What happened to @ripskater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grade A troll IMO.

He continuously (along with TCK) had the same arguments and debates, with numerous different people over the years. It'd get weird to be watching the same debate, with the same arguments, happen over and over again. Some cyclical shit.

Definitely an excellent troll in how he handled arguments, but I do think his persona overall was sincere and not a gimmick.

Rip was indeed a legendary and extremely skillful troll.

539999.jpg

WOULD!!!!!!!!

Definitely an excellent troll in how he handled arguments, but I do think his persona overall was sincere and not a gimmick.
Aye. The thing is, we started with the gay/evolution/religious debates, and he would say some cooky stuff, but I figured okay, he truly does believe the planet is 6 thousand years old, and that a person was plopped on the planet, Noahs ark, etc. That's okay I guess, I know some crazy people who think that too. But then when Scyther (sp?) started his flat earth trolling, Rip would say things like "It's an interesting theory," and started to show his troll card IMO.

I was never impressed with his trolling. The Jesus freak shtick is played out.

Didn't come close to Luba, that guy had the gift

He still posts here from time to time. I wish he would post in the OT, but this isn't a bad place to set up shop considering the sheer amount of right-wing fanatics here that pray to the altar of America and are willing to sacrifice ethnic minorities in an act of obedience to their orange-skinned messiah.

Aye. The thing is, we started with the gay/evolution/religious debates, and he would say some cooky stuff, but I figured okay, he truly does believe the planet is 6 thousand years old, and that a person was plopped on the planet, Noahs ark, etc. That's okay I guess, I know some crazy people who think that too. But then when Scyther (sp?) started his flat earth trolling, Rip would say things like "It's an interesting theory," and started to show his troll card IMO.
Maybe. Maybe even probably. But my read on him was that he was mainly sincere.

Really? Subtlety was definitely NOT how I remember Rip. The whole "Gee golly" Ned Flanders persona was transparently trollish as shit, though we agree. I loved it.
I always pictured him like Jim Carrey in Man on the Moon, when he sat down in front of his computer he was always in character even if not on Sherdog. . When Rip sat down at his computer he was so committed he chastised his roommates any time they used a cuss word.

Can you connect the dots for me? Like I certainly see that they both come at things from a similar perspective, but I know a lot of people like that. I can see how if one isn't used to a certain subset of evangelical thought, Ripskater would seem entirely unique, almost fantastical. I feel like I know dozens of people who think an talk like that.
He is using the same arguments, the same posting style, etc.

I'm waiting for him to start saying stuff like "I heard...." and then ignore you when you ask for a source :p

I always pictured him like Jim Carrey in Man on the Moon, when he sat down in front of his computer he was always in character even if not on Sherdog. . When Rip sat down at his computer he was so committed he chastised his roommates any time they used a cuss word.

Legit LOLed developing that mental picture as I read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back