International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

Sounds like a very reasonable thing to say. What's wrong with you? Sincerely.

Let's talk about troop withdrawal with Kim and Media but not the Secretary of Defense lol.

And that was a quick pivot from "He never said that" to "well what he said was reasonable lol

You guys are so desperate for a win you're imagining one has happened.

"I want to get our soldiers out. I want to bring our soldiers back home," Trump said. "But that's not part of the equation right now. I hope it will be eventually."

LOL. That's some desperate spin.

So on a scale of 1-10, how hurt is your butt right now?

Last edited:
This stuff complaining about Trump "legitimizing" Kim is hogwash. Un was already ligitimized; he is the rightful leader (under their government) of a sovereign nation with military power. We aren't talking about meeting with and legitimizing the head of one these ME terror groups.

This is one of the most retarded (and I rarely use that word) foreign policy tactics ever, regardless of if it’s the left or the right. Pretending someone doesn’t exist is downright childish. And when they’re a nuclear armed nation, it’s downright embarrassing.

Honest question to anyone here.

Has that tactic ever actually worked even once?

Lulz. Cynical much?

Nah, I'm just wary of bullshit. Objectivity is still crucial in times like this. Things can go very well, but they can also go very wrong. There's a lot of anxiety in the world and it makes sense since theres been a lot of back and forth flip-flopping nonsense.

Marshall Plan. Lulz. Get the fuck outta here.

A Marshall Plan is actually a genius idea. NK is a potential goldmine for the U.S. in a variety of ways. Do you really not think so?

NK SAY they arent fans of it. but the kim dynasty's legitimacy is built around being NK's protector from the US. so if the US is no longer "bullying" them....who will kim be "protecting" the NK people from? why will they need him?

The meeting solidified his image as honorable protector and hero by ensuring that fire and fury aren't dropped wholesale on Pyongyang.

This is one of the most retarded (and I rarely use that word) foreign policy tactics ever, regardless of if it’s the left or the right. Pretending someone doesn’t exist is downright childish. And when they’re a nuclear armed nation, it’s downright embarrassing.

Honest question to anyone here.

Has that tactic ever actually worked even once?

It has been worse than the US taking its ball and going home; it is never showing up to the court.

Let's talk about troop withdrawal with Kim and Media but not the Secretary of Defense lol.

And that was a quick pivot from "He never said that" to "well what he said was reasonable lol

You guys are so desperate for a win you're imagining one has happened.

He's literally saying - IN YOUR QUOTE - that he is not withdrawing any troops.

What's wrong with you?

I dont care about the details at this point.

I dont care that Kim even keeps his Nukes.

We just had a breakthrough moment with NK.

I live in the west coast, supposedly I was an easy target to be BOMBED. Now on the flip side, looks like massive progress has been achieved. This somehow evil country is even in talks about giving up nukes have having a friendly relationship with America.

These are two VASTLY different scenarios that you glossed by and havent soaked in. Have you forgotten that this supposed regime was near war with America?

symbolism IS important. im not making light of it. but for now, that is all it is. it could very well lead to something tangible, but im not prepared to say that "antagonism with NK is over" just yet lol.

What's wrong with you?

We will never withdraw troops from South Korea, but reduction in troops or moving them else where in Asia would be fine if things go well.

IF we reduced troops and Kim EVER acted a fool and started any trouble, the world would condemn it and we would have a mandate on whooping his ass.

whats changed from any point the kims have ruled NK in this regard?

whats changed from any point the kims have ruled NK?

On NK. from what I understand outside propaganda (reality, in this case) is increasingly reaching its population. Certainly more than decades ago.

On US, we have a president now who has strolled over and bombed Russia’s bff with no fucks given, twice. Don’t kid yourself in thinking Kim wasn’t watching that very closely.

What's wrong with you?

I think you might be to emotional to discuss this topic.

The tweet I posted said Trump raised the issue of withdrawing Troops. You said he never said that. He clearly did say that.

Mattis said even talking about that is premature at this time.

Calm down and take a deep breath.

And of course both of these men are notoriously dogged about being trustworthy and holding up bargains, especially the nebulous and nonbinding type.

<[analyzed}>

Tremendous broken promises, the best really. Trust me?

On NK. from what I understand outside propaganda (reality, in this case) is increasingly reaching its population. Certainly more than decades ago.

more than the famines of the 1990s?

On US, we have a president now who has strolled over and bombed Russia’s bff with no fucks given, twice. Don’t kid yourself in thinking Kim wasn’t watching that very closely.

so kim believes trump would start a nuclear war with him? nah. we would take out his nukes before he could use them? nah.

IF we reduced troops and Kim EVER acted a fool and started any trouble, the world would condemn it and we would have a mandate on whooping his ass.

100%. I think that's the crucial element here. There must be provisions on that document that create conditions for enforcement or compliance of rules, no? There must be some conditions that when met will create rewards or punishment. This seems like a possible nightmare for international law and the human community or a legitimate framework for peace and mass human development.

The vicious criticism some of you guys are tossing at this is a little gross.
We get it - you don't like Trump and nothing in the world is more important than him failing/looking bad.

Sheesh.

The funny part is people still don’t expect this. Even though it’s clearly documented multiple times throughout his career.

A guy once wrote a bad article about him.

Trump sued him and sent a mountain of paperwork.

Trump then asked him for a meeting.

The guy shows up for the meeting, trump comes in and acts like they’re best friends and offers him a job.

The guy leaves his job and starts working for trump.

Over and over this plays out, and the rubes are still surprised every time. They literally never get tired of losing.

For some damn reason, this story reminds me of the book Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion. Or is it 50 Laws of Power?

Both are a great read, by the way.

It'll be funny if Trump ends up being the president to actually solve the North Korea nuclear problem.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Nah, I'm just wary of bullshit. Objectivity is still crucial in times like this. Things can go very well, but they can also go very wrong. There's a lot of anxiety in the world and it makes sense since theres been a lot of back and forth flip-flopping nonsense.

A Marshall Plan is actually a genius idea. NK is a potential goldmine for the U.S. in a variety of ways. Do you really not think so?

The meeting solidified his image as honorable protector and hero by ensuring that fire and fury aren't dropped wholesale on Pyongyang.

Given your sarcastic tone in the previous post regarding the Marshall Plan, I'm not quite sure if you're still being sarcastic in this one, but I don't think it's a good idea to compare the North Korean recovery situation with that of a war ravaged Western Europe on the heels of WWII.

Oh, by the way, that was a power move initiated by President Truman to establish the US as a legitimate world power and to stop the spreading of the Iron Curtain.

The Cold War is over, bub. America is the greatest superpower in the world. I think a more fitting analogy would be that of Germany's reunification after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

I admire your skeptism. I'm a bit of a skeptic myself, but then once in a while I like to give the benefit of a doubt when something unprecedented like this arises. After all, I'm willing to bet that there were many skeptics in the 80's who thought Reagan was an ass for demanding Gorbachev to tear down the wall. Boy, what a jackass he was.

Oh wait...

Back