U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low;

Like most developed countries, are birth rates are dropping. The fortunate thing for us is we have a lot of options and demand with immigration and do a lot better with assimilation compared to other developed countries like Germany and Japan. This is why I get a little annoyed with people who aren't just for ending illegal immigration but also want to curb immigration altogether

Do you also get annoyed with people that think a country should be very selective so they don't create social tension?

<Y2JSmirk>

Im implying that it looks far easier than it actually is.

If i were to give an analogy, it would be like when we were kids and we hated school and we thought being grown ups was going to be so easy because nobody would tell you that you cant eat cookies before dinner and you would have money to buy all the candy and videogames in the world.

And then you grow up and work long ass weeks, and you still cant eat cookies before dinner because you need to watch your weight since you arent a calorie burning machine like you used to when growing up.

Same goes for all the candy in the world, now you need to see how calories they have and how much effort it is to burn them and then lay them down. And the videogames? sure your steam library has 200 games when as a kid you were lucky to have 3, but you havent played 20% of them.

Yup, we were blessed as kids and we didnt knew it, and the same happens with kids.

Kids today are the most blessed.

I am blessed because I am a kid at heart.

I serious if they has publically gotten out that they practice eugenics just imagine how much progress they have made that they have not publically released? Same with there advancements in cyber warfare and supercomputing. For all we know they may have cloned a human or born people already through gene modification. The chinese government has to be one of most top secret on earth i think only the mossad and israelis would be as close. Because those countries is not easy to infiltrate.

While the west is run by psychos idiors who think gene modifcistion and preventing babies being born atupid is "evil and like hitler". China gives no fucks and in 20 years will have made successful gene engineered super smart people. These people will be like the future master race, smarter and healthier than eveyone naturally born and able to learn like 7 languages fluently. They will takeover the world.

I know man. You have an interesting topic you oppened right there.

But aren't they already cloned ever since? See they all look a like?

<TheDonald><FutbolThink>

It always amazes me how people who live in shitholes here and abroad without that means the means to support them insist on having so many children.
Hard to sort brought the bullshit when you look it up but I think the most common eataimte I read is seven kids per family in Africa. Like wtf?

I mean at least I’ll be dead by the time the shitnreally hits the fan

The universe is billions of years old, the human race is just a fart in the timeframe, even if we were set back say 5,000 years. Its, just a blink in existence.

If civilizations fall, then it will be a few hundred years or millenia until humans get their shit back together.

One of the positives to this is that population control will reduce our carbon footprint. This should make the alarmists happy.

Hard to sort brought the bullshit when you look it up but I think the most common eataimte I read is seven kids per family in Africa. Like wtf?

This isn't all that complicated and gets addressed in almost every thread about birth rates. In countries with high infant mortality rates, birth rates are higher. In countries with low infant mortality rates, birth rates are lower.

Parents have limited resources available to meet a very simple goal - getting your children to reproductive age. If there is a high likelihood that your child will die before reaching reproductive age then you spend your resources to have more kids and increase the odds that one of them will eventually reproduce. If there's a high likelihood that your child will reach reproductive age then you spend your resources to secure their place in society and increase their competitiveness for a spouse.

Every country goes through this. It's well documented and why a decrease in human population is predicted by every reputable group within a few decades. As Africa's infant mortality rate continues to decline, the number of offspring per woman will also decline. In several places, the trend is already in effect. It's a testament to people's lack of information that they continue to discuss this like it's new or unresolved.

One of the positives to this is that population control will reduce our carbon footprint. This should make the alarmists happy.
Nope, Republicans will just draft legislation to force industry to double pollution.

Its my job to be angry about these things. I am a civil rights attorney. I am in constant combat with a Leviathan that want to take away our freedoms.
It amazes me that you are an attorney considering your analyses and arguments are on the level of a potential school shooter on 4Chan.

Anyway the main reason for declining birth rates has been given and there is actual evidence to back it up. People's financial stability and security are perpetually decreasing. You can either live in a flourishing economy that is excruciatingly expensive or live outside of it where you have a 2 hour one way commute where you never see your kids. Or you can live in a more affordable area where you are one of the lucky few with a decent paying job and just hope the company you work for doesn't go away leaving you SOL. In the days of a job for life where screwing in a bolt on an assembly line could feed a family of four it was fine to have a bunch of kids. Those days are long gone.

The fact is lowering birth rates have little to do with your identity politics crusade and a whole lot on the changing structure of our economy. I took the plunge and had a kid besides all this, but I will probably have to stop at 1 because any more is just not affordable.

This isn't all that complicated and gets addressed in almost every thread about birth rates. In countries with high infant mortality rates, birth rates are higher. In countries with low infant mortality rates, birth rates are lower.

Parents have limited resources available to meet a very simple goal - getting your children to reproductive age. If there is a high likelihood that your child will die before reaching reproductive age then you spend your resources to have more kids and increase the odds that one of them will eventually reproduce. If there's a high likelihood that your child will reach reproductive age then you spend your resources to secure their place in society and increase their competitiveness for a spouse.

Every country goes through this. It's well documented and why a decrease in human population is predicted by every reputable group within a few decades. As Africa's infant mortality rate continues to decline, the number of offspring per woman will also decline. In several places, the trend is already in effect. It's a testament to people's lack of information that they continue to discuss this like it's new or unresolved.
Good we need about half the people we do now

Good we need about half the people we do now

It's why the hand wringing about declining birth rates is so absurd from others. If we need fewer people then declining birth rates is actually a good thing.

Do you also get annoyed with people that think a country should be very selective so they don't create social tension?

<Y2JSmirk>

I think my comment about assimilation alluded to that. The US has done an very good job in assimilating the legal immigrants that have come here, especially compared to other developed countries

You're worried about 19th century problems in the 21st century.

It probably has less to do with feminism, and more to do with income inequality. Millennials make less and have to pay a shit ton more for education/basic living. Who wants to have kids just to be super poor?

Nah. Kids have always been hard to support. We just like to spend more of our money on entertainment, booze, travel, etc.

This x1000...

It’s a rat race trying to stay afloat for a lot of people. The system is rigged heavily against the middle class and lower and it’s getting worse. Kids come out of college (sometimes with their parents) at least semi broke regardless of whether they find a job or not and are in the negative for most of their lives. How can anyone afford a family when they can barely live on their own at times?

... By not going to college. 60% of kids go to college. That's stupid. It was like 10% 50 years ago.

We live in the richest and most powerful country in history but ohhh my gawd our generation has it so hard, that's why none of us have kids and I live with my parents!11 lolll thats so bullshit.

We just like to drink, party, go to concerts, travel, etc. and you can't do that if you have kids. So our generation uses protection and has abortions. But that's self-deprecating so we blame it on our poor so terrible richest country of all time living conditions.

It amazes me that you are an attorney considering your analyses and arguments are on the level of a potential school shooter on 4Chan.

Anyway the main reason for declining birth rates has been given and there is actual evidence to back it up. People's financial stability and security are perpetually decreasing. You can either live in a flourishing economy that is excruciatingly expensive or live outside of it where you have a 2 hour one way commute where you never see your kids. Or you can live in a more affordable area where you are one of the lucky few with a decent paying job and just hope the company you work for doesn't go away leaving you SOL. In the days of a job for life where screwing in a bolt on an assembly line could feed a family of four it was fine to have a bunch of kids. Those days are long gone.

The fact is lowering birth rates have little to do with your identity politics crusade and a whole lot on the changing structure of our economy. I took the plunge and had a kid besides all this, but I will probably have to stop at 1 because any more is just not affordable.

What's the financial stability like in Zimbabwe? Why is their birth rate so high? Because they don't use protection or have abortions.

We live in the richest, most powerful country in history. We just like to drink, party, travel, and be cool and shit, so our generation uses lots of condoms and abortions. But we also like to blame our own problems on other people, so we blame our parents.

Back