Filipino Food, A question...

Mechado:
mechado.jpg

This dish is what makes filipino food different from most asian foods: TOMATOES.
Over white rice, this is one of my favorite beef dishes in all of food. When done right, the beef is stewed so tender that it can be broken apart with a spoon. Any white American would eat this and love it. Its basically beef, tomatoes, potatoes, bell pepper, garlic, bay leaf, soy sauce, and calamansi (flip lime) juice.

I highlighted to address a part of Filipinos I very much abhor, is that in so many ways we have this underlying, subconscious need to impress and satisfy white people. I blame 400 years of colonialism obviously, but its just annoying too many "Pinoys" like yourself need approval from lighter skinned people. And stop saying Flip. That word is incredibly racist, an acronym, a word Americans made up to put us in our place, stands for fucking little island people.

With that said, I enjoy very much the typical breakfast of my people.

As mentioned, it just needs to have the best ingredients, a good cook & most important presented well. Most people who didn't like Filipino food the first time are those who had food made by a crappy cook. Anyway, there's this Filipino resto in Canberra, Australia and I think they really pulled it off. The food was presented well, the food was delicious. It elevated it slightly yet still true to the original. Website is down at the moment but here's their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KusinaRestaurant.

The herbs and spices used in Filipino food are really limited.

There is a lot of vinegar.

Maybe it is the vinegar. I always thought it was the whole lemon, but vinegar would make sense too.

Sisig is the only decent Filipino dish that I would recommend, others are meh.

Had a GF years ago that used to make Dinuguan.

Didn't care for it too much but if I wanted to get laid I pretty much had to eat it.

Dinuguanjf.JPG

If they took more care to remove the gristle from the meat I would have enjoyed it.

Had a GF years ago that used to make Dinuguan.

Didn't care for it too much but if I wanted to get laid I pretty much had to eat it.

Dinuguanjf.JPG

That's my favorite Filipino food. Getting laid for eating it would be a double win for me.

Dinuguuan is pretty awesome, especially the crispy kind. Caldereta is also legit man, it's not so hard to make, I found this great recipe online, can't wait to do some DIY with this one.

That's my favorite Filipino food. Getting laid for eating it would be a double win for me.

Real men eat Dinuguan any gf/Wife will be proud of their man if he eats Dinuguan not only Filipina women I mean all Women would love Men who eats their Dinuguan!

You know what I am saying?

On topic

Typical Filipino meal, Mung beans stew! This variety has pork rinds in it.

Usually we put more vegetables but I am on a tight budget today!
3836460262700933992%253Faccount_id%253D3

Filipino food looks disgusting. I will not eat it.

Halo halo is good. It's purple yam ice cream with rice crispies, fried white earthworms, green jello, coconut beetle larvae, sliced bananas, goat's milk, cherries, flan, jack fruit and two types of beans

halo-halo.jpg
That dish won on top chef!

Real men eat Dinuguan any gf/Wife will be proud of their man if he eats Dinuguan not only Filipina women I mean all Women would love Men who eats their Dinuguan!

You know what I am saying?
lol....where did you find this old thread? I used to eat that blood soup. I also had an Aussie buddy here named Deeno (sp?) and all the Filipinos would call him dinuguan...haha

That dish won on top chef!
Really? That's disgusting to me, and elicits my gag reflex. Looks like something a child would create, given full kitchen privileges. I guess I'm missing out.

Sisig >> Bangus > Adobo >>>>> everything else
Bangus is the national food...but those tiny bones infuriate me. Takes like an hour to sort that out so your kid doesn't choke on them...feck that.

Bangus is the national food...but those tiny bones infuriate me. Takes like an hour to sort that out so your kid doesn't choke on them...feck that.
You can always buy "Boneless Bangus" instead. Less effort to prepare, and you can eat way better!

Back