportunities.

Did you tell her you are a brown belt on sherdog?

If that doesn't get her wet, nothing will.

Lol dont get offended. I say that only bc i used to be the same way. Overanalyzing and trying to decript every little detail. Thats a sign of someone not very good or experienced with women.

You let every little thing faze you, the trick is confidence and to give as little shit as you can about whatever she throws at you. Or at least fake it really well. Fake it till you make it.

Lol dont get offended. I say that only bc i used to be the same way. Overanalyzing and trying to decript every little detail. Thats a sign of someone not very good or experienced with women.

You let every little thing faze you, the trick is confidence and to give as little shit as you can about whatever she throws at you. Or at least fake it really well. Fake it till you make it.

What happens then when you actually get with her. Does all this stop or do you just keep playing games to the end? IS IT NEVERENDING?!

This thread has everything I love about Sherdog in one place.

An OP that could very well be a troll job, or could have really happened ( hopefully OP is a troll ) and sincere posters who are actually trying to give advice, but also the savages that bring the lulz with them every time they grace a thread with their presence.

Oh and you can't forget the multiple side arguments between people who think their advice is better than the other persons advice.

Good job TS, I am impressed by your craftsmanship. I got many laughs in this thread and picked up some sherbro wisdom along the way.

8/10 troll job, would absolutely read again.
<{cruzshake}>

I don't believe this was a complete troll job.

<seedat>
This could very well have happened to him and he might have genuinely believed there was a chance. However, upon the realization that he has just been delusional, he decided to turn this thread into a gag in order to save himself from embarrassment.

Back