The new Blade Runner is boring af

I found the original boring, and the new one amazing. For what it’s worth.

Also, you don’t need to remember, or even see the original to watch 2049. A title card opens the movie and explains all you need to know.

I'll check it out. Looked more interesting in trailers than original, but we'll see.

both Bladerunners were like brain orgasms.

Definitely in my top ten list.

The book was also very good.

I finally watched this on television over the weekend. Blade Runner is one of my favorite films, and as I may have said here on these forums before, I consider Ridley Scott of the 80s to be something of a pillar of cinema. Anyway...

I was blown away by this film. I'm not a fan of Gossling, but his lobotomized persona worked well as the android. The questions within the narrative of what it means to be human were every bit as compelling as the first film, and the story really worked well both as a sequel and on its own legs. To compare the film to the original, I can only say that Villeneuve beautifully captured the cinematic style of Scott's Blade Runner and branched off on his own while masterfully wielding the thematic concepts of the original. I felt a true homage to Blade Runner and yet this film delivered a powerful narrative that was unique to itself.

The final scene, when Deckard enters the room, and we see who his daughter is... Fucking shit.. My eyes actually watered a bit. I loved it. I had thought earlier that she was crying when viewing Gossling's memory because she was touched by the genuine emotion of it, but she was crying because it was her own life, and Gossling saw it and kept it to himself. He sacrificed himself to save Deckard and let this woman - who was essentially to him something of a sister - reunite with her father. He had helped to create a miracle and was able to die at peace. So fucking touching.

I'll have to review it just to more richly absorb the story and the intensity of the visuals. Great film.

I thought it was good too and I liked the first one and really hate all the sequels and shit now.
Also, I totally didn't get the end until I thought about it for 10 mins. I was like "how did she know he put that there".
LULZ.

Hey, actually.. there is a question I still have (I was pretty drunk as I watched this on a saturday night with my friends): how did Gossling's replicant get the horse? Or did I misrecall..? Was he only thinking back on implanted memories of holding his own horse and only actually had the one he found in the orphanage?

@Peteyandjia @Dragonlordxxxxx I know one of you bastards will have the answer. I'm going to watch this a second time sometime soon all the same but I wasn't clear on this by the film's conclusion and have been wondering about it today.

Keep getting bored 20 minutes into the original so refuse to see the 2nd one.

Me too. The furthest I got into the original maybe 30 mins.

Fortunately that was enough that I didn't really miss out on anything when watching 2049...which was my favourite movie of last year.

The day after watching 2049, I decided to watch the original again, made it all the way through and really enjoyed it! I would probably prefer 2049 still but Rutger Hauer's character really makes the original movie a thrill.

I liked it.

Cool visuals and hot chicks.
ana-de-armas-and-mackenzie-davis-in-blade-runner-2049.jpg

Also picked up a couple bottles of special edition Johnny Walker.

Johnnie-Walker-Blade-Runner-2049-1200x675.jpg
the lips on Ana de Armas...

Is it just me, or is there too damn many pollocks around here?

For those that didn't see 2049. Be warned, you should allocate sufficient time in your schedule to watch it.

I sat down in my "home cinema" a few weeks ago to watch it for the second time, I was excites...but it's so long it took me like 4 days to get through. People kept calling me up and interrupting and etc etc.
This movie is meant to be immersive, you better allocate 3 hours of your life for this movie.

Blade Runner 2049 is one of my top 10 favorite films of all time.

Gorgeous cinematography, amazing acting, thrilling action scenes, engaging story, mesmerizing score...

Agree to disagree TS, this to me is what film is all about. Watching K vs Love in the rain in theater was like being on a drug.

Hey, actually.. there is a question I still have (I was pretty drunk as I watched this on a saturday night with my friends): how did Gossling's replicant get the horse? Or did I misrecall..? Was he only thinking back on implanted memories of holding his own horse and only actually had the one he found in the orphanage?

@Peteyandjia @Dragonlordxxxxx I know one of you bastards will have the answer. I'm going to watch this a second time sometime soon all the same but I wasn't clear on this by the film's conclusion and have been wondering about it today.

The memory implanted in his head was a REAL memory of the dream-creator chick.

there's a part of every artist in their work

yes, somebody lived this

Therefore the horse was in the place he left it in his implanted memory because in real life, the chick had left it there.

The cinematography, choreography, sound design and score make this literally one of my favorite action scenes in any film ever.

The memory implanted in his head was a REAL memory of the dream-creator chick.

Therefore the horse was in the place he left it in his implanted memory because in real life, the chick had left it there.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I swear there was a scene in his apartment when he's talking to his hologram girlfriend and then looks at the horse, but I suppose it was cutting away to one of the implanted memories.

A scene in the movie that I have trouble processing is the hooker scene

I know there is some sort of hidden meaning but I cant really decode it

But he is talking to the hooker and its established that she is a replicant, she asks him something, Joi interrupts, and than the hooker says "Oh you dont like real girls"

Well I just thought we established that you are not a real girl either

<TheWire1>

What does that last line really mean you know

If there is one thing that Villeneuve replicated perfectly from the original in 2049, it's how polarizing the movies are lol. Some claim it's one of the best sci-fi movies ever, others claim it's a boring steaming pile of shit haha

I'm in the camp that they're some of the greatest sci-fi movies ever for what it's worth

But he is talking to the hooker and its established that she is a replicant, she asks him something, Joi interrupts, and than the hooker says "Oh you dont like real girls"

Good point. Is she a replicant or human?
I thought she was human based on that line. But then later it's revealed she is part of the resistance of replicants.

Luv stole every scene she was in. Dat face.

tumblr_oy0q1zXIjC1veenguo2_1280.gif

giphy-2.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Back