Canelo vs Jacobs in talks - Hearn

If Canelo beats GGG AND Jacobs then he's p4p number 1...and I'm not a fan of his.

A fight against Jacobs interests me more than a GGG rematch, but I won’t be holding my breath. I really do expect him to announce Gary O’Sullivan as his next opponent.

Tho I thought Canelo won, some thought Lara won. Jacobs is quite a bit bigger and stronger. He also can fight better doing forward, if he has to. Terrible style match up for Canelo. IMO, Jacobs did better vs GGG than Canelo.

Good for Jacobs. I think Canelo has a hard time with him. Given that he is being tested regularly, I'm curious to see how he performs, too. Hopefully there isn't a drop off for Canelo.

Danny poses serious problems but literally lol @ writing off Canelo here.

Golden Boy did

But Hearn has come out to confirm he was contacted to Fight Danny

That surprised me , didn't think they would
Didn't @RR say they've tried to talk in the past, and they were decent in talks?

Danny seems to suffer a bit when he forces the action. He more seems to rush in instead of work his way in. He looked the same in the Mora rematch. That was against guys he didn't respect, I'll bet he respects Canelo's power once they have a few exchanges, and fights more the way he did against GGG.
that's the problem, canelo does his best work when he's fighting off the back foot. i think jacobs and canelo are both better suited to fight GGG than each other.

man i'd love to see this fight.

Tho I thought Canelo won, some thought Lara won. Jacobs is quite a bit bigger and stronger. He also can fight better doing forward, if he has to. Terrible style match up for Canelo. IMO, Jacobs did better vs GGG than Canelo.
My point with Lara was that was a huge risk for a young Canelo with a low reward. He often doesn’t get the credit he deserves

O'sullivan it is then.

they also mentioned can no longer make 160 without being drained david lemuiex

only the complete clueless believe that a ped-free canelo is going to fight danny jacobs, or even worse yet, billy joe saunders

coincedentally, the same clueless that believe the clenbuterol meat bullshit

Because Canelo is known for taking the easy fights?

what do you want to bet that canelo alvarez, if he does not fight gennady golovkin next, does not fight either danny jacobs or billy joe saunders?

Because Canelo is known for taking the easy fights?
nah, not at all. he is one of very few top boxers who actually fight unfavorable matches... but he has fought nobodies before, when GGG was chasing him. if DLH mentions 3 world beaters and 1 can, i'm going to assume he has good reason to do that.

he mentioned 4 people, and one of them is definitely not like the others.

nah, not at all. he is one of very few top boxers who actually fight unfavorable matches... but he has fought nobodies before, when GGG was chasing him. if DLH mentions 3 world beaters and 1 can, i'm going to assume he has good reason to do that.

he mentioned 4 people, and one of them is definitely not like the others.
Please clarify who these "nobodies" are when GGG was "chasing" Canelo... As far as I know there wasn't talk about GGG fighting him until after the Khan fight. And he fought GGG within a year.

Last edited:
Back