Are school shootings simply the result of capitalism?

Side note, Australia being an island has help control illegal circulation of guns. I don't think the US could produce the same results due to their boarders and neighboring countries.

Honestly it is just a totally different culture. We don't want guns, US does. Simple

NOt to attack you OP but this thread is what is wrong with school shootings. Excuse after excuse as to why. No one really wants to address the issue and continue to use excuses one after the other. Off the top of my head excuses that have been used as follows:

1. Guns not being properly locked up. This started the purchase of gun safes
2. Bullying on campus.
3. See something say something.
4. Mental health issues
5. Not enough guns in the classroom, arm teachers.
6. Campus are too easy to get access to.
7. Now it’s the media fault for giving the shooter fame.

THE last one is the biggest joke and probably the NRA best hope that the discussion will fade away. Without media coverage then the public will not be outraged and there won’t be a national discussion on guns. People will always be crazy and they will try to hurt themselves or other people. This happens in other countries all the time the difference is that in other countries they don’t have access to firearms. A gun turns a suicide into a mass shooting.

There really is nothing anyone can do at this point as long as gun interests can buy politicians.

Honestly it is just a totally different culture. We don't want guns, US does. Simple

Among a lot of other things of course. Was just highlighting a difference between the two, if the US enforced such laws.

Simply because an assault rifle isn't full auto, does that preclude it from being a more efficient killing device than a rifle, shotgun, or pistola?

Hypothetically, if someone broke into your home, would you rather have an AR15, or a hunting rifle?

I'm not insinuating anything, asking a sincere question.

In close like that I like a hand gun then a shotgun.

What's the difference in these two.

hqdefault.jpg

I forgot one.

Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. This is absolute true but misleading. Give a person a knife and he kills another person or two. Give a person a gun and he kills 10,17,50 even 100.

In close like that I like a hand gun then a shotgun.

Interesting.

Maybe it's just personal preference I guess.

I've had a few conversations on here about the best weapons for self defense, I believe with Gregolian and a few other people, and they said without a doubt an AR15 should be your first choice - maybe that's just for people who aren't well versed in using a shotgun or handgun though.

You still have the Queen on your money, we don't. Like you said, different culture. We got rid of the British through violence.

The freedom to defend their rights if required and themselfs and their family's.

I don't know what kind of fucked up world you live in, but in Australia this is just a retarded thing to say.

Defend my rights against what? Everything here is pretty fucking sweet, we have free health, free education (until college/university, at which point it is an interest free loan from the Government), no-one is ever going to come 'storm my house', the police are friendly and shootings basically are non existant. If someone gets shot it is big news because guess what, it is pretty fucking rare.

I can leave my front door unlocked and I bet no-one would break in for a whole year.

It's safe, I know my neighbours, my rights are fucking a-okay. WTF are you smoking? What world do you think I live in???

School shooters are almost always young males who have some form of mental issues (on the autism spectrum, ADHD, FAS or whatever) whom also have a history of being bullied often along with a rough family life/upbringing.

Close, but I'd say it's not so much that these kids are autistic, ADHD, etc. but that they've been prescribed mind altering drugs because of this supposed diagnosis.

We need to consider not prescribing psych meds to children.

You still have the Queen on your money, we don't. Like you said, different culture. We got rid of the British through violence.

We had a vote some time back about whether we should get rid of the Queen and become a Republic. The majority said no.

At some point I'm sure we will do it, but for now we kind of don't give a shit because the Queen is meaningless to our lives.

Again what automatic weapons?

No murders have been committed with an automatic weapon in a very long time.

Well, I mean, sure... if you just want to ignore the guy that shot 500 people at a concert just a few months ago.

Interesting.

Maybe it's just personal preference I guess.

I've had a few conversations on here about the best weapons for self defense, I believe with Gregolian and a few other people, and they said without a doubt an AR15 should be your first choice - maybe that's just for people who aren't well versed in using a shotgun or handgun though.

Each to their own. I find any long gun slower to get on site in tight spaces. The best is something like an mp5. I can use a shotgun (18" ) well because trained quite a bit with it in CQC.

Side note, Australia being an island has help control illegal circulation of guns. I don't think the US could produce the same results due to their boarders and neighboring countries.

Yeah, cause Canada and all of their guns are the problem.... lmao

Defend my rights against what? Everything here is pretty fucking sweet, we have free health, free education (until college/university, at which point it is an interest free loan from the Government), no-one is ever going to come 'storm my house', the police are friendly and shootings basically are non existant. If someone gets shot it is big news because guess what, it is pretty fucking rare.

Until they do 'storm your house'. 1930's Germany was pretty sweet too. Until it wasn't.

Here Neph, a song for you..

Until they do 'storm your house'. 1930's Germany was pretty sweet too. Until it wasn't.

Here Neph, a song for you..

I think I'll stay where I am thank you very much :) I know that must be hard to comprehend.

Back