It's official. Starbucks is now a public restroom for the homeless.

You sound extremely poor. Close to being one of the homeless people talked about ITT. Probably live no where near a Starbucks and that's because they generally don't put them in poor places... Like where you live lol
You're contradicting yourself here.

No it wasnt... this is a new policy for a reason

https://www.starbucks.com/about-us/company-information

From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection.

Our mission to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time.

Expect More Than Coffee
We’re not just passionate purveyors of coffee, but everything else that goes with a full and rewarding coffeehouse experience. We also offer a selection of premium teas, fine pastries and other delectable treats to please the taste buds. And the music you hear in store is chosen for its artistry and appeal.

It’s not unusual to see people coming to Starbucks to chat, meet up or even work. We’re a neighborhood gathering place, a part of the daily routine – and we couldn’t be happier about it. Get to know us and you’ll see: we are so much more than what we brew.

We make sure everything we do is through the lens of humanity – from our commitment to the highest quality coffee in the world, to the way we engage with our customers and communities to do business responsibly.

I'm not going to keep rehashing the same shit because you're too retarded to understand exactly what you're talking about. Go creep your ass on elsewhere.

Exactly, it's a business. And clearly you don't understand the business model. Businesses nowadays are starting to consider philanthrophy as a fixed expense, starbucks was on top of that years ago. Why should they care about giving money away if it's a business? Durrrrrrrrrr.
Let me try this a different way -

Do you think It's a viable business plan to provide a 1st, 2nd and 3rd space for homeless people without any expectation of making purchases?

was starbucks real classy before or something?? what am i missing here?

Let me try this a different way -

Do you think It's a viable business plan to provide a 1st, 2nd and 3rd space for homeless people without any expectation of making purchases?

If that stand brings you increased business as a result of your philanthropic stance (as has been shown with millennials wanting to work for and do business with ethical companies) then yes.

You're not understanding that companies are doing exactly this to drum up positive brand associations and get more business from our increasingly jaded society. It's not enough for a company to just provide a product, if you stand for something and create a culturally conscious product, more people are likely to reciprocate that with increased sales. For starbucks, where one person getting fucked over can wreck their meticulously cultivated corporate culture, it absolutely matters. Why do you think Schultz even came back to Starbucks? Profit over people isn't the way they do things, and it never has been.

My room mate is a barista at a locally-owned cafe, and she got accused of racism for asking two black women to leave after they had been sitting at a table for an hour and a half without ordering anything. She politely explained that it was the cafe's policy and that she'd let it slide if it wasn't Saturday (the busiest day of the week). Nope. Got called a "stupid ass bitch" and accused of being racist for trying to free up a table for a real paying customer.

They refused to leave until they spoke to a manager. The owner told them to get the fuck out and never come back. I think he can actually be quoted as "this isn't Starbucks".
This isn't starbucks.

VHFVT.gif

I semi-hope that becomes a popular phrase everyplace that has a customers only policy and Starbucks becomes known as a nationwide homeless hangout. "Hey, you wanna shit up someone's bathroom or shoot smack, you can take it to Starbucks."

If that stand brings you increased business as a result of your philanthropic stance (as has been shown with millennials wanting to work for and do business with ethical companies) then yes.

You're not understanding that companies are doing exactly this to drum up positive brand associations and get more business from our increasingly jaded society. It's not enough for a company to just provide a product, if you stand for something and create a culturally conscious product, more people are likely to reciprocate that with increased sales. For starbucks, where one person getting fucked over can wreck their meticulously cultivated corporate culture, it absolutely matters. Why do you think Schultz even came back to Starbucks? Profit over people isn't the way they do things, and it never has been.
Fair enough. I can see the overall benefits to the brand, while also believing that enforcing said policy and broadcasting it to the world will have negative consequences at some of their locations.

Now this is progress.

The progressives just keep on winning one bakery and coffee shop at a time.

Imagine the virtuous pride that is filling so many heads at this very moment.

aint been to starbucks in my life dunkin donuts for the win.

Back