5 Reasons that Sonnen will beat Fedor

Fedor still has strength and power. For the record Sonnen is bigger than Fedor.

Why do people say chael is a ped cheater while fedor is clean and innocent? Lmao

Are you seriously saying there is a legit threat of Sonnen rocking, TKOing or KOing Fedor?

If pillow fisted Maldonado arguably KOd Fedor a couple years ago, then yes there is definitely a threat of Sonnen finishing 41y old Fedor via strikes.

If pillow fisted Maldonado arguably KOd Fedor a couple years ago, then yes there is definitely a threat of Sonnen finishing 41y old Fedor via strikes.

Last time I checked Fedor-Maldonado went to decision.
Also, Maldonado has 14 (T)KO wins vs Chael 7 and the last person who fell victim to his pillow fists was MMA legend Kyacey Uscola in 2007, i.e. when Chael was 11 years younger.

Last time I checked Fedor-Maldonado went to decision.
Also, Maldonado has 14 (T)KO wins vs Chael 7 and the last person who fell victim to his pillow fists was MMA legend Kyacey Uscola in 2007, i.e. when Chael was 11 years younger.

Let me put it this way, if pillow fisted Maldonado had the ability to hurt Fedor like he did, then there is definitely a threat of Sonnen doing the same two years later to even more out of prime and chinny Fedor.

Let me put it this way, if pillow fisted Maldonado had the ability to hurt Fedor like he did, then there is definitely a threat of Sonnen doing the same two years later to even more out of prime and chinny Fedor.

Except last time Sonnen hurt anyone was 10 years ago, on 5 different PEDs @ MW.
Some people act like Fedor is the only one aging between the two of them, what's the deal with that? Or is it already established that Sonnen will be fighting on HGH, EPO and 8 different steroids again? Which is the only scenario in which I give him a chance and that's a likely one, to be fair.

Agree with TS on all points.
Anyway Fedor will win again.
Just because of being Fedor

1. Fedor's chin is gone.

Maldonado rocked him good, Mitrione finished him and Mir also hurt him. They say Sonnen is small so he won't have a power to do so, against Dan Henderson Fedor weighed in at 223, and Sonnen weighed in at 222 against Rampage Jackson.

2. Fedor's grappling is gone.

Fedor's judo credentials are better than most Judo practitioners, as well as his Sambo credentials are second to none. But, he has been looking like shit in his training vids, notwithstanding that one judo throw, he doesn't use his grappling much at all, and he doesn't really have a guard game

3. Fedor's speed is gone.

Fedor used to be lightening fast, but he doesn't really have that speed anymore. Even his coaches mentioned before how fast he was when he used to hit mitts, but unfortunately, he just isn't the same fighter at 41. Shocker

4. Fedor's power is gone.

He used to be very well built guy though he might not have been the biggest guy out there, muscling guys like Noguiera, but he couldn't really push around Maldonado out of all fucking people.

5. Fedor's IQ is gone.

People, not just fighters and fans, but well known coaches, used to talk about how smart Fedor is inside the ring or the cage, like Greg Jackson or Zahabi, etc....but this guy all he does right now is swing for the fences pretty much.

For me, since 2005, Fedor has been the greatest of all time. Since Sonnen debuted, for me he has been nothing but a scrub who just happen to be able to compete in the weakest division of all time while roiding. Big mouth but nothing more or less.

I don't want to live in a world where someone like Sonnen would beat Fedor, but facts are facts. Sonnen took down Rampage at will, and if you actually look at common opponents between Rampage and Fedor, Rampage showed a lot better takedown defenses against Arona and Randleman. It could be argued how ever Sonnen fought Hampage instead.

War Fedor nonetheless
This may be one of the worst postd ever. To say Frank mir "hurt" fedor is rather generous to mir. To compare sonnens power to Dan hendersen is pretty laughable.

Some people act like Fedor is the only one aging between the two of them, what's the deal with that? Or is it already established that Sonnen will be fighting on HGH, EPO and 8 different steroids again? Which is the only scenario in which I give him a chance and that's a likely one, to be fair.

Look at his fight with Rampage. He is way above his natural build. Sonnen is infused with every PED this galaxy can offer. But that will only help him in grappling strenght and cardio. Sonnen was always weak minded and a quitter if someone presented a challenge. Rampage was just fat , lazy and in general an embarassement to mma in this fight.

I dont see him surviving the stand up and definitely not being able to get a submission. 5 rounds of laynpray may be a possibility but imo thats enough time for Fedor to catch him.

I always supported Bellator but how they have developed into a safe heaven for PED abusers is disgusting. The number 1 reason why I dont watch them anymore. They actively sabotage any meaningful testing.

But I will definitely watch Fedor and also Weichel if he fights again.

Last edited:

Maldonado hurt Fedor because he landed a slick counter right directly on the chin that Fedor was practically running into. Chael has decent boxing, but he does not have that kind of slickness.

Its not about Fedor's age, its his chin. Imo, he might have the worst chin at HW top50 currently. Fedor is the GOAT and my all time 1 favorite fighter, I just call it how I see it.

Fedor still should be a clear favorite in this match up, though, just because Sonnen does not hit that hard. All Im saying is that even Sonnen might KO Fedor now, sadly.

i'm not sure if this is a hate thread or what, but this is a pretty awful thread nonetheless with a bunch of nonsense spewed in the OP.

TS, just stop posting. Guys like you make Sherdog a shitshow sometimes.

Maldonado hurt Fedor because he landed a slick counter right directly on the chin that Fedor was practically running into. Chael has decent boxing, but he does not have that kind of slickness.

WAIT, he weighs 222 lbs, so he'll definitely have the same KO power that Hendo had during his career (especially the TRT years).

God bless TS and his great logic.

"I don't accept your wins in Japan, nor should I. Referee was wearing an earpiece"

I like a while ago when asked about Fedor, Chael was like "Well, we really don't know a lot about it. We've only seen him a few times, and he's 3-2."

I dont mean you. I know I will get hate for saying Fedor was in fixed fights as well as freak show fights.

The first part (fixed fights), no he was not, he may have been in fights where he was sure to win, but there was no dives taken by his opponents, unlike say...takada or similar.

The second part (Freakshow fights) 100% he was, and it was glorious, love those things.
eTeppWO.jpg

I dont mean you. I know I will get hate for saying Fedor was in fixed fights as well as freak show fights.

Proof of fixed fights? IF not you should be banned for saying something so fuckin stupid

Fedor speed is not gone and neither is his power. Did you see how fast and powerful those shots were that finished Frank Mir. ?

Fedor chin is not completely gone and Dan H. hits allot harder then Sonnen does. We have to remember that Sonnen was over powered by Rashad Evans and Jon Jones and neither of them are as strong as Fedor.

Sonnen might be in for an early KO ... if not he has a chance at winning in the later rounds via getting a submission or winning a very close SD.

Back