Kell Brook

Too bad Khan won't set his sights on a Brook match. Last I saw (on Boxingscene, fwiw) Khan was chatting about a Spence match. Ironic, given that Brook is probably the better match up for Khan (not that I think Khan beats Brook anyway).

As much as I'd love to see Kell Brook get a nice big payday, I'd love it even more for Erroll Spence to destroy Khan once and for all

As much as I'd love to see Kell Brook get a nice big payday, I'd love it even more for Erroll Spence to destroy Khan once and for all

Errol might actually kill Khan, don’t want to see it. Huge mismatch.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn made it as pay back for all the times Khan fucked him around when trying to make the Brook fight.

Errol might actually kill Khan, don’t want to see it. Huge mismatch.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Hearn made it as pay back for all the times Khan fucked him around when trying to make the Brook fight.

It's guys like Brook with tons of heart and a damn impressive chin who take serious punishment in fights. Guys like Khan just get the one hitter quitter and take a nap. He'll never take a lot of punishment in any fight because his glass jaw won't let him. Khan has an off switch which is probably the best thing for his long term health.

well shit, no wonder they took the fight, then. i'm 160lbs and i'll fight anthony joshua for 5mil, let alone golovkin.

i know what you're saying in regards to his career and legacy, but that fight alone set him up for life. it was their golden ticket and considering he hadn't had any big fights prior to that, i'd say they were right in taking it.

well shit, no wonder they took the fight, then. i'm 160lbs and i'll fight anthony joshua for 5mil, let alone golovkin.

i know what you're saying in regards to his career and legacy, but that fight alone set him up for life. it was their golden ticket and considering he hadn't had any big fights prior to that, i'd say they were right in taking it.

Agree with this - that kind of money goes a long way in Sheffield, believe me.

If he hadn’t taken GGG, he would still be coming off a loss to Spence, just with significantly less cash in the bank.

It was also a monumental display of balls to get in with GGG, and I hope people remember him for that rather than the L.

This may be the case, but though he won't be a hall of famer etc, he is a tough man with genuine skills. Stood in the ring with 2 of the best and hardest hitters in the entire sport. For all the talk of fighters dodging others etc...can't help but like him for that alone.
Yep, Brook has terrific skills and I thought he was going to edge out Spence honestly. The Porter win was impressive too. Not sure how well he'll come back from such vicious stoppages though.

Too bad Khan won't set his sights on a Brook match. Last I saw (on Boxingscene, fwiw) Khan was chatting about a Spence match. Ironic, given that Brook is probably the better match up for Khan (not that I think Khan beats Brook anyway).
Khan just doesn't like Brook and won't give him that fight. Spence would finish Khan worse than Canelo.

serious question, why the hate for khan? ive never understood it. i love the guy as a fighter, a guy with glass, but dont give two fuks and fights everyone. hes willing to take the chance that his will get there quicker than yours. a lot of guys find out theyre packing glass and their careers are over

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/447375

khans got glass, everyone knows hes got glass, he dont give a fuk

serious question, why the hate for khan? ive never understood it. i love the guy as a fighter, a guy with glass, but dont give two fuks and fights everyone. hes willing to take the chance that his will get there quicker than yours. a lot of guys find out theyre packing glass and their careers are over

when spence broke kell's face, khan was talking mad shit to him. i don't recall specifically what he said, but something along the lines of calling him a quitter and a pussy... which is fucking hysterical considering he'd be taken out on a stretcher 5 rounds earlier if he fought either one of those guys.

i don't think anyone hates on khan for how he fights, he's entertaining enough, but he can be an annoying cunt outside the ring.

Several more fights could have earned him more than what he made from shortening his career from Golovkin.

Not to mention the whole health thing.

I love him as a fighter because his fights are generally always exciting because of his vulnerabilities. Glad hes back

Hes hated in Britain which is unusual, we normally back our own. I think its a mixture of him being a dick, coupled with some prejudice.

I love him as a fighter because his fights are generally always exciting because of his vulnerabilities. Glad hes back

Hes hated in Britain which is unusual, we normally back our own. I think its a mixture of him being a dick, coupled with some prejudice.

That does not come from prejudice at all, stop talking nonesense.

The whole country absolutely adored Naseem Hamed, who was also an Asian fighter.

The reason people dislike Khan, is that they were force fed being told that he was a world champion before he had actually done anything at all, he was forced down our throats even when he was still an amatuer...they had his last amatuer fight on tv FFS anf with a sizeable crowd.

Then he starts his pro career and it was clear to see that he had severe vulnerabilities, but still we were fed this great Khan from Bolton was a big superstar, even when he was getting knocked down by the likes of Willie Limmond. Then he got absolutely sensationally knocked out by Prescott...and everyone just went "told you so"

After that fact, he continued to try and scam the public into thinking he was some kind of superstar, and while he did well to progress his skillset and win some good fights, the initial Khan push just made everyone hate him

Plus he is a fucking bellend

Several more fights could have earned him more than what he made from shortening his career from Golovkin.

Not to mention the whole health thing.

well, who could he have fought for big bucks? at 147, you could argue he'd get paid vs manny or floyd, i don't think fighting anyone else could get him a 5M purse. floyd was "retired", manny isn't fighting anyone noteworthy.

and really, if he were to make 10 million from 3 fights vs top dogs at 147, would that really make any difference? i'd rather take one quick beating from golovkin for 5M than three prolonged ones from spence for 10M.

i know what you're saying and i'm not saying you're wrong, i'm just trying to point out that considering his career prior golovkin and the money they made fighting him, i understand why they took it and don't see it as a bad decision at all. that one fight gave him a comfortable retirement, he was set. the smartest move after that would've been to drop the IBF belt and avoid fighting spence. either retire, or, if he really wanted to fight again, take a year off and come back for some fights at 154 vs guys who don't have fucking grenades for fists.

the mistake they made wasn't moving up against the heaviest hitter two divisions higher for the biggest payday, that was their cash out ticket. the mistake was coming back from that beatdown to face spence.

The whole country absolutely adored Naseem Hamed, who was also an Asian fighter.

The reason people dislike Khan, is that they were force fed being told that he was a world champion before he had actually done anything at all, he was forced down our throats even when he was still an amatuer...they had his last amatuer fight on tv FFS anf with a sizeable crowd.

Then he starts his pro career and it was clear to see that he had severe vulnerabilities, but still we were fed this great Khan from Bolton was a big superstar, even when he was getting knocked down by the likes of Willie Limmond. Then he got absolutely sensationally knocked out by Prescott...and everyone just went "told you so"

After that fact, he continued to try and scam the public into thinking he was some kind of superstar, and while he did well to progress his skillset and win some good fights, the initial Khan push just made everyone hate him

Liked for the “he is a fucking bellend” part.

Not surprising. It was a devastating loss. Boxers surely go through the most physical & mental suffering out of all professional athletes.

I'd broaden this to all combat sports,...but yes definitely.

It's guys like Brook with tons of heart and a damn impressive chin who take serious punishment in fights. Guys like Khan just get the one hitter quitter and take a nap. He'll never take a lot of punishment in any fight because his glass jaw won't let him. Khan has an off switch which is probably the best thing for his long term health.

This is very unfair to Khan, watch his fight against Danny Garcia. It wasn't a one punch KO, he kept fighting through, thats his MO. One could actually argue that Khan never took a knee the way Brook did and therefore has shown more heart.

I don't know how you can definitively claim that NONE of the hate he reserves is because he's an Asian Muslim. How much is attributable to that is another question.

I don't know how you can definitively claim that NONE of the hate he reserves is because he's an Asian Muslim. How much is attributable to that is another question.

Well you are always are going to get fucking retards hating on people due to the color of thier skin or religious beliefs...thats just standard

I personally think Khan is a good fighter, but cant stand him due to what was in my other post...he was forced down everyones throats as some superstar and has always shown how much of a dick he is

Its like the fuckheads who think people hate Tyson Fury because he is a gypsy....nope...its because he is a cock...its a surefire way to get people to dislike you

Well you are always are going to get fucking retards hating on people due to the color of thier skin or religious beliefs...thats just standard

I personally think Khan is a good fighter, but cant stand him due to what was in my other post...he was forced down everyones throats as some superstar and has always shown how much of a dick he is

Its like the fuckheads who think people hate Tyson Fury because he is a gypsy....nope...its because he is a cock...its a surefire way to get people to dislike you

If anything, the past year has taught me never to underestimate the number of fucking retards in the US, I imagine its the same in the UK. So the number of people hating on him because he's a brown muslim might be much higher than you assume.

Back