why do chinese not care about diversity?

so what you're telling me is illegal immigration from mexico or taking in all the worlds refugees will make us a technological power house some day?

genius!

A couple reasons:
East Asians in general do not like foreigners living in their countries. Travelling and spending dollars yes, getting citizenship and influencing the future of the country, no.
China has a very large economy but it's still poor on average, somewhat similar to Brazil or Mexico. If some third worlder migrated to China he would most likely end up unemployed or working a 12 hour a day factory job and receiving minimum wage, while he can receive more than that on welfare in a western country.

After the Haiti Earthquake a large amount of Haitians fled to Brazil as we were popular at the time with high growth rates, we would host the world cup and the olympics and our troops were peacekeepers there. When they arrived expecting to find this:
copacabana-beach.jpg

They found that:
favela-esgoto-rio-de-janeiro.jpg

Coupled with the fact they didn't speak the local language, had few useful skills and welfare here is barely enough to eat sufficient calories more than half already left to richer countries.

Who thinks this?

As it relates to diversity, the topic of this thread? Read through the thread and count them. There is a group of posters on this board that always seem to envy countries who do not allow "others" to immigrate, we see it in this thread with China and we've seen it in the past with people idealizing Japan.

Of course, these posters would not even be "Americans" if America did not allow immigration. But I'm sure they don't mean we shouldn't allow their families to come here, they mean other families.

Cuz they are supremacist, or more accurately explained as being Darwinian and following survival of the fittest mantra.

Because caring about diversity is a luxury to have.
The Chinese have a lot more serious issues to care about.
You could ask why do the Chinese not care about unemployment insurance, the police state, a fair justice system, corruption, workers rights, a free press, free internet, pollution and environmental issues those are all things they have not achieved yet as a culture.
If you look at the most developed countries in the World Canada, Australia, Sweden, Netherland, Germany etc.
Those countries don't have any of those above issues anymore because they have developed a society in which they work fine.
Diversity and equality are things you care about when you don't have many other issues.
It's an achivment.

As it relates to diversity, the topic of this thread? Read through the thread and count them. There is a group of posters on this board that always seem to envy countries who do not allow "others" to immigrate, we see it in this thread with China and we've seen it in the past with people idealizing Japan.

Of course, these posters would not even be "Americans" if America did not allow immigration. But I'm sure they don't mean we shouldn't allow their families to come here, they mean other families.
<Prem973>

lol at thinking the American way of life is mass non European third world immigration.

The American way of life is superior, but Chinese immigration policies are superior.

Because caring about diversity is a luxury to have.
The Chinese have a lot more serious issues to care about.
You could ask why do the Chinese not care about unemployment insurance, the police state, a fair justice system, corruption, workers rights, a free press, free internet, pollution and environmental issues those are all things they have not achieved yet as a culture.
If you look at the most developed countries in the World Canada, Australia, Sweden, Netherland, Germany etc.
Those countries don't have any of those above issues anymore because they have developed a society in which they work fine.
Diversity and equality are things you care about when you don't have many other issues.
It's an achivment.

It's more like a way to create the aforementioned issues again, so that people can get back on the grind instead of just enjoying their lives in peace and prosperity.

this shitty subject again?

They probably don't care about diversity for the same reasons they don't care about intellectual property rights. Or the same reason they don't care about daughters. Or the same reason they don't care about educating their entire population to the same basic standards, leaving their rural children to struggle.

Who knows why they continuously make choices that screw over large parts of their population or disregard the rights of others.

this shitty subject again?

They probably don't care about diversity for the same reasons they don't care about intellectual property rights. Or the same reason they don't care about daughters. Or the same reason they don't care about educating their entire population to the same basic standards, leaving their rural children to struggle.

Who knows why they continuously make choices that screw over large parts of their population or disregard the rights of others.

I don't know, maybe the fact that there are close to 1,4 billion of them has something to do with it.

The one thing we all know is that China needs more people.

I don't know, maybe the fact that there are close to 1,4 billion of them has something to do with it.

The one thing we all know is that China needs more people.

Considering that their birth rate has been dropping for 40 years, continues to do so despite the end of the 1 child policy, and is currently lower than ours (barely better than Japan's), from china's perspective, they might actually need more people.

But that's not really relevant to my point, which is that China engages in lots of policy choices that we would consider bad form when it comes to how they treat people. Their record on human rights violations and corporate rights violations are deplorable. It's stupid to point to their opinions on diversity as if there's something we can learn from them. At least when it's done with Japan, we're talking about a country who has largely aligned itself with us and our direction for decades.

China, despite it's size and economic reach (largely a result of its size), is a shithole nation. Selective adoration of shithole nations doesn't make sense to me.

Considering that their birth rate has been dropping for 40 years, continues to do so despite the end of the 1 child policy, and is currently lower than ours (barely better than Japan's), from china's perspective, they might actually need more people.

But that's not really relevant to my point, which is that China engages in lots of policy choices that we would consider bad form when it comes to how they treat people. Their record on human rights violations and corporate rights violations are deplorable. It's stupid to point to their opinions on diversity as if there's something we can learn from them. At least when it's done with Japan, we're talking about a country who has largely aligned itself with us and our direction for decades.

China, despite it's size and economic reach (largely a result of its size), is a shithole nation. Selective adoration of shithole nations doesn't make sense to me.

@PolishHeadlock I see you like this post do you have anything to add?

@Panamai China a shitholes nation? They may have big bad rural people and infra projects but is it really a shithole what country is not a shitter hol?

@Panamai China a shitholes nation? They may have big bad rural people and infra projects but is it really a shithole what country is not a shitter hol?

It's a totalitarian shithole. There is a reason why the wealthy Chinese are storing all of their wealth in US and Canadian real estate.

I don't really have much to add on his comment

Most Asian countries don't give a shit about diversity and aren't full of guilt.

It's ok though because they're not white.

It's a totalitarian shithole. There is a reason why the wealthy Chinese are storing all of their wealth in US and Canadian real estate.

t
Yeah I agree in that sense that they are a totalitarian one man army shithole headed by the Xim Jing Ping
Do you think the Chinese are greedy they seem to be coercing other nations to give them food at gun point.

By the standards of the Western nations, China is a shithole nation. That's not an elevation of other shithole nations, it's an opinion of China relative to broader standards. It's no better than any of the other shithole nations, except that it's size protects against some issues since they can leverage their massive population in ways that smaller nations cannot. Now, that might not be a popular thing to say but it's the truth.

Over 25% of the population does not have access to safe drinking water. In 2012, only 4% of the adult population had a college degree. It's still extremely poor.

So forth and so on, it's a shitty country to live in for most of it's population.

There's a point where further growth is no longer sustainable, nor desirable. China has reached that point, a fairly long time ago.

Their birth rate has dropped from 7 to 1,5, in large part due to the hard decisions that were made, which has been an enormous service to the rest of the world, and the planet itself.

Humane or capitalist solutions would've led to a 2+billion China. Economic growth would've been "sustained" at the expense of everything else. Desertification, ransacking of resources, further pollution of cities, starvation, greater human suffering.

Having a disproportionate male population, has not historically always been detriment to the society, as this has enabled the society to utilize this "outcast" male population to spread into foreign territories, like Northern Europe once did, during the period of great migrations. So, inadvertently perhaps, China may have enforced itself to have become the new "conquering force" on the planet. Not in the manner as the Germanics once were, through blood and steel, but with money, power, and cunning.

Something can certainly be learned from a country that is gaining in power, whereas America's grasp on power is stagnating. You do not need to jump into a pirate ship, just because you're willing to learn a trick or two from the pirates.

A stubborn refusal to learn and adopt winning strategies, will only lead to the West being marginalized, while potentially losing its position as the moral determinant.

Because they aren't deluded ethnomasochist fools hell bent on destroying their own culture.

Something can certainly be learned from a country that is gaining in power, whereas America's grasp on power is stagnating. You do not need to jump into a pirate ship, just because you're willing to learn a trick or two from the pirates.

A stubborn refusal to learn and adopt winning strategies, will only lead to the West being marginalized, while potentially losing its position as the moral determinant.

Sorry, but that makes little sense from the jump. America has been the sole dominant country in terms of global power for decades. Of course, we're stagnating. You can't keep growing when you're already at the top. All you can do is consolidate your power, which in the wrong eyes looks like stagnation. Second, much of China's "growth" is simply the result of climbing out of the middle ages into a modern nation while also carrying 20% of the global population. Let's not overstate this as some insight into economic or social brilliance.

Looking at any of the BRIC nations that were also considered high growth economies, the one thing they have in common is a relatively massive population coupled with a government that was trying to modernize.

So, what we should be learning from China is to stagnate for 100 years, push our population to the limit and then when we reverse those negative trends, people will credit us for finally doing what everyone else already did? Not a good lesson, imo.

uh diversity is only for the well off countries

Nobody, literally not one person alive, is trying to forcefully integrate Africa, Asia, or Latin America.

Why is that?

uh diversity is only for the well off countries

Nobody, literally not one person alive, is trying to forcefully integrate Africa, Asia, or Latin America.

Why is that?

Because they already did it a couple of hundred years ago? I mean, I don't think South Africa has Boers because they were kidnapped and sent over there, lol. And Latin America? South and Central America were integrated at gun point a long time ago.

The English tried with Japan and China...probably why those countries have closed their doors to outsiders, lol.

Back