FOX is likely to replace UFC with WWE TV

I hope so. I want me some streamable UFC.

Fuck the UFC and their greed. I kept telling most people that once the FOX deal was up the UFC is gonna have to take a huge ass pay cut or put most of their material on Fight Pass because they burned bridges with ESPN already and nobody else gives a fuck about having them. Dana White openly talked SOOOOOO much shit about ESPN in 2011/2012.

WME/IMG should have fired Dana White immediately and rallied to steal Scott Coker so they could clean up their image and maybe build some bridges with all the people they fucked with. I think this is a great thing for the fans though. If they can't reach a deal, most of the shows will go on Fight Pass.

It's just gonna suck for those greedy motherfuckers. They deserve it though. Fuck'em in the neck.

It was on Spike for a while.....it was the lead-in for TUF if I remember correctly lol

Dana white has said That’s what made the UFc. He gave full credit to McMahon for it. Supposedly McMahon can veto what come on after Raw and he let TUF come in.

As I said in another thread, it's hard for me to understand how anyone that's not a kid finds the scripted and fake WWE appealing. But I guess since kids watch, parents must as well. Going to their events back when they were the WWF, I don't remember anyone who wasn't either 13 or under or taking their kids.

As I said in another thread, it's hard for me to understand how anyone that's not a kid finds the scripted and fake WWE appealing. But I guess since kids watch, parents must as well. Going to their events back when they were the WWF, I don't remember anyone who wasn't either 13 or under or taking their kids.
Shit, back in the 90's, the same type of people who follow MMA religiously followed WWF/WCW the same way. It was an adult's show for that time. And it was pretty much that way until TUF put the UFC on the map. Until that point, very few people followed MMA on a hardcore level. Most of us that were, were here on Sherdog (2001-2005) when Couture, Ortiz, Liddell, Rampage, Wanderlei, Bas, Frank Shammy, Fedor, Nog Brothers, Igor, Cro Cop etc. was blowing up in the early 2000's.

After the UFC blew up, they stole a lot of wrasslin' fans so naturally the WWE went back for the kids like they did in the 80's.

Shit, back in the 90's, the same type of people who follow MMA religiously followed WWF/WCW the same way. It was an adult's show for that time. And it was pretty much that way until TUF put the UFC on the map. Until that point, very few people followed MMA on a hardcore level. Most of us that were, were here on Sherdog (2001-2005) when Couture, Ortiz, Liddell, Rampage, Wanderlei, Bas, Frank Shammy, Fedor, Nog Brothers, Igor, Cro Cop etc. was blowing up in the early 2000's.

After the UFC blew up, they stole a lot of wrasslin' fans so naturally the WWE went back for the kids like they did in the 80's.

Makes sense, but I would have thought most modern UFC/MMA fans were boxing fans in the 90s and 2000s like me who got interested after boxing went into a rapid decline overall in the mid-2000s. Applies to most of the people I know who are MMA fans.

fd111ace7931683341ffc2d8fced3242.gif
40e6a2b74494ca887cff563e325c9725.jpg

Steroids are ridiculous.

I really don't get the hype around WWE.
Maybe it's because I am european but I just don't understand the concept of fake wrestling and why people are interested in watching something like this.

It is a baffling mystery to me. I us it as an IQ measuring stick.

Think of it more as a story or soap opera. If u watched over the years u would see a huge shift in how they wrestle. Independent scene focuses more on moves while WWE focuses on plot.

Great, now our european friend will be confused as to why some americans like WWE & soap operas. Both terrible, terrible products.

UFC needs it own version of attitude era

You've been replaced - there's a whole new crowd of 14-15 year olds.

Nooooooo! That can't be

Well there are millions more 14-15 year olds out there now

And who's to say they'll gravitate towards watching pro wrestling?

There are a lot of 14-15 year olds that come after you...

Yeah and? Not everyone is gonna wanna watch fake wrestling.

Who's to say they don't watch 1 RAW Smackdown or PPV and never watch again.

I liked it at 13-14, growing up. But a vast majority of my friends and peeps saw pro wrestling as ridiculous/childish and or juvenile

I don't understand. You don't think there are 14-15 years old today?

Did I ever say 14-15 year olds don't exist? ... of course there are 14-15 year olds But tastes are different.

With the quality of it so poor across the board, I'd just see pro wrestling a hard sell to watch

Young fans are either really going to like it, or think it's the dumbest thing ever and not watch.

really? Didn't think WWE still had mass appeal in 2018.

I mean I was really into it ... back when I was 14-15, but now it's pretty hard to maintain my interest.
They're selling out 60K+ seat venues every WrestleMania, so there's seems to be some interest.

Crazy idea: Maybe right now there are another guys who are actually 14-15

mind_blown.gif

Okay and?

In my entire group of 8th grade friends (imaginary too) ... I could name 1-2 real people that actually watched WWE. Everyone else found it dumb/ridiculous and didn't bother

The funniest was getting to college, and interacting with fans who couldn't tell the difference between the storyline injuries to wrestlers vs legit injured and unable to compete.

FOX is a mess. They would lose a lot of credibility having WWE replace the UFC.

It is a baffling mystery to me. I us it as an IQ measuring stick.
He should watch the euro wrestling scene. They're actually very interesting to watch

Great, now our european friend will be confused as to why some americans like WWE & soap operas. Both terrible, terrible products.

We should know who UFC decides to go with in 3 weeks
Oh & Fox last offer was $250m, but we don't know exactly for what content.
They offered $200m per in October & upped it 2x since NBC, Turner & Amazon all started bidding

Is it really that difficult to understand? You may not like WWE because you’ve outgrown it but there’s new viewers growing into that demographic everyday. Combine that with the lifelong fans who bring their kids into it and you have a constantly growing audience.

Yes it’s fake and you know what else is fake? EVERY other show on tv. I think some people hate on it because they consider it “not a sport.” It’s entertainment, not sport...there’s characters and storylines and drama just like any other tv show.

Just because it’s not for you anymore doesn’t mean it’s not for everybody.

I work in radio and studying demographics is a big part of what we do and it’s crazy how they can pull such a multi generational audience.

Back