U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low;

You yourself have said that parents have told you its the best thing ever done and yet you don't believe them. I doubt I'll be able to convince you if they haven't.

I doubt most people are just going to admit that the ruined their lives, true or not. I know people who absolutely ruined their lives by having children in highschool. They would say the same thing about having kids.

You're implying my suggestions aren't helpful. Explain yourself.

Im implying that it looks far easier than it actually is.

If i were to give an analogy, it would be like when we were kids and we hated school and we thought being grown ups was going to be so easy because nobody would tell you that you cant eat cookies before dinner and you would have money to buy all the candy and videogames in the world.

And then you grow up and work long ass weeks, and you still cant eat cookies before dinner because you need to watch your weight since you arent a calorie burning machine like you used to when growing up.

Same goes for all the candy in the world, now you need to see how calories they have and how much effort it is to burn them and then lay them down. And the videogames? sure your steam library has 200 games when as a kid you were lucky to have 3, but you havent played 20% of them.

Yup, we were blessed as kids and we didnt knew it, and the same happens with kids.

I doubt most people are just going to admit that the ruined their lives, true or not. I know people who absolutely ruined their lives by having children in highschool. They would say the same thing about having kids.

Its a catch-22, these people who cried about kids in high school will probably end up as young grandpas and have people to care for them as they get older at least enough to talk to someone sane from time to time.

Those who remained alone in their lives will probably end up shooting themselves as all the friends they know start dying or becoming senile and they end up alone in the world.

I kind of regret waiting so long to have kids.

Our decline is more than offset by births in he worst possible places
It always amazes me how people who live in shitholes here and abroad without that means the means to support them insist on having so many children.

Im implying that it looks far easier than it actually is.

If i were to give an analogy, it would be like when we were kids and we hated school and we thought being grown ups was going to be so easy because nobody would tell you that you cant eat cookies before dinner and you would have money to buy all the candy and videogames in the world.

And then you grow up and work long ass weeks, and you still cant eat cookies before dinner because you need to watch your weight since you arent a calorie burning machine like you used to when growing up.

Same goes for all the candy in the world, now you need to see how calories they have and how much effort it is to burn them and then lay them down. And the videogames? sure your steam library has 200 games when as a kid you were lucky to have 3, but you havent played 20% of them.

Yup, we were blessed as kids and we didnt knew it, and the same happens with kids.

Growing up should teach you that it's better to eat healthy so you don't suffer problems later down the line. I find that it's pretty easy to eat healthy, exercise and do fun stuff that burn calories. Learn to love the taste and texture of fruits and vegetables. Endure the few seconds of pain and just get it in you. Even better, buy a blender, plug your nose and drink it.

Kids should not be stuffing their faces with candy and cookies while playing video games in their spare time. A parent can prevent that from happening.

Endure the few years of pain if you can't do fun stuff with your kids.

If everyone individually decides not to have kids, or enough of us do such that we fall below replacement levels as we already have, then society collapses eventually. You know, that was kind of mentioned in the OP so try to keep up.
there's 7 billion of us. its a non issue

You seem to be confused where you think mountain biking = fishing, camping, hunting, survival skills, and skills to be self sufficient. His interest is biking. His kids' interests are hockey and gymnastics. The kids' interests win as he's shuttling them around across state lines for them to go to camps, competitions, and practices.

Having a kid (or kids) is an individual decision and needs to appeal to the individual. Pointing out a societal (and glacial one at that) reason doesn't appeal to the individual sentiment.

That's a matter of choice for your friend. He doesn't have to sign the kids up for hockey and gymnastics. He can arrange with his wife or his parents or his in-laws to still carve out his 2 week mountain trip.

But frankly if he didn't want to do the stuff that kids need then he should have just not had kids. There's something disappointingly selfish about adults who have kids but don't find any joy in helping those kids grow into fully functioning adults (not saying that your friend is one of these people).

No one I know ever makes a good argument for having kids. Their lives completely change and become 100% dependent on their kids and all I hear about is the lack of sleep, sex, freedom, doing anything interesting, have to move to some shitty/boring area for them, have to take some shitty job to support them, and spend a ton of money on them ... but it's the best thing they've ever done! Except they don't or can't explain why.
The hell are you going to do with the 2nd half of your life? You still wanna be out sandblasting prostitutes in your 60s?

@Kafir-kun is correct that society would fall apart. The problem with the "nobody can afford it" argument is that poor people have by far the most kids, and we're even importing poor people with no education Then society is filled with poor people and everyone complains about "income inequality".

My sisters have 4 and 3, and they were nice before but became much more caring and patient after starting their families, same with theother people I know with kids. You're going to pass though so one day you can become hugh Hefner?

Last edited:
Endure the few years of pain if you can't do fun stuff with your kids.

You can do fun stuff with your kids, its just like you cant force another individual to have the same kind of fun you are having.

there's 7 billion of us. its a non issue
Except that in many developed societies it is. If you think because we have 7 billion that its not a problem then you're saying we should just let the wretched poor, who drive most of the population growth on the planet, flood into the developed societies. That's already produced social tension, to ramp up the rate of immigration even further would likely only exacerbate those tensions.

Of course we could also let the developed societies sleep walk into extinction and let the meek inherit the earth. But I like the US, I don't want to see it collapse.
That's a matter of choice for your friend. He doesn't have to sign the kids up for hockey and gymnastics. He can arrange with his wife or his parents or his in-laws to still carve out his 2 week mountain trip.

But frankly if he didn't want to do the stuff that kids need then he should have just not had kids. There's something disappointingly selfish about adults who have kids but don't find any joy in helping those kids grow into fully functioning adults (not saying that your friend is one of these people).
The fact that he is investing that time suggests to me he thinks its worth it on some level and possibly even fulfilling.

Like most developed countries, our birth rates are dropping. The fortunate thing for us is we have a lot of options and demand with immigration and do a lot better with assimilation compared to other developed countries like Germany and Japan. This is why I get a little annoyed with people who aren't just for ending illegal immigration but also want to curb immigration altogether

I'm pretty sure I've seen some threads floating around that suggest younger generations get laid less or at least have fewer sexual partners, which certainly must lead to fewer unwanted pregnancies, right?

Plus, better sex ed certainly plays a factor as well.

Racist!!!

<[analyzed}>

I serious if they has publically gotten out that they practice eugenics just imagine how much progress they have made that they have not publically released? Same with there advancements in cyber warfare and supercomputing. For all we know they may have cloned a human or born people already through gene modification. The chinese government has to be one of most top secret on earth i think only the mossad and israelis would be as close. Because those countries is not easy to infiltrate.

While the west is run by psychos idiors who think gene modifcistion and preventing babies being born atupid is "evil and like hitler". China gives no fucks and in 20 years will have made successful gene engineered super smart people. These people will be like the future master race, smarter and healthier than eveyone naturally born and able to learn like 7 languages fluently. They will takeover the world.

You can do fun stuff with your kids, its just like you cant force another individual to have the same kind of fun you are having.

I wasn't suggesting forcing anything, just trying out new stuff.

The fact that he is investing that time suggests to me he thinks its worth it on some level and possibly even fulfilling.

I would think so but the poster was suggesting that the investment was not worthwhile.

Back