Loma would need to be vvverry careful against Gervonta Davis

davis by late round ko...lomachenko is overrated on so mamy levels. he showed against grj, salido and linares he's not ready for davis yet...and never will be.
pressure fighters with good power are always going to give loma problems.

Meh, he's got a better amateur background than all but one guy Lomachenko has fought, not to mention he's undefeated. He's AT LEAST as relevant an opponent as Gary Russel was when they fought.

He's more relevant than Russel was at the time. It was Russel's first fight anywhere near the world level, whereas Davis has already been a titlist. Russel is a good fighter, but he's a small FW boxer with a light punch who relies on his hand speed. That kind of fighter is never going to beat Lomachenko unless they're extremely special which Russel is not.

Davis will need more seasoning and show some consistent discipline in and out of the ring before I think he can be competitive with someone like Lomachenko, but he's got qualities (along with the fact that he's clearly naturally bigger than Russel) which could be a lot more troubling for Lomachenko than someone like Russel.

Meh, he's got a better amateur background than all but one guy Lomachenko has fought, not to mention he's undefeated. He's AT LEAST as relevant an opponent as Gary Russel was when they fought.
And hes still no where near as good as Loma.

Youll be free to troll the forums without me telling you to fuck off or banning you.

Not much to say youll last until then though given your current state.

The other mods can ban him tho, right??

FFS. I'm not saying he had chinese people in his armor.

I saw :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s in the armor against Linares.
That fight is being hilariously overblown. Winning, bum shoulder, still got the finish.

Anyway, what is Davis going to expose? Is Loma going to fight Davis with a bum shoulder also?

Punchers chance at best and still not a very good one at that.

That fight is being hilariously overblown. Winning, bum shoulder, still got the finish.

Anyway, what is Davis going to expose? Is Loma going to fight Davis with a bum shoulder also?

Punchers chance at best and still not a very good one at that.
Hes a pretty good counter puncher. I think thats a possible recipe for success vs Lomachenko's workrate.

GTFO. Ain't no way the guy who beat Sugar Jorge Linares and Marvelous Rocky Martinez is losing to Davis.
Typical Seano, never giving Loma credit. You intentionally forgot that he also beat Gary "Hands of Stone" Russel Jr. and Nicholas "Hitman" Walters.

Typical Seano, never giving Loma credit. You intentionally forgot that he also beat Gary "Hands of Stone" Russel Jr. and Nicholas "Hitman" Walters.
don't forget Miguel "Puas" Marriage

the smart money is on Loma for sure

to play devils advocate. I don't think Loma will easily "dance" around Davis. He has a really slick pivot game that makes his pressure style effective, i also really like his body attacks and right hand which would be good at trying to shut down Loma's volume.

That being said if the fight goes down i got Loma winning

or Jason "El Radar" Sosa and "Iron" Chornlatarn Piriyapinyo
yep list of legends all though sometimes these boxing nicknames don't make any sense why is the is dude known as
Gary (Thai Tyson) Russel Jr.??? is he trans racial?

I think Davis has a lot of talent, but I'm very skeptical about him being anywhere near ready for Lomachenko just yet.
I think it would be a pretty intriguing fight.

Davis has major power, speed, and nice footwork

I do favor loma but I don’t buy that he would just dance around Davis

What exactly has Davis done to make you think he's even on Linares' level? What in his actual accomplishments has lead you to this belief?
What delusional theories do you have to suggest gervonta davis is threat to Lomachenko other than the fact that you don't like Loma and your bias makes all your decisions for you?
you sound like you're mad at me for picking tank davis. why you mad, bruh?...i don't matter how you feel or how i feel, you can have all the emotions in the world about the fight, but unless you can actually get in there and help lomachenko, it's not gonna help loma...it's gonna be up to him and him alone. all we can do on this forum is speculate about who we think would win.

the thing is, i like lomachenko's personality and i like davis's personality....both seem like good guys. so it's not about bias.

but you have a point that if lomachenko was not so overhyped and didn't have irrational fans who say things like loma will "embarrass" an exceptional YOUNG talent with the speed, skill and explosiveness of davis, i might be more inclined to be more agreeable. it just pisses me off that this dude is so undeservingly overrated by the media and his fans...and t's not like loma is rjj and is ACTUALLY making child's play of all his best opponents. he lost to SALIDO...he got dropped by LINARES in a tooth and nail struggle that i had him behind on the cards...he fought on even terms with grj who was relatively inexperienced at the time for 8 rounds...one judge had the fight a draw. but he'd "blow out" tank davis? maybe you have tank confused with lil ole rigo or half-ass walters...but, if that's the case, as i once said to my crazy ex-girlfriend, you're being unreasonable.

I’m not saying he’s not relevant, I said he’s not on lomas level and I don’t believe he has shown that he can be of threat to him I’d argue Russell was more dangerous at the time but we know how that fight went... I think Mikey will be the guy to beat loma throwing my two cents

By how sluggish he looked against Fonseca. Someone who hovering around the 60 spot in rankings in his division. Sure he looked great against Cuellar, the best we've seen him look, but he also was fighting a Cuellar who was coming off a 16 month break and moving up in weight.

Also, GRJ doesn't get the inexperienced excuse vs Loma when it was only Loma's 3rd pro fight and GRJ had over 20 pro fights and hasn't lost since either.
yes, he didn't look great against fonseca..and loma didn't look great against salido...you gonna hold that against lomachenko too?

OF COURSE NOT!!!

and let's get one thing clear...we're talking about EXPERIENCE....not pro, not amateur....we're talking experience in the ring. So, how many amateur fights did loma have? how many did russell have? i KNOW russell had fewer than 200 amateur fights, so loma had about twice as much amateur experience. besides, the amateur boxing program in america is not the same as ukraine and them countries.

but besides that, lomachenko also had six professional fights in the AIBA before he officially turned pro....so, you're factually wrong when you say that grj had "more experience."

I’m not saying he’s not relevant, I said he’s not on lomas level and I don’t believe he has shown that he can be of threat to him I’d argue Russell was more dangerous at the time but we know how that fight went... I think Mikey will be the guy to beat loma throwing my two cents
how was grj more dangerous at the time than tank davis is at this time?

you sound like you're mad at me for picking tank davis. why you mad, bruh?...i don't matter how you feel or how i feel, you can have all the emotions in the world about the fight, but unless you can actually get in there and help lomachenko, it's not gonna help loma...it's gonna be up to him and him alone. all we can do on this forum is speculate about who we think would win.

the thing is, i like lomachenko's personality and i like davis's personality....both seem like good guys. so it's not about bias.

but you have a point that if lomachenko was not so overhyped and didn't have irrational fans who say things like loma will "embarrass" an exceptional YOUNG talent with the speed, skill and explosiveness of davis, i might be more inclined to be more agreeable. it just pisses me off that this dude is so undeservingly overrated by the media and his fans...and t's not like loma is rjj and is ACTUALLY making child's play of all his best opponents. he lost to SALIDO...he got dropped by LINARES in a tooth and nail struggle that i had him behind on the cards...he fought on even terms with grj who was relatively inexperienced at the time for 8 rounds...one judge had the fight a draw. but he'd "blow out" tank davis? maybe you have tank confused with lil ole rigo or half-ass walters...but, if that's the case, as i once said to my crazy ex-girlfriend, you're being unreasonable.

You use an awful lot of words and manage to say so very little it's wild. You still haven't said one reason as to how Davis is supposed to win other than he's not Rigo or Walters which, I assure you nobody was making that comparison.

You keep writing with how you feel and not with what actually is and you either can't or won't understand that's fundamentally flawed. I'm not mad at you for picking Tank I'm asking what on his resume has lead you to think he'd win. What in his very green career make you think he'd beat Loma?

You use an awful lot of words and manage to say so very little it's wild. You still haven't said one reason as to how Davis is supposed to win other than he's not Rigo or Walters which, I assure you nobody was making that comparison.

You keep writing with how you feel and not with what actually is and you either can't or won't understand that's fundamentally flawed. I'm not mad at you for picking Tank I'm asking what on his resume has lead you to think he'd win. What in his very green career make you think he'd beat Loma?
first of all, it's not all about experience...there are fighters with a ton of experience like linares who still aren't top shelf.

There's other factors: one is style...davis has incredible speed and an slightly awkward style that would make it hard for lomachenko to time him early. loma also has an awkward style, but the difference is, Davis is also a more explosive puncher than linares or grj or anybody loma has faced so far. He actually has the power to badly hurt or KO loma with one punch if he lands...i don't think loma has the power to KO davis like he did linares...at least not in the early rounds...and linares showed in the past he's not the most durable guy.

Second, is age....loma is getting up there, especially for a lower weight class ffghter...as the fight wore on, linares was able to find loma with the jab and slow him down with hooks to the body...notice how loma's footwork slows a lot going into the late rounds...that's due to linares body shots...and it allowed linares to land 4 and 5 punch combos on loma. if that's davis landing those shots, loma is in trouble.

davis is also a great body puncher and works an educated jab...remember, the body punches put loma in range for the kd...if loma is a such great defensive fighter, how come linares caught him again and again with the jab, right cross and hoolk to the body? i expect davis to start the fight gunning for loma's mid-section...as they say, the head moves, but the body doesnt. davis is a lot harder puncher than llinares...if and when he sets loma up with body punches and eventually catches loma with a headshot, not only will loma not see the punch, but it's gonna have more of an effect on him.

yes, i expect loma will get his early in the fight, but davis youth makes him more resilient down the stretch...he'll regroup faster and if i'm right about his character, he'll stay tenacious throughout the fight and keep bringing it. davis has the age advantage and he's more skilled than linares..he also has the power advantage...the size disparity in this fight, on the other hand, is nothing close to what loma enjoyed against rigo and grj, although i think he wants to recreate that advantage by demanding the fight be at 135.

But if i'm a loma fan and i think davis is such an easy fight, i've gotta wonder why loma is insisting on having the fight at 135...i'm just saying, it doesn't sound like he's nearly as convinced of his unequestioned superiority over davis as his fans are.

I see Mickey Garcia being a bigger threat to him than Davis tbh.

Back