UFC 226

Didnt Hall have a "slight heart attack" and a "mini seizure" on the same nght? I believe they said he almost died and since Hall wanna be mysterious about details, it was prob pretty serious. Hall does not have the same chance to beat Costa as Lews has in beating Ngannou, sure they both have power but I trust Lewis to place that power way more easily. Lewis also carries his power all 3 and Ngannou is a cocky bastard, He said something like, "I believe Stipe may be my easiest fight to date". Ngannou fought Bojan and Hamilton LOL.

Alright, I missed most of this thread, but I'm curious on the bettor's opinions on Uriah Hall and Derrick Lewis. Since they're the two biggest underdogs on this card...how do you see these ones going?

I've spent too much time in "the heavies" lately where everyone's predictions seem more based on emotion than smart betting, so I'm thinking over/under on these are probably the best bet.

Hall's price is justified. His karate style requires space to work. Hall's only chance to win is a wild KO kick similar to what he landed on Mousasi. However, in the second Mousasi fight we saw a more true reflection of how those 2 matchup. I won't call Hall's KO/TKO kick on Mousasi lucky but it was low probability.

In this current fight we have an aggressive beast in Borrachina vs. Hall who is literally scared to fight. Even as a major fave I really like Borra to crush Hall here. One interesting way to play it would be to LB Hall if he survives r1.

Does anyone think that Ortega can win by decision? If you do can you tell me how you think the fight can play out that way?

BTW what is -5.5?
Does anyone believed he can Ko Frankie ? Ortega is full of surprises so sure, he can win a decision too but most likely I see a finish.

Until usada can work out what the hell hes taking borra ain't losing

Also thinking about putting 1U on Perry, would put more if he had a slightly higher fight IQ than a bag of leaves. I cant understand how the bigger fighter is the dog against a smaller fighter coming in as a late replacement. And Felder is not the stick and run kind or guy, nor does he employ a jab much. He is tough, but how can it be anything other than a pick'em at absolute best?

They both love to throw down, so it plays into Perry's style.

Why do you think Perry has bad fight IQ? He knows how to fight only one way and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. He probably should add more wrinkles to his game, I don't recall him making tactical errors in-fight.

USATSI_10556861_168382968_lowres.jpg

j7uarl.png

Does anyone think that Ortega can win by decision? If you do can you tell me how you think the fight can play out that way?

BTW what is -5.5?

I don't see Ortega winning a decision, no. I really only see him winning by sub.

-5.5 means the sum of Max's scorecards -5.5 points. To win that bet, you basically only need Max to win at least 4 rounds on 1 scorecard. For example, 3 scores of 48-47 (All 3 judges scoring it 3 rounds to 2 in favor of Max) and the bet loses. 2 scores of 48-47 and 1 score of 49-46 and the bet wins.

As i said a while ago NGannou is smart enough to work on his downfalls - looks as if he has leaned right down and worked on his cardio so a repeat of his fight with Stipe doesnt happen again. Get your money on Francis now lol the lines gunna widen

Being smaller is not a good thng against Lewis. Sure, he prob would do better against Stipe with a more economical build but if Lewis gets on top of him Lewis goes from +300 to -300.

Another thing to note is that even if Ngannou has more energy come rd 3 than he usually would, Lewis will still have his power.

Being smaller is not a good thng against Lewis. Sure, he prob would do better against Stipe with a more economical build but if Lewis gets on top of him Lewis goes from +300 to -300.

Another thing to note is that even if Ngannou has more energy come rd 3 than he usually would, Lewis will still have his power.
I dont think he lost much of his power, he burned some fat and looks in good shape.

I dont think he lost much of his power, he burned some fat and looks in good shape.
Woodley looks like he's in fantastic shape, doesn't mean he can go more than 5 mins of actually doing things without gassing.

I can't get away from DC at this price...

DC has a slow metabolism to begin with and is 40...not having to cut weight is going to help him more than people realize...I believe that cut to 205 these last 2 years has killed him and he's going to be a freak in there. There is a reason he's undefeated at heavyweight, tossed Josh Barnett around like a ragdoll, starched bigfoot (when he probably in his prime), beat Frank Mir (also in his prime), and has only lost once to the greatest fighter of all time.

I don't see Ortega winning a decision, no. I really only see him winning by sub.

-5.5 means the sum of Max's scorecards -5.5 points. To win that bet, you basically only need Max to win at least 4 rounds on 1 scorecard. For example, 3 scores of 48-47 (All 3 judges scoring it 3 rounds to 2 in favor of Max) and the bet loses. 2 scores of 48-47 and 1 score of 49-46 and the bet wins.

He actually needs 2 49-46 to cover. It's the reason I dont like the-5.5 bet

Assuncao vs Font

I don't feel like I have the best read on this one, but my gut is telling me that this is a winnable fight for Font. Assuncao's 3-1 record since coming back from ankle surgery and being off for nearly two years is a bit deceiving. He should be 2-2 at best as he clearly lost to Moraes and could be 1-3, as the Sterling fight was extremely close.

How much Assuncao struggled with Sterling in essentially a pure kickboxing matchup, makes me think that he's going to have similar problems with Font. Sterling and Font both fight long and even though the way they maintain distance is different (Sterling's kicks vs Font's jab), the blueprint is there for Font to stay on the outside and make it difficult for Assuncao to land his counters. Font throws a ton a volume as well, while Assuncao sometimes seems content with long periods of little activity. It's worth noting that both of Font's losses in the UFC have come against possibly the two best pressure fighters in the division. I also feel that Assuncao's footwork hasn't looked as good since he came back from the ankle injury.

My concerns on Font's side are his fight IQ and Assuncao's leg kicks. Font was hurt before he shot on Munhoz, so that mistake is excusable but there are other examples. Font had both Andrade and Almeida hurt on the feet and instead of looking to unload and put them away, he took the fights to the ground. He got away with it, and got the finish anyway in both cases but it's still not confidence inspiring. Also, against Lineker he didn't use his jab nearly enough, despite his corner asking him to.

As far as the leg kicks go, Font is going to naturally be vulnerable to them with his boxing stance, but we haven't seen anyone really make him pay yet. I noted before the Kattar (who happens to be Font's teammate and has a similar boxing style) vs Moicano fight that they could be the difference. In that case, we had seen Kattar have his leg compromised by lesser leg kickers than Moicano, but we don't really have the same type of evidence with Font (at least not that I've seen). The two more recent fights where Assuncao had success with his leg kicks was against Caraway and Lopez. But, Lopez is a southpaw and it was the inside leg kick that really did the damage, which won't be available against Font.

So, while it's hard to be super confident, I think Font has enough advantages on paper (age, length, speed, power) to where this should be a pick em at worst. Font is also the more likely finisher IMO. I think the most likely scenario is that this comes down to a close decision though, which is enough for me to go 1u Font at +150.

He actually needs 2 49-46 to cover. It's the reason I dont like the-5.5 bet

Ok but in seeing Ortega drop a LOT of rounds to guys who really are scrubs compared to Max, how exactly does Ortega win rounds?

He's obviously an amazing finisher, but he's not a guy who's style will allow him to be close if this hits the cards. Esp against a master like Max has become.

Assuncao vs Font

I don't feel like I have the best read on this one, but my gut is telling me that this is a winnable fight for Font. Assuncao's 3-1 record since coming back from ankle surgery and being off for nearly two years is a bit deceiving. He should be 2-2 at best as he clearly lost to Moraes and could be 1-3, as the Sterling fight was extremely close.

How much Assuncao struggled with Sterling in essentially a pure kickboxing matchup, makes me think that he's going to have similar problems with Font. Sterling and Font both fight long and even though the way they maintain distance is different (Sterling's kicks vs Font's jab), the blueprint is there for Font to stay on the outside and make it difficult for Assuncao to land his counters. Font throws a ton a volume as well, while Assuncao sometimes seems content with long periods of little activity. It's worth noting that both of Font's losses in the UFC have come against possibly the two best pressure fighters in the division. I also feel that Assuncao's footwork hasn't looked as good since he came back from the ankle injury.

My concerns on Font's side are his fight IQ and Assuncao's leg kicks. Font was hurt before he shot on Munhoz, so that mistake is excusable but there are other examples. Font had both Andrade and Almeida hurt on the feet and instead of looking to unload and put them away, he took the fights to the ground. He got away with it, and got the finish anyway in both cases but it's still not confidence inspiring. Also, against Lineker he didn't use his jab nearly enough, despite his corner asking him to.

As far as the leg kicks go, Font is going to naturally be vulnerable to them with his boxing stance, but we haven't seen anyone really make him pay yet. I noted before the Kattar (who happens to be Font's teammate and has a similar boxing style) vs Moicano fight that they could be the difference. In that case, we had seen Kattar have his leg compromised by lesser leg kickers than Moicano, but we don't really have the same type of evidence with Font (at least not that I've seen). The two more recent fights where Assuncao had success with his leg kicks was against Caraway and Lopez. But, Lopez is a southpaw and it was the inside leg kick that really did the damage, which won't be available against Font.

So, while it's hard to be super confident, I think Font has enough advantages on paper (age, length, speed, power) to where this should be a pick em at worst. Font is also the more likely finisher IMO. I think the most likely scenario is that this comes down to a close decision though, which is enough for me to go 1u Font at +150.

I don't know how anyone can back Font due to the leg kick issue. He has been hit with leg kicks and is clearly very vulnerable to them and Assuncao might be the best in the game at targeting legs. Font's legs are getting chewed up.

Ok but in seeing Ortega drop a LOT of rounds to guys who really are scrubs compared to Max, how exactly does Ortega win rounds?

He's obviously an amazing finisher, but he's not a guy who's style will allow him to be close if this hits the cards. Esp against a master like Max has become.

Just out of interest how would you say a fight between Holloway and Moicano would go?

@iGnP @Oblivian what are your leans for this card?

Much appreciated.
Have not made bets yet but I’ll def be on Max, Ngganou, DC, and Font. Still looking into a couple of other fights. Will tag you in a post when I finally make plays

Back