What happened to @ripskater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
539999.jpg

He was outed as a Homosexual.

committed e-suicide shortly afterwards
This is true. He posted pictures of himself having homosexual intercourse with his wife, while three generations of his family looked on in the background. It was highly inappropriate and very homosexual.

Last edited:
One would also have to be extremely active, honing their character, and posting the same stuff over and over again.

I wonder if some War Room posters legitimately "train" as posters.

Perhaps by binging on Alex Jones videos and rabidly typing Twitter related insults with both thumbs.

This is true. He posted pictures of himself have homosexual intercourse with his wife, while three generations of his family looked on in the background. It was highly inappropriate and very homosexual.
Reported.

Hey look. I found some real estate where Rip still lives....
I am actually a fan of Rip's. I appreciated his commitment to the gimmick.
He was like a 1970's wrestler who was given a Russian character but was born in Minnesota and took it upon himself to learn some Russian phrases in case he was seen in public.
Most gimmicks in here are too outlandish to be believable, his was the right level of outrageousness.
When I first started on Sherdog, there was an art to trolling. Now most trolls don't know how to slow build their troll posts.

I wonder if some War Room posters legitimately "train" as posters.

Perhaps by binging on Alex Jones videos and rabidly typing Twitter related insults with both thumbs.

Don't forget bringing on Charlie zelonoff vids. A lot of trolls here will still claim victory even after the most brutal of smackdowns.

Who is his current character? I don't know if you guys are talking about ripskater or the other creepy dude.

JohnnyMac is his new account. It's the same schtick, but with less humor.

@ripskater was one of my all time favorite posters. No joke; no sarcasm.
Grade A troll IMO.

He continuously (along with TCK) had the same arguments and debates, with numerous different people over the years. It'd get weird watching the same debate, with the same arguments, happen over and over again. Some cyclical shit.

Dude was dope. I never saw him lose his cool, but people would go bananas after reading his posts, LOL!

It was great. I miss old Rip. Johhny Mac isn't the same at all, but I suppose it gets tolling after a while

Ripskater would always reply in a way that was worded politely and innocently enough, but would actually be a slap in the face to the reader and they couldn't get on his level of courteous disagreement and leading question asking so they flipped shit due to his icy exterior that was impossible to rustle or get to bite back

I once gave him a bread recipe.

He never let me know how it turned out.

He was like a 1970's wrestler who was given a Russian character but was born in Minnesota and took it upon himself to learn some Russian phrases in case he was seen in public.
Most gimmicks in here are too outlandish to be believable, his was the right level of outrageousness.
When I first started on Sherdog, there was an art to trolling. Now most trolls don't know how to slow build their troll posts.
Hell of an analysis, Buddy. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Really? Subtlety was definitely NOT how I remember Rip. The whole "Gee golly" Ned Flanders persona was transparently trollish as shit, though we agree. I loved it.

It's pretty obvious he still posts here. He didn't even change up his game much.

Don't forget bringing on Charlie zelonoff vids. A lot of trolls here will still claim victory even after the most brutal of smackdowns.

*types Charlie Zelonoff into youtube... has a second thought... backs away form keyboard*

Hmm, I'll duly take your word for it.

I guess part of the fun of having trolls/gimmicks is it gives a lot of posters an aura of power/invincibility, speaking as an idea/character rather than as their own conscience.

There's probably a lot of potential research studies here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back