International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

Bottom line, if Kim keeps his promises this will be a good thing and Trump deserves credit for it.

You only shutdown one missile engine facility?

Impeach!!!

Judging by some of the reactions in this thread, I'm starting to wonder if the left hates President Trump more than they love peace.

Judging by some of the reactions in this thread, I'm starting to wonder if the left hates President Trump more than they love peace.

But did you say that same thing about the right when they attacked Obama's Iran deal? Or criticized his attempt at normalizing relations with Cuba?

so kim believes trump would start a nuclear war with him? nah. we would take out his nukes before he could use them? nah.

He might believe the second is possible. NK doesn't exactly have a well-established nuclear triad with hundreds or thousands of warheads, and the means to reliably deliver them to... Well, to anywhere really.

Would it be advisable/wise for Trump to make the attempt? No.
But that doesn't necessarily mean that Kim doesn't think he'd try and potentially succeed.

Im really not following on this thread, since i dont care about meetings until Kim actually drops their nukes.

But isnt it a little hypocritical after they tossed out the Iran deal that actually had a denuclearization work frame?

Did you quote the right person?

If Trump asskissing a dictator who "loves his people" <23>
gets something valuable done for the US, that's great and Trump deserves some credit.

I get the feeling this is largely symbolic and don't think Kim will follow through. His track record is clear.

The agreement will culminate with a joint US-NK nuclear strike on Canada.

To all of the posters who are shitting on this summit (you know who you are).

Would you have preferred the Summit hadn't happen?

It's fucking pathetic. The options are diplomacy, or continue to let them do their thing, and inevitably go to war with them.

Liberals apparently think the latter is the better option.

"bu-bu-but, LEGITIMACY! Without attempting diplomacy, and consequently giving NK some main stage recognition, they would cease to be a clear and present danger. The legitimacy this meeting gave NK has magically made them more dangerous than they were without it because...reasons."

Fuckin' seriously, Libs? I just hope you know that when Trump gets re-elected, that it was your cringe inducing perpetual whining that sealed the deal.

Paging fucking @HomerThompson

Where TF you at dog. Stop crying about russia for 9 seconds and come take your beating like a man!!!

<This7>

Where's that concession, shitposting Bob? And could it be entrapment?

Keep trying lol. You liberals fucking pathetic, this was more progress since we’ve had since what??? 1953 lol and all butthurt liberals can do is claim Trump failed. Laughable.

Saving this quote for later.

I have a feeling it won't age well.

Turns out I was wrong: Trump didn't even eke out that one new detail. It's not in the agreement and Trump didn't take notes because he has one of the all time great memories, so there's a good chance Kim didn't agree to it and Trump just made it up.

Keep trying lol. You liberals fucking pathetic, this was more progress since we’ve had since what??? 1953 lol and all butthurt liberals can do is claim Trump failed. Laughable.

Did you ignore the link I posted where, a few months ago, Kim promised to Yoon everything he just promised to Trump, but this time no one pressured him to agree to journalists or experts documenting the changes?

In many, many ways, this agreement is less than past agreements have been. Since NK breaks all their agreements, that doesn't really matter. Too bad Trump never negotiated any verification of these lesser promises.

political teams are a funny thing
Dff_3txXUAARmpm

Kim knows in 2-6 years the US will have new leadership which could be anti-NK and even worse in a decade or two one that will pull a Libya to free the people from a repressive dictator.

Kim will play nice for now and give the appearance of denuclearizing. The process itself will take years to complete. Removing US troops from SK will take some time. He knows Trump will be all in during elections for his second term. Kim will use this time to forge relationships with other world leaders and set up trade with other countries as these talks have helped bring NK to the world stage.

Negotiations aren't even close to being done...

What have we ironed out besides the US agreeing to stop all military joint training with SK?

After hours of talks, the joint statement said that Trump "committed to provide security guarantees" to the North Korean government, while Kim "reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula." It did not define "security guarantees," nor what "complete denuclearization" entails.

This says absolutely nothing.

Still awaiting on further details.

Bottom line, if Kim keeps his promises this will be a good thing and Trump deserves credit for it.

What are you talking about "if Kim...

Shit the way history is playing out at the moment, I would almost guarantee Trump goes back on this deal before he is half way over the Pacific..

political teams are a funny thing
Dff_3txXUAARmpm

People need to make sure they read this. How can people be so blatantly unprincipled?

This level of hypocrisy and divide is much more of a threat to our country than North Korea or Cuba.

It's fucking pathetic. The options are diplomacy, or continue to let them do their thing, and inevitably go to war with them.

Liberals apparently think the latter is the better option.

"bu-bu-but, LEGITIMACY! Without attempting diplomacy, and consequently giving NK some main stage recognition, they would cease to be a clear and present danger. The legitimacy this meeting gave NK has magically made them more dangerous than they were without it because...reasons."

Fuckin' seriously, Libs? I just hope you know that when Trump gets re-elected, that it was your cringe inducing perpetual whining that sealed the deal.

absolutely, 100 percent on the money here.

What’s really amusing that many of my leftist friends on FB are spouting this “derp derp, it legitimizes Kim Jong Un!!” they don’t even know what this talking point means.

What’s really amusing that many of my leftist friends on FB are spouting this “derp derp, it legitimizes Kim Jong Un!!” they don’t even know what this talking point means.

Paging fucking @HomerThompson

Where TF you at dog. Stop crying about russia for 9 seconds and come take your beating like a man!!!

<This7>

Haha crickets brah

I wasn’t even a big fan of Trump before but a number of posters here have really made me a fan. I’m guessing this is why he won

Back