5 Reasons that Sonnen will beat Fedor

Yes he did, Just like Fedor when he came to organization that doesn't allow steroids.

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

You don't seem to be able to distinguish between "gone" and "diminished". Which is what happens with age and Sonnen is the same age.
Fedor on his worst day is 100x the fighter that prime steroid Sonnen ever will be.

1. Fedor's chin is gone.

Maldonado rocked him good, Mitrione finished him and Mir also hurt him. They say Sonnen is small so he won't have a power to do so, against Dan Henderson Fedor weighed in at 223, and Sonnen weighed in at 222 against Rampage Jackson.

Prime, PED Sonnen hit Anderson with like 300 punches none of which hurt or even bruised him. Are you seriously saying there is a legit threat of Sonnen rocking, TKOing or KOing Fedor?
Sonnen has 2 finishes in the last 10 years. And that's at MW. On steroids, EPO and HGH. Who is the last person he actually hurt? All I can remember is this semi knockdown vs Anderson in 2010.

2. Fedor's grappling is gone.

Fedor's judo credentials are better than most Judo practitioners, as well as his Sambo credentials are second to none. But, he has been looking like shit in his training vids, notwithstanding that one judo throw, he doesn't use his grappling much at all, and he doesn't really have a guard game

Just because he hasn't used it, doesn't mean it's gone. And why exactly would you remove his perfect judo throw, which happened last week. from the equation?
He also submitted Mark Coleman from guard, twice. How is that = no guard game in your world?

3. Fedor's speed is gone.

Fedor used to be lightening fast, but he doesn't really have that speed anymore. Even his coaches mentioned before how fast he was when he used to hit mitts, but unfortunately, he just isn't the same fighter at 41. Shocker

Why is this a reason Sonnen will win? Did 41 year old Sonnen get much faster in recent years?

4. Fedor's power is gone.

He used to be very well built guy though he might not have been the biggest guy out there, muscling guys like Noguiera, but he couldn't really push around Maldonado out of all fucking people.

Fedor tossed 260lbs Frank Mir around like a little kid and proceeded to knock him out with two punches. This was last week in case you forgot.

5. Fedor's IQ is gone.

People, not just fighters and fans, but well known coaches, used to talk about how smart Fedor is inside the ring or the cage, like Greg Jackson or Zahabi, etc....but this guy all he does right now is swing for the fences pretty much.

I give you that but against the least dangerous fighter in this tournament it doesn't matter much.
Worst case scenario when fighting Chael Sonnen is that he lays down on you and pats you in the face a little bit.

Now let me give you three reasons Fedor will beat Sonnen:
1. Fedor still poses a threat everywhere and anytime, Sonnen poses one threat and that is being taken down and laid on.
2. Fedor's mental strength - Fedor already showed Sonnen who's boss when he made him drop his act and shake his hand. He might be more chinny than he used to but he is still one of the most composed when under fire.
3. Chael's mental weakness - if there is one thing you can rely on, it's that Chael Sonnen panics and gives up as soon as the going gets tough. One Fedor punch or one stuffed takedown might suffice for Sonnen to go fetal.

I hope chapel lands the double in the first 30 seconds... and gets an armbar slapped on.

But maybe that can’t happen since Fedor forgot how to grapple

Yes he did, Just like Fedor when he came to organization that doesn't allow steroids.
No, Fedor got old and lost motivation. Weidman got smashed in his absolute prime years post USADA.

LOL.

Fedor = GOAT.

Son.

I agree with everything you say, TS..
...But I would believe that one of the best grapplers in the history of mma still poses a threath to a guy like Chael Sonnen if they go to the ground.

Fedor beat a dozen CM PUNKs in PRIDE so Chael has a great chance.
Dont believe me look up his record. Most of his early fights were against guys still today with 0-1 records or 6-14 lol

Two fighters well past prime. It’ll be a Fedor KO or snooze fest sonnet grappling control. Fedor isn’t top 25anymore.

prideroidcontract.jpg

Chael fought in organization that tests, meanwhile Fedor could use anything he wants...

Yet he's still been juiced to the gills anyway in the UFC and self admittedly LMFAO

Get bent!!

speed definitely and chin cracked. But he still has big power and that throw on Mir was technique.

Option 1: Fedor wins by quick TKO in R1
Option 2: Fedor wins by armbar (which would be a rarity for him nowadays)
Option 3: Chael wins by decision (because Fedor is too tired to get off his back)

Hoping for option 1 but am prepared for option 3.

Option 1: Fedor wins by quick TKO in R1
Option 2: Fedor wins by armbar (which would be a rarity for him nowadays)
Option 3: Chael wins by decision (because Fedor is too tired to get off his back)

Hoping for option 1 but am prepared for option 3.
Bro stop. Just love me and Fedor. Only viable options are 1 and 2.

And Fedor fought many guys (not all) paid to take a fall in his entire Japanese career. Not to mention his freak show fights against guys that were either 400 pounds or 8 feet tall.

Hence why most Pride fighters struggled to beat top 5 guys once they came to America. They have but struggled. When Forrest Griffin chokes out a Shogun Rua, or Cro Cop gets put to sleep by a comedian Brendan Schaub...
Go ahead. Hate me now

No one is going to hate you for being stupid. We feel sorry for you, and ignore what you say because it's worthless commentary.

You a hating baby, my baby. You my cute son.

Fedor = GOAT.

Weidman = smashed post USADA in his prime years.
I don't care about Weidman, yes he is smashed post USADA, just like Fedor is smashed.

GSP=GOAT

I don't care about Weidman, yes he is smashed post USADA, just like Fedor is smashed.

GSP=GOAT
Nah, Fedor = GOAT. Fedor never got smashed post-USADA like Weidman and others.

Father time slowed him down.

GSP = Avoidermen of the WW division.

Hendricks > GSP.

Back