Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

How come in China the actors are mostly Chinese?

How come in India, most of the bollywood actors are Indian?

Do they not like or pass by other actors of other cultures?

Will China and India reach their heights when they make films in their counties about white guys?

Hollywood and the movies were started and made great by....

So does this mean Cubans get to take credit for broadcast television? They made it great after all.

So does this mean Cubans get to take credit for broadcast television? They made it great after all.

Cubans have not been progressing at all.
Time literally stood still there for 50 years when others civilizations were rapidly changing towards the positive

Its not just BP that gets these ridiculously favorable reviews, many Marvel films have scores over 90%. BP stands out to me only because the top critics are usually more harsh than the general ones and I can't recall any other movie off the top of my head that has a 100% from the top critics.
I think your polished, unrisky studioproject thesis actually cuts against you a bit here. RT is a binary choice: movies should only get rotten ratings if they are bad. Marvel might be pulp, but it's reliable, polished pulp. Not making mistakes can be more important for binary ratings than shooting for excellence. People might find it unimaginative, but I doubt many people will find it bad, and enough people would like it to give it some points.

Also, at the end of the day, BP did take a risk as a classic blockbuster bigbbudget superhero movie with black leads. It's a formulaic risk rather than a creative one, and a very calculated risk, but it is a risk.

That, and some sites have cracked down on troll (or presumed troll) accounts that toss out negative ratings just because. Dunno if RT is one, but I expect that they are.

Cubans have not been progressing at all.
Time literally stood still there for 50 years when others civilizations were rapidly changing towards the positive

I mean, I should have known better, but ever heard of a little known Cuban guy named Desi Arnaz? Basically the father of syndicated television?

You want white people to have the majority of movie roles because they "made Hollywood great" so how do you reconcile that retarded logic with Cubans? Without Desilu Productions, TV probably wouldn't look anything like it is today. Why aren't cubans entitled to 90% of TV roles?

I eagerly await your hodgepodge response on a totally different topic. Also, MS-13!!!!!

Will China and India reach their heights when they make films in their counties about white guys?

How many white people are there in India and China compared to black people in America?

How many white people are there in India and China compared to black people in America?

I know ,the travesty, and there are decent sized white communities in China , doubt India. Or maybe it's Japan .

But they should be better included and represented for Being such a minority.
There should be a rule to purposely put one white person on the Tele In those places.

Jews

I mean, I should have known better, but ever heard of a little known Cuban guy named Desi Arnaz? Basically the father of syndicated television?

You want white people to have the majority of movie roles because they "made Hollywood great" so how do you reconcile that retarded logic with Cubans? Without Desilu Productions, TV probably wouldn't look anything like it is today. Why aren't cubans entitled to 90% of TV roles?

I eagerly await your hodgepodge response on a totally different topic. Also, MS-13!!!!!

Same reason why American food, drugs, music and women are so great. Every culture has those things , Americans just perfects everything.

It's just been Americanized

And I was talking about the civilization as a whole.

Something i respect about them, because I hate change as well.

Last edited:
I think your polished, unrisky studioproject thesis actually cuts against you a bit here. RT is a binary choice: movies should only get rotten ratings if they are bad. Marvel might be pulp, but it's reliable, polished pulp. Not making mistakes can be more important for binary ratings than shooting for excellence. People might find it unimaginative, but I doubt many people will find it bad, and enough people would like it to give it some points.

Also, at the end of the day, BP did take a risk as a classic blockbuster bigbbudget superhero movie with black leads. It's a formulaic risk rather than a creative one, and a very calculated risk, but it is a risk.

That, and some sites have cracked down on troll (or presumed troll) accounts that toss out negative ratings just because. Dunno if RT is one, but I expect that they are.

I think people forget that aspect of Rotten Tomatoes, that the score isn't a rating of the underlying film's quality. Only what percentage of critics gave it a positive rating, even if that rating is 6/10. So, a Boise Dime would get the same Rotten Tomato score as a supermodel.

Same reason why American food, drugs, music and women are so great. Every culture has those things , Americans just perfect everything.

You like Americans Americanizing things but you hate change. You realize those 2 positions are very incompatible?

The hallmark of American civilization is that it constantly changes. That it was never married to traditionalism for the sake of traditionalism, like Old Europe was.

I think people forget that aspect of Rotten Tomatoes, that the score isn't a rating of the underlying film's quality. Only what percentage of critics gave it a positive rating, even if that rating is 6/10. So, a Boise Dime would get the same Rotten Tomato score as a supermodel.

Yes, and on top of that the opinion of critics don't say anything objective about a film's quality either because there is no such thing. Ergo what someone else thinks about a film shouldn't matter to anyone, apart from the entertainment of discussing film with other people.

Same reason why American food, drugs, music and women are so great. Every culture has those things , Americans just perfect everything.

{<jordan}

Not a single damn thing to do with what I said. Go fucking figure.

You like Americans Americanizing things but you hate change. You realize those 2 positions are very incompatible?

The hallmark of American civilization is that it constantly changes. That it was never married to traditionalism for the sake of traditionalism, like Old Europe was.

I Never said I like Americans americanizing everything .
I just stated its what they do.

Somethings change too fast some too slow.

I enjoy tradition

Yup. That's why I find RT almost useless.

What Happened to Nkosinathi Nkomo?

Both Fury Road and BP have 97% rating. Ofcourse that doesn't mean they are equally good.

There was a Facebook group that called for RT scorers to give BP a negative score. The FB group's reason is opposition to "Disney's treatment of franchises".

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ok-group-marvel-movie-superhero-a8192641.html

Facebook is labeling this group's actions as "hate speech" , implying the group is anti-Black, but no evidence of 'hate' has been documented within the news articles covering this. If the group is blanket opposed to all Disney franchised superhero movies then it isn't hate speech. I know nothing about this group, so do not know if they just popped up now or if they have a history of opposing Disney franchises.

That's a good point but IMO once you've seen like two or three of these films the rest feel far too familiar. I thought The Avengers and the first two Iron Man films were okay in the sense that despite their samey feel they executed their premise well. But those films have little to no replay value to me and furthermore the subsequent Marvel films feel far too familiar for me to even enjoy them on the first watch. I just find it odd that these movies get like an average rating 8< and have over 95% pretty consistently and if you read the consensus they often are glowing reviews of the film, not tepid endorsements because they barely passed the bar.

I Never said I like Americans americanizing everything .
I just stated its what they do.

Somethings change too fast some too slow.

I enjoy tradition

You said that Americans perfect everything, they Americanize it. Does that you that you dislike Americans perfecting everything? I know you're going to think I'm being a dick but I'm seriously just trying to understand the logic here.

Americans perfect everything. Americans Americanize things. American things are great. <--- All statements you made.

Followed by: You hate change.

I don't understand how you can hate change or enjoy tradition or whatever and then claim that the results of Americans changing things is great.

Back