Are school shootings simply the result of capitalism?

I haven't seen anybody drive a truck through a school yet.

Let me know when it happens.

I hope it doesn't happen but as Paris proved it's a hell of a thing with 86 dead and 434 injured .

Or do only schools count.

Yeah mate. I have only ever seen/used a gun on a farm, thats what they were designed for right??
Of course people have guns in Australia but obviously not too many, i dont see why you would need one in the suburbs. You would be labelled a pussy who hides behind a weapon as people who carry knives are

Australia has more than 25 guns per 100 people and you have more guns now than you did before the confiscation.

Sorry, my bad. I should have said "assault rifles" instead of "automatic weapons."

Not that it changes my point at all.

Why does any civilian need a military assault rifle?

Didn't really help yourself at all.

Calling a rifle an assault rifle is sort of like calling a knife a "cutting knife".

At first it seems obvious, of course a knife is for cutting, so why bother saying it? Then you dig a little deeper, and realize that a knife isn't always for cutting, sometimes you use it to pry something open, or scrape something off.

The word you are looking for sir, is "Rifle". An Ar-15 is a "Rifle". Nothing more, nothing less. And it's semi-automatic, not fully-automatic.

It never would have happened if they were armed.

The government isn't going to round up 100,000 armed resisting citizens.

The Japanese Americans did exactly what the German Jews did. They trusted their government, didn't resist, and went willingly.

Worked out for one, didn't work out for the other.

I won't take that risk for my family and I, ever.

I'm not advocating guns for everyone. Restriction need to be applied and taken seriously. Certain attachments should be completed outlawed.
There many items that can be address to help lower the risk. But a blanket ban shouldn't be on the cards.

I hope it doesn't happen but as Paris proved it's a hell of a thing with 86 dead and 434 injured .

Or do only schools count.
Do you really think drawing comparisons between the homicide rate of the US vs. France helps your point?

its cultural

look at how many people are shot and killed in brazil on a year basis. it is like 30,000 people. they barely have any school shootings like USA has. thailand also has higher shooting fatalities per capita and barely any school shootings. both thailand and brazil have strict gun laws.

the three biggest factors are 1) mass media, 2) mental health, 3) the internet.

I'm not advocating guns for everyone. Restriction need to be applied and taken seriously. Certain attachments should be completed outlawed.
There many items that can be address to help lower the risk. But a blanket ban shouldn't be on the cards.

I advocate guns for everyone who loves their freedom, loves their family, and likes to have fun on the weekends.

And as for a blanket gun ban? It will never be in the cards in the U.S., too many people like me who would rather urban war than surrender our only bulwark against tyranny.

Sorry, my bad. I should have said "assault rifles" instead of "automatic weapons."

Not that it changes my point at all.

Why does any civilian need a military assault rifle?

An Assault rifle is select fire (automatic or burst fire). Unless you have 20-30k to spend on a single firearm made before 1986, don't mind a 8-12 months wait for a background check among other things, you aren't getting a military assault rifle.

The government ( see my link on the battle of Athens) and or criminals.

The battle of Athens argument sort of breaks down when you look at the capability of our modern military. ICBM, attack subs, MRAPS, Bradley Fighting Vehicles, Abrams Tanks, crowd dispersion technology vehicles, drones, attack helicopters, fighter jets, aircraft carriers, and an elite fighting force kind of make an armed uprising a fantasy on the level of red dawn. And if you think our military men and women would en masse, refuse to undertake tyranny, then the argument breaks down as well.

Didn't really help yourself at all.

Calling a rifle an assault rifle is sort of like calling a knife a "cutting knife".

At first it seems obvious, of course a knife is for cutting, so why bother saying it? Then you dig a little deeper, and realize that a knife isn't always for cutting, sometimes you use it to pry something open, or scrape something off.

The word you are looking for sir, is "Rifle". An Ar-15 is a "Rifle". Nothing more, nothing less. And it's semi-automatic, not fully-automatic.

Thank you for enlightening me.

I feel much better now that I know that they are completely harmless and no threat whatsoever.

That's not what I did but you are reaching and side stepping.
No, I’m indicating the stupidity of trying to build an argument based on isolated incidents instead of overwhelming statistical trends.

Sure, trucks have been used as murder weapons.

Doesn’t change the fact that guns ARE used a zillion times more often.

So you are the one dodging and deflecting. I just pointed it out.

An Assault rifle is select fire (automatic or burst fire). Unless you have 20-30k to spend on a single firearm made before 1986, don't mind a 8-12 months wait for a background check among other things, you aren't getting a military assault rifle.

Yes, very good.

I'm very happy to learn that in America the amount of people you can kill per second is limited to how fast you can move your finger.

Good to see you guys are on top of things.

Back