What was the Sherdog consensus about Diaz vs Silva (Pre-fight)?

Whosver won was the goat, whoever lost needed to retire.

Agree somewhat, but then again his last in his last three fights condit straight up ran from him, silva didn't really do much and gsp refused to stand with him. Now why do you think that is? There's a reason

Why didn't you just say "I didn't watch those fights."? That would have been a lot easier.

I took a brief hiatus from watching MMA around that time period & never read any threads about this fight. It made little sense from a rankings perspective and probably hadn't been thought of as a hypothetical fight by many of us so I'm curious as to who y'all thought would win?

anderson-silva-nick-diaz-605031.jpg
Thought Nick won every round. Silva ran hesitant to engage the entire fight.

I took a brief hiatus from watching MMA around that time period & never read any threads about this fight. It made little sense from a rankings perspective and probably hadn't been thought of as a hypothetical fight by many of us so I'm curious as to who y'all thought would win?

anderson-silva-nick-diaz-605031.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 7.44.46 PM.png

Agree somewhat, but then again his last in his last three fights condit straight up ran from him, silva didn't really do much and gsp refused to stand with him. Now why do you think that is? There's a reason
They didn't had to, Diaz lack of volume and aggressiveness against Anderson was the reason he lost to Spider, he was fine standing at Anderson waiting for him, well, Anderson is not a idiot that will bum rush him asking for a counter, and GSP just isn't a striker. Ofc he would wrestle against the guy without good wrestling.
Diaz won that fight
Delusional

<RawexDidThis1>

Diaz thoroughly lost all three fights and I thoroughly enjoyed his bitching after all threetenor-3(1).gif

I saw the fight as tragic. That fight should have been epic.

People in here now have me doubting myself... I was pretty sure GSP thoroughly outstruck Diaz.

Page 2 and not a single answer yet ts! I thought silva would win, and he did.

The purpose of this thread was to find out what the thoughts were about the fight BEFORE it happened. I appreciate all the responses though lol.

Diaz had the chance to fight the goat and that's what he did with it ..lol

PATHETIC !!

only some diaz shertards said he would win

andersson ended up playing it safe and never going for the kill

nick did very good IMHO

Boring ass fight. Silva was clearly past his prime and slower. He was so much more hesitant in this fight than normal. Diaz on the other hand didn't have the striking skill to do anything of note so he just made a bunch of pointless gestures. Expected so much more honestly.

Because it's mma, not stand in front of a boxer.

The purpose of this thread was to find out what the thoughts were about the fight BEFORE it happened. I appreciate all the responses though lol.

It was a mix of excitement and expected disappointment, I think. The fight didn't have a lot at stake.

Considering their name values on Sherdog, the fight didn't feel like Tony/Khabib does right now.

At least that's how I recall feeling during the build-up while on the forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbdbxb
Back