Mike Goldberg Made Joe Rogan Look Good - We Now See the holes and Amateurish

Hogan says the same shit every time, over and over. If you e watched him call one fight you have seen them all. Dude needs a refresh

Hogan is well past his prime, no fucking doubt, and Goldie can't spell "prime"...but, I loved those two together.

Last edited:
I remember when Joe tried to make some bullshit "my hands were tied" excuse for not offering Goldie a single word of farewell during his final broadcast with the UFC.

Yet to this day Joe still hasn't had him on his JRE podcast. There must have been some serious baggage connected to their relationship, at least from Rogaine's end.

Mike Goldberg was so bad he made Joe Rogan look good.

Now that Joe is with professionals who do their research we're seeing Rogans holes and how amateurish he is.

Dude, did you even listen to the commentary last night? When Joe's not on, I miss him, and I like both DC and Jon Anik. Joe has flaws, everyone does, but we'll miss him when he's gone.

professionals my ass. part of it is entertainment, i actually tune cruz out most of the type due to how overly analytical he is. there's no 'color' in his color commentary.

He never knew what he was talking about, he for years commentated on a sport he clearly had no knowledge of and he never seemed to get anymore knowledge on that sport
yeah it's hard to overlook this. I have no problems with rogan but half of what goldberg said was full-blown cringe worthy. seemed like a good guy but he was just completely clueless. they had to move on from him eventually.

There are too many big egos on the broadcast now. I picked up on some hostility between Dominic Cruz and DC during last night's broadcast, where Dominic tried to make DC look bad by disagreeing with his commentary. Joe is probably sitting back to avoid some of the douchebaggery from Cruz, and also from Anik, who seems to have a stick up his butt every card. I mean Cruz is a guy that lost his mind over a poster incident involving Faber a decade ago, and still hasn't gotten over it. Mike Goldberg was the chillest dude in the world. Of course Joe is reconsidering his role now.

yeah it's hard to overlook this. I have no problems with rogan but half of what goldberg said was full-blown cringe worthy. seemed like a good guy but he was just completely clueless. they had to move on from him eventually.

3 guys trying to give their opinion on a fight is meant for a podcast, not a broadcast. It sounds like a bunch of dudes trying to talk over each other now, and that' sprob why Rogan is much more silenced.

Lol at people crapping on Rogan....Hes been doing this for 20+ and still around for a reason. Of course, he'll say some things from time to time that might be "off" but geez. ....give the cat a break. Cruz has been doing this now for the better part of a year and I find him annoying and a bit 'uppity' when trying to make HIS POINT across.

I liked Rogan better when his main gig, and I assume income, was "Fear Factor", he seemed to be more honest in his review of fighters and fights.

Cruz, Smith, DC, Hardy.....

....all better than Rogan.

Been saying this for YEARS. In fact if you remember, Joe would occasional do broadcasts with Phil Baroni and Randy Couture and even back then Joe just sounded like a white belt. I don't know why the UFC were so dependent on Joe for technical analysis when he hasn't thought once in the cage.

I'm not shitting on Joe because he serves a purpose, but they need a fighters perspective on these commentaries. Even Jimmy Smith has an MMA record and it shows in in his commentary.
He was a big TV star and accepted to comment UFC events for free when the UFC wasn't this money making machine.

He was a big TV star and accepted to comment UFC events for free when the UFC wasn't this money making machine.
Doing the UFC a favor doesn't make you a good commentator.

Like I said I'm not shitting on Joe, but the guy needs as much assistance as Goldie did.

I'm actually catching up with the fights from last night. Currently watching Reis/Moraga and Cruz/Cormier have great chemistry.

Stann (despite his dryness) had made Joe look bad with his commentary for years. Rogan does very little research pre-fight except smoke weed and OD on alpha brain. He usually times his UFC gig with stand up shows so he's likely spending more time working on his material than learning about the fighters beforehand. He mostly relies on his knowledge as a hardcore fight fan.

Wait...he actually works on his "material"?
<30>

I'm actually catching up with the fights from last night. Currently watching Reis/Moraga and Cruz/Cormier have great chemistry.
But Anik tho...

download.jpg

Doing the UFC a favor doesn't make you a good commentator.

Like I said I'm not shitting on Joe, but the guy needs as much assistance as Goldie did.
It makes the UFC doing him a favour and letting him do his stuff.

He isn't the best, especially when he starts to focus on only one thing to a point it doesn't represent what's happening in the cage...

He is still fun and having a pro fighter alongside him helps.

It's pretty perfect with a third guy that does all the dull stuff, just get rid of Anik and get somebody else.

Back