War Room Civilization game?

Jesus this is the hardest I've laughed from a reddit post in months:

"May the blessings of Heaven be upon you, Oh Great Nebuchadnezzar, father of mighty and ancient Babylon! Young was the wo-"

"May the blessings of Heaven be upon you, Oh Great Nebuchadnezzar, father of mighty and ancient Babylon! Young was the wo-"

The best part of Civ games is the beginning, to see if you are going to be the cotton king, a wine merchant, or turn your city into a massive stone quarry.

I love this idea, but I do not have Civ 6 yet, and Steam is the devil.

I think there was a Sherdog CoC clan at some point @Higus Maybe some of those guys are interested

I think there was a Sherdog CoC clan at some point @Higus Maybe some of those guys are interested
There is a Sherdog Clash of Clans and Clash Royale clan. Both are called "Just Bleed" and we are always looking for new members.

I like Crusader Kings 2 better. Then I could literally fuck your mother and throw you in gulag.

Play a Pagan ruler.
Capture a princess with a solid claim on her kingdom.
Rape her until she gets pregnant.
Kill her after she gives birth.
Attack the kingdom to put your one year old bastard on the throne.
Assassinate him in his crib.
Inherit the throne for yourself.

This game puts Game of Thrones to shame. I recently castrated a rival and shipped him of to China as a gift to the Emperor, but I still haven't completed the achievement where you trample the Pope with an elephant.

Play a Pagan ruler.
Capture a princess with a solid claim on her kingdom.
Rape her until she gets pregnant.
Kill her after she gives birth.
Attack the kingdom to put your one year old bastard on the throne.
Assassinate him in his crib.
Inherit the throne for yourself.

This game puts Game of Thrones to shame. I recently castrated a rival and shipped him of to China as a gift to the Emperor, but I still haven't completed the achievement where you trample the Pope with an elephant.

Sounds like my kind of game, might give it a bash. Is it a long learning curve? Guessing its not the type of game you can just play for 20 mins every now and again.

Sounds like my kind of game, might give it a bash. Is it a long learning curve? Guessing its not the type of game you can just play for 20 mins every now and again.

If you have never played any other game from Paradox, you'll probably need 20 to 30 hours to start understanding what is going on. The simple principle that you can't go to war without an actual casus belli can be very confusing at first., but there is a solid Wiki to help and tons of available tutorial now that the game is getting older (it still gets enriched with new DLC).

Haven't gotten civ 6 yet but I like this idea.

ahoy Quipling,

i used to play civ5 quite a bit. i can't imagine playing an online game, though...they just take far too long.

how do people manage it?

- IGIT

ahoy Quipling,

i used to play civ5 quite a bit. i can't imagine playing an online game, though...they just take far too long.

how do people manage it?

- IGIT
Get your snacks and drinks near your computer, get comfy, and pee beforehand.

I haven't played much civ online but I have played similar games a lot. You typically apply a strict turntimer and a game can be over in 4-6 hours if you don't have too many people. Alternatively, you can set up a dedicated server and switch to 24 hr turns after a certain point for games that can last a couple months.

Get your snacks and drinks near your computer, get comfy, and pee beforehand.

I haven't played much civ online but I have played similar games a lot. You typically apply a strict turntimer and a game can be over in 4-6 hours if you don't have too many people. Alternatively, you can set up a dedicated server and switch to 24 hr turns after a certain point for games that can last a couple months.

heyo Quipling,

that sound interesting. late game, it can take a long time to think about what to do.

also, i'd hate to be rushed. one miss click with your lone archer and it could be curtains for you within the first few few decades of play. it sounds like alot of fun, though. it would strange to play against an actual person...someone who might get bitter and enter "revenge mode".

- IGIT

I just got a friend request from a "Kris Burns" from Sacramento. Is that any of you?

He's got a pretty fucked up avatar of Gollum raping some woman, so I don't wanna blindy just hit accept....

Never got to play this game but I have heard good things about it. I kinda left gaming after freshman year of college. The most recent thing I've play is Risk for a month or so. I would think Civilization would be something I'd enjoy considering I always liked pc strategy games.

*Age of Empires II player walks away, looking down, kicking the dirt*.......

Holy shit, my roommates, and I payed that all the time while I was in undergrad. Just had a LAN party the other day, and we all got stomped.

@Quipling @Fawlty @DynamicLoosener @PrinceOfPain @IGIT @Lead

Tagging the Civ 5 bros to let you know that Civ 6 is on sale for $24 (down from 60) on Steam this weekend. Now's your chance to grab it if you were interested

If you do grab it, add me 1amoreland there. Send a Sherbro PM when you do. Still a little weirded out at getting a friend request from Gollum raping a woman...

Everyone should be playing Vermintide 2 instead because it's incredible.

@Quipling @Fawlty @DynamicLoosener @PrinceOfPain @IGIT @Lead

Tagging the Civ 5 bros to let you know that Civ 6 is on sale for $24 (down from 60) on Steam this weekend. Now's your chance to grab it if you were interested

If you do grab it, add me 1amoreland there. Send a Sherbro PM when you do. Still a little weirded out at getting a friend request from Gollum raping a woman...
But I just bought space pirate trainer :(

Still might anyways.

Everyone should be playing Vermintide 2 instead because it's incredible.
If I get a sword and board game this year it'll be bannerlord.

I call Arabia.

Know that this is the face of your demise
latest
Good luck mate. I'll be the Turks. Don't worry, we'll appropriate your cuisine and your beautiful women :)

Just for clarification, I don't have the game. Just wanted to poke at Kafir-kun.

Jesus this is the hardest I've laughed from a reddit post in months:

The best part of Civ games is the beginning, to see if you are going to be the cotton king, a wine merchant, or turn your city into a massive stone quarry.

Oh yay, I'm the Patriarch of the Marsh.

*click click click*

"May the blessings of Heaven be upon you..."

Back