U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low;

2 is pushing it and I am talking about families that make 250k per year struggling a bit. Granted it’s in expensive ass north jersey with some of the highest state taxes in to the US...
It's funny because poor people usually have the most children, lol.
If you want to have lots of children just move to a cheaper place, work remote or live a simpler life.

Can't do anything interesting? What's their opinion of interesting? Drinking and partying every weekend?

Example, one of my coworkers would take a 2 week vacation to bike from Denver to Moab and then spend every day mountain biking through it. Out the window since he had his two kids. Now he has to spend his vacations taking his son to hockey practice and daughter to gymnastics.

Society collapses if we don't have kids, how's that for a good argument?

Collective vs individual. Try to keep up.

If everyone individually decides not to have kids, or enough of us do such that we fall below replacement levels as we already have, then society collapses eventually. You know, that was kind of mentioned in the OP so try to keep up.

What the heck are we going to do when social security collapses? This started in the 1970s. We need to undo this before it is to late and it might already be. Are society is not sustainable right now.
*Our.

The global population has more than doubled since 1970.

Please don't procreate.

Example, one of my coworkers would take a 2 week vacation to bike from Denver to Moab and then spend every day mountain biking through it. Out the window since he had his two kids. Now he has to spend his vacations taking his son to hockey practice and daughter to gymnastics.

<23>

Since his kids aren't old enough to go with him he could in the meantime take them fishing, camping, hunting, teach them survival skills, skills that allow you to be self sufficient etc...

What is the solution? If the macro economy operates in such a way that people can't afford to have children, the Govt will have to pick up the slack through incentives to maintain the desired birthrate.

<23>

Since his kids aren't old enough to go with him he could in the meantime take them fishing, camping, hunting, teach them survival skills, skills that allow you to be self sufficient etc...

You seem to be confused where you think mountain biking = fishing, camping, hunting, survival skills, and skills to be self sufficient. His interest is biking. His kids' interests are hockey and gymnastics. The kids' interests win as he's shuttling them around across state lines for them to go to camps, competitions, and practices.

If everyone individually decides not to have kids, or enough of us do such that we fall below replacement levels as we already have, then society collapses eventually. You know, that was kind of mentioned in the OP so try to keep up.

Having a kid (or kids) is an individual decision and needs to appeal to the individual. Pointing out a societal (and glacial one at that) reason doesn't appeal to the individual sentiment.

if you enjoy having a partner, you will enjoy children.

on top of that, it becomes a biological calling at some point, good luck ignoring that calling when it comes.

You seem to be confused where you think mountain biking = fishing, camping, hunting, survival skills, and skills to be self sufficient. His interest is biking. His kids' interests are hockey and gymnastics. The kids' interests win as he's shuttling them around across state lines for them to go to camps, competitions, and practices.

Maybe he should try some of those things I mentioned? He and his kids might like them. If not then he is simply going to have to wait until the kids are older before going back to his favorite hobbies.

It's not like his life is over now.

What is the solution? If the macro economy operates in such a way that people can't afford to have children, the Govt will have to pick up the slack through incentives to maintain the desired birthrate.

End abortion for one thing. Paid leave for both parents. Increase the tax subsidy. But it has to be more than that. We need to change our culture. Modern culture has moved away from the individual being part of a greater society. There is no longer a connectivity between fellow Americans. We need to promote television shows that promote the nuclear family. Teach the value of marriage in our schools. Promote a culture where women are not shamed for staying at home.

No one I know ever makes a good argument for having kids. Their lives completely change and become 100% dependent on their kids and all I hear about is the lack of sleep, sex, freedom, doing anything interesting, have to move to some shitty/boring area for them, have to take some shitty job to support them, and spend a ton of money on them ... but it's the best thing they've ever done! Except they don't or can't explain why.

I can explain.

Being a dad is hard. It’s expensive and stressful and you have to make sacrifices to do it properly.

People who say parenting is easy and they sacrifice nothing are probably not good parents. You have to spend a lot of time at home having them do homework and a lot of time and you fall out of shape cuz you can’t go the gym as much, and yes it costs a fortune. I only have one kid.

But the feeling of love and pride of Raising your own kid is the best thing ever. I’m being honest. It Really feels like the point of life. Why do you think so many people have kids? Why do you think your parents had you?

I want to get married again someday and have more children if I can get my financial situation even better.

End abortion for one thing. Paid leave for both parents. Increase the tax subsidy. But it has to be more than that. We need to change our culture. Modern culture has moved away from the individual being part of a greater society. There is no longer a connectivity between fellow Americans. We need to promote television shows that promote the nuclear family. Teach the value of marriage in our schools. Promote a culture where women are not shamed for staying at home.
Sounds good, except for the abortion bit. Unfortunately American society is moving in the opposite direction.

Does he complain about not being able to mountain bike and having to take his kids around for gymnastics and hockey?
Having a kid (or kids) is an individual decision and needs to appeal to the individual. Pointing out a societal (and glacial one at that) reason doesn't appeal to the individual sentiment.
You yourself have said that parents have told you its the best thing ever done and yet you don't believe them. I doubt I'll be able to convince you if they haven't.

<23>

Says the guy with no kids, i used to think i would need to have 3-4 kids for "my family" since my bro wife cant have kids and my younger brother certainly wont ever marry.

Yeah, im already throwing the towel at one.

I can explain.

Being a dad is hard. It’s expensive and stressful and you have to make sacrifices to do it properly.

People who say parenting is easy and they sacrifice nothing are probably not good parents. You have to spend a lot of time at home having them do homework and a lot of time and you fall out of shape cuz you can’t go the gym as much, and yes it costs a fortune. I only have one kid.

But the feeling of love and pride of Raising your own kid is the best thing ever. I’m being honest. It Really feels like the point of life. Why do you think so many people have kids? Why do you think your parents had you?

I want to get married again someday and have more children if I can get my financial situation even better.

Or rich and with large extended families that care for each other.

Says the guy with no kids, i used to think i would need to have 3-4 kids for "my family" since my bro wife cant have kids and my younger brother certainly wont ever marry.

Yeah, im already throwing the towel at one.
<JagsKiddingMe>

What is wrong with you? I was giving helpful suggestions.

Society collapses if we don't have kids, how's that for a good argument?

We just need a few decades until Amazon starts rolling out the T-series and then we dont need humans.

Back