The Simpsons™ Destroyed By PC Goons. #ApuToo

There's sooo many Indian men and women on FB stating they have no problem with Apu whatsoever, yet I haven't seen any who are.

I certainly see white men with soyface profile pics and white women with pink hair claiming how awful it is.

IDK, I mean I understand their suffering more than the typical White Right Winger sufferings, who have a huge problem with this thread.

5a37f4cae739e.image.jpg

merry-christmas-cup.jpg

Funny how you fuckers cry about Starbuck cups but Holyshit, if somebody has a problem with being bullied because of a cartoon character since elementary school, they are the pussies? LMFAO.

Like I have been saying, White Right Wingers are literally the biggest pussies in the world.

BTW I saw the trailer for "The Problem with APU", they all seem to be very successful Indians...So they are doing pretty well in general public.

So your response is to point out other instances of much ado about nothing? You're either being laughably inconsistent (the hallmark of a low rent mind) or are trying to say that we should also take seriously the laughable tears of those wailing about the war on Christmas, etc.

You've done well to reveal your hand here. Either you're a gruesome hypocrite or an extraordinarily fragile person. Whichever it is, what we do know is that your opinion here is categorically worthless and can be cast aside confidently.

Hank is free to feel however he wants. I think Apu was a great character, if you look at all of his characteristics from the show. Sure he was a stereotype in some ways(Indian Qwick-e-mart owner with a heavy accent), but he was always portrayed as a good human being.

Also, the show introduced many Americans to Indian religion, and culture, and I would argue in a positive way.

However, I'm also sure kids were called Apu, and made fun of. Certainly they would've been made fun of anyway, but Hank has a right to feel bad that his creation was used to bully people.

The real pussies here, once again, are the Alt-Right morons who can't trip over each other fast enough to be outraged that someone is different than them. Whether it be in beliefs, religion, or skin tone.
I think the outrage is from the fact that some people are actively trying to censor old shows through twitter, and it's working.

People are different, and everyone has the right to their own opinion. I fully understand how someone could be offended by characters like Apu, but life must not be too bad if that is causing so much pain. PC culture is funny. There is no longer the right to be offended, one can just silence it with a tweet.

All the other shows are fair game now. South park, family guy, Rick and morty, etc.

I hope you're finally noticing the hypocrisy of your argument?

You are confident in your judgment of calling something innocuous and I can't undermine the validity of your judgment based on whether or not you are emotionally invested in something of not.

But the entire time/thread you are undermining the validity of Azaria's judgment based on your assertion/perception of him being emotionally manipulated. :confused::eek:

Do you see it now?

Sorry I need to expand- do you honestly think me weighing an argument and saying this is a good choice is equal to someone making a choice because someone said they are offended by something? That’s the bottom line of this disagreement.

I’m not saying azaría can’t feel the way he does and do whatever he wants but I’m saying leaving the show or cancelling apu is the wrong move. If you think it’s te right move I’d love to hear why that is with an explanation more valid than some overly sensitive people are offended by a character that isnt offensive.

It's a movie. No relevance to my point--that the reaction here is driven entirely by Azaria having heard people tell him stuff rather than some kind of campaign. As he mentioned, the show's reaction was kind of "eh, you guys might have a point but we're fine with it."

I asked what "this" is in relation to your post since I wasn't sure. As per my best reading though, I then posted the documentary that sparked all this (in your response to your claim " there was no complaining campaign or anything to drive this."). A 50 minute documentary complaining about the stereotypes at least counts as something. Especially since the show responded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Problem_with_Apu

The Simpsons episode "No Good Read Goes Unpunished", first aired in April 8, 2018, was widely received as a response to Kondabolu's film.[21][22][23][24][25] In it, Marge finds that a book she loved as a child contains elements that would now be considered offensive, and edits the book herself to remove these elements. In doing this she finds the book loses its "emotional journey". She and Lisa then look to a picture of Apu, and Lisa comments that it is "something that started decades ago and was applauded and inoffensive, is now politically incorrect. What can you do?" Kondabolu wrote on Twitter that he was disappointed that the message of his film had been reduced to the concept of "politically incorrect".[26]

exactly lol.

The usual libs here damage controlling like mad.

You think this is the first time Apu’s Schtick has been called out in thirty years? This shit has been discussed way before Twitter was invented.

South Park would counter with an entire episode of satire telling them to fuck off and theyre full of shit. And by satire, it would be showing those people being fucked and shitting out their mouths.
LOL, Matt and Trey don't fuck around.

They served up Isaac Hayes real nice after he got butthurt about the Scientology episode.

So classic.

Last edited:
Only if you consider emotion and being offended the same as having good judgement.

That doesn't make any sense as a response. So someone who is offended is incapable of exercising good judgment over how something affects them emotionally.

And the person with no emotional investment in the character is the better gauge of the validity of other people's feelings?

You think this is the first time Apu’s Schtick has been called out in thirty years? This shit has been discussed way before Twitter was invented.
Outrage SJW culture influencing everything has exploded in this decade.

white men with soyface profile pics and white women with pink hair claiming how awful it is.
People who get offended on others behalf.

I asked what "this" is in relation to your post since I wasn't sure. As per my best reading though, I then posted the documentary that sparked all this (in your response to your claim " there was no complaining campaign or anything to drive this."). A 50 minute documentary complaining about the stereotypes at least counts as something. Especially since the show responded.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Problem_with_Apu

Yeah, there was no complaining campaign (no boycotts or any movement). There was an individual person who made a movie, and the show essentially responded like, "hmm." And then Azaria noted that his personal reaction was different.

Basically, it's been handled like adults by adults, but then we have alt-right types on the sidelines chanting "fight, fight."

I would like to add my experience with White Americans making fun of people accents.

Back in 2002, I was 11-12 and my bro was an Xbox Live Beta Tester...This was the first time I ever gamed with a mic.

Im Mexican and I had a thick accent(I still have an accent). Anytime I decided to talk, I would always get this fucking question by what sounded 16-30 year old White Americans, "Are you Mexican?".......They would ask the question over and over again, while saying racist shit(Some idiots thought I was Canadian and made fun of me because of that too lol)......This was my xbox live experience for the most part.

So yeah, I understand why an indian kid that goes to school, will be mocked by White Americans everyday because of the character and why they would hate the character.

Cmon brah. As a Cuban I got my balls busted all the time....raft this, elian and fidel that. So what? I laughed and redirected back whatever stereotype I could think of. Everyone laughed and moved on

That doesn't make any sense as a response. So someone who is offended is incapable of exercising good judgment over how something affects them emotionally.

And the person with no emotional investment in the character is the better gauge of the validity of other people's feelings?

No typically emotional people aren’t good judges of situations. Biochemically their circuits get overrun. It’s why you shouldn’t have important discussions when you’re tired and hungry.

As a lawyer do you want your adjudicator to be emotionally involved in the case your arguing or do you want them to be objective?

Do you draw any lines where being offended is no longer a valid argument? Or can I say your argument is offending me and that’lo trump any argument I could make otherwise?

Btw, I'm sure it's been said, but Homer is a white man and he is the biggest baffoon on the show. All the white people are. Chief Quimby is an idiot slob. On and on.

Outrage SJW culture influencing everything has exploded in this decade.

People who get offended on others behalf.

Outraged conservative SJW have been exploding for way longer than a decade and influencing way more than a cartoon character.

Which is why it’s so funny guys are triggered by this.

Outraged conservative SJW have been exploding for way longer than a decade and influencing way more than a cartoon character.

Which is why it’s so funny guys are triggered by this.
So you're saying it's just a coincidence with the explosion of the outrage culture and him suddenly getting an epiphany that matches their demands? haha dumb.

Everything we complain about is "being triggered" to you guys.

laws changing due to SJW bullshit - you guys are triggered snowflakes!
school and college brainwashing and propaganda - not a big deal!
youtube censorship, jail for jokes - who cares!
etc.

Yeah, there was no complaining campaign (no boycotts or any movement). There was an individual person who made a movie, and the show essentially responded like, "hmm." And then Azaria noted that his personal reaction was different.

Yeah. And I was providing evidence to contradict your claim that there wasn't "anything" to drive this. Clearly there was a movie and discussion that sprang from it. The show seemed to be unimpressed with the complaints. Conversely, Hank was affected and chose to react in a way that reflected that. You're welcome to applaud either side or both here.

30 years and nobody complained until now...during the "the internet raised me" era.

If Apu was a terrible person and took a shit on the side of the road every episode I could understand that. However, he's a business owner, a father of 8, a husband, a proud Hindu and well educated. There are FAR worse stereotypes on that show. However no virtue points to had by white people by complaining about the other stereotypes.

White liberals gonna white liberal though I guess. At least The Simpsons had an epic 30 year run before the bedwetters ruined it.

Btw, I'm sure it's been said, but Homer is a white man and he is the biggest baffoon on the show. All the white people are. Chief Quimby is an idiot slob. On and on.

It's not just that, there are so many rampant stereotypes in this show.

1) groundskeeper Willie
2) the Italian gangsters
3) chef Luigi
4) the Japanese sushi chefs when homer ate fugu fish

Comedies, especially satirical comedies should be extended a little latitude in terms of political correctness

30 years and nobody complained until now...during the "the internet raised me" era.

If Apu was a terrible person and took a shit on the side of the road every episode I could understand that. However, he's a business owner, a father of 8, a husband, a proud Hindu and well educated. There are FAR worse stereotypes on that show. However no virtue points to had by white people by complaining about the other stereotypes.

White liberals gonna white liberal though I guess. At least The Simpsons had an epic 30 year run before the bedwetters ruined it.

There's 1 more season left before they call it quits.

Back