War Room Civilization game?

Significantly much more complex and advanced, but concept wise of grow through the ages yeah

I was just joshing you. I'll look into it. Vidja games aren't really my thing, but I do like strategy games.

Well in that case you should take care to stay away from it, stretch. What with your addictive personality.

Probably. I'm back on the weed again. Weed and Civ is a horrible horrible time-sink. Far worse than Sherdog to be sure.

"Just one more turn..."

But it's never just one more turn.

I was just joshing you. I'll look into it. Vidja games aren't really my thing, but I do like strategy games.

Lol. I couldn't tell if it was just a backhanded comment or serious.

Not a gamer either. Civ is the only game I play because it's purely strategy and long term and multiple, multiple paths to victory (or shafting yourself brutally but just not realizing it for 50 turns)

Bro, unless you have 4-6 hours to dedicate to a full game I wouldn’t open this particular can

Probably. I'm back on the weed again. Weed and Civ is a horrible horrible time-sink. Far worse than Sherdog to be sure.

"Just one more turn..."

But it's never just one more turn.

Wow, you sound like me. I have lost thousands of hours late at night with some weed, some brew and good ol Civilization lol.

Much more so years ago when my kid was a baby and I could function on a few hours sleep. Can’t do that so much anymore

Bro, unless you have 4-6 hours to dedicate to a full game I wouldn’t open this particular can

You can play it in hourish chunks if you have some impressive willpower. Even when I was actually a gamer in highschool and college, nothing had the "one more turn...." ability to keep me hooked like Civ did

You can play it in hourish chunks if you have some impressive willpower. Even when I was actually a gamer in highschool and college, nothing had the "one more turn...." ability to keep me hooked like Civ did

I can’t play it in chunks and you certainly can’t in multiplayer. Back in like 2008-2010 I had a group of 4 guys and we would play multiplayer and games could easily take 6 hours. I’d find myself going to bed at 3 or 4am. Lol wasn’t healthy

I can’t play it in chunks and you certainly can’t in multiplayer. Back in like 2008-2010 I had a group of 4 guys and we would play multiplayer and games could easily take 6 hours. I’d find myself going to bed at 3 or 4am. Lol wasn’t healthy

Nah you can, well on Civ5. I’ve got a dinner time game going with 4 folks in work. Takes fucking ages to complete a game.l due only having an hour and people taking a while over turns.

I just picked it up for Gathering Storm, maybe i'll join up after I learn the mechanics.

Still think CK2 would be good though...we could create the Holy Roman Empire and kill all the Karlings.

Alpha Centuari is to me the best. It is a good mix of different factions with different abilities and future technology. The wonders really change the game up. I have had cities with the scientist that produce more tech than other factions by itself when it has had the supercolider and the theory of everything.

Last week, I beat the game on the second hardest difficulty with the believers. They can support two troops at a city at no cost which means you can have a decent standing army all the time and you have a first attack bonus. The downside is they stuck at technology. Like with all these 4x games, the computer is given extra resources to make them better. No one can program a good AI on games this complex easily. So with the believers you can hold your own because no one wants to mess with you since you are difficult for any faction even with a resource bonus to take on early in the game. It is a fun game with clearly different strategies for each faction. But most factions have attack, hybrid, or build strategies. You can try to be aggressive or build up so many advantageous through infrastructure and wonders.

The morganites, the economic group, is the weakest until they can start taking advantage of trade alliances. That faction plays very differentfrom the others and the goal is to be flush with cash mid late game.

But as a rule, never start a war that you can't end quickly and decisively. You don't have to eliminate the other faction but you better grab the cities that you can quickly. A bad war is way more expensive than paying tribute to someone, even if they are weaker than you. A bad war will slow done your expansion and growth, waste money on troops rather than science, technology, and infrastructure, and put you out of the race for the important wonders.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back