Should Michael Richards get another shot?

We have too many celebrities. Herd's gotta get thinned somehow.

He’s had work since the Laugh Factory incident. He was on that Kirstie Alley show. But it got canceled after the first season because it sucked.

As long as he is punished (and he was for a sufficient amount of time) he should be forgiven. Granted, I don't care if he isn't because I don't cape for racists, but as long as one pays their dues, society should move on.

With that said, folks need to also let go of the Rihanna/ Chris Brown thing, as he paid his legal dues too.

Probably. I don’t think in this case his rant was necessarily indicative of who he is. Sometimes when people do shit like that, it really is. Like they’ve been putting on a front this whole time and then shown who they really are. In his case, it just seems as if he was trying to say the most offensive shit he could to those guys. You can tell when someone isn’t trying, and they are just being themselves. In his case, you could tell he was trying hard to be offensive. Otherwise he would have started quoting violent crime statistics or some other shit to try and justify being racist. Or it would have slipped out of his mouth more casually or something.

What did you think? I haven't seen it.
Watch the episode of comedians in cars getting coffee with him in it
Its really good, him and Jerry talk about what happened a little bit

That first season of Comedians In Cars was so good
It was just Jerry and his real friends sitting around shooting the shit
The Richards episode, Larry David, Alec Baldwin, Mel Brooks were all classics
As each season went on it got a little less authentic though and I gave up watching once it went from Jerry and his real friends to guests hes never met before being booked on his show
Its up on Netflix now but the original seasons are all mixed up and out of order, its worth digging through and finding the episodes from the pre-Netflix season 1 and 2 though, those things are hilarious

Another thing to think about I think is, we are talking about people who want to be apart of the upper echelon of society i.e. famous and rich, the threshold for mistakes should be quite low.

I mean it's not like he is starving and can just get a regular Joe job like the rest of us.

Yep that is it, He can probably still do standup at very small shows, or bars in like KKK country or something. At some point, if he really good, bigger audiences will have to know.

It's all over.

He had a good run.

Well, I figure it's not that long before a soft reboot of UHF.

Stanley Spadowski is at least guaranteed a more dignified sendoff than...

giphy.gif

I don't know what I'd want to see him in. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire after Seinfeld anyway. If there's a role where he'd be a good fit, sure, I don't think he's disqualified himself from being entertaining by dropping some hard Ns, he might have done so through age and lack of versatility though. They let Mel Gibson back into the club, granted Mel is infinitely more talented, but Richards has served his sentence just the same

He should beg Jerry to do another season of Seinfeld or a movie

It's the only way he will get work

perhaps an unpopular opinion, but was it really that bad what he did? I always thought it was more on the bad taste humor side of things. I wouldn't call it a "racist rant". Definitely not something that should end someone's career.

perhaps an unpopular opinion, but was it really that bad what he did? I always thought it was more on the bad taste humor side of things. I wouldn't call it a "racist rant". Definitely not something that should end someone's career.

Your avatar...

Didn't they have those on the sides of Nazi fighter planes..

...?

Your avatar...

Didn't they have those on the sides of Nazi fighter planes..

...?

Yeah but he's called "Blitzkrieg" so there's no way he's into that kind of stuff.

Kind of an aside, but I really don’t understand hecklers.

You know Richards is the main act, you paid to go see him, and then you act up like an ass to prevent him from doing his thing and also ruin the show for all the other paying customers. Not condoning what Richards said, but if I were him, and would just walk off. But first I’d tell the audience “shows over, you can thank that group right there”

Back