UFN 133 Dos Santos vs Ivanov July 14

I'm not sure what you're saying is true abour Elkins but I cbf going back to check.

Lets see where this "late Russian money" is though, you were talking bout that when Scoggins was +145, now he's +125, which means Scoggins will need to get to at least +150 for your prediction to be correct, I don't think that happens.

There is no such thing as "late Russian money". People just like to bet Russians point blank period cause they are profitable, I don't think timing has anything to do with it.
Possibly it's not money from Russians, but it's a phenomenon I've seen play out with Russian fighters pretty consistently. Could be due to the public hammering Russian fighters due to brand association, or it could be direct money from Russians. I believe Scoggins should be the favorite on absolute value, thus having already placed half my stake @ +135, and I believe the public'll squeeze that out a bit further.

And before you link a youtube video from a conman saying that the only real sharps are 5 guys in Vegas who live in a concrete bunker, and secretly rule the world, and you can too for just $500 a week on his tips, the real public is a chain of semi-sober Used Car Salesmen who'll drop grands on a guy out of last name recognition and a quick wikicap.

Possibly it's not money from Russians, but it's a phenomenon I've seen play out with Russian fighters pretty consistently. Could be due to the public hammering Russian fighters due to brand association, or it could be direct money from Russians. I believe Scoggins should be the favorite on absolute value, thus having already placed half my stake @ +135, and I believe the public'll squeeze that out a bit further.

And before you link a youtube video from a conman saying that the only real sharps are 5 guys in Vegas who live in a concrete bunker, and secretly rule the world, and you can too for just $500 a week on his tips, the real public is a chain of semi-sober Used Car Salesmen who'll drop grands on a guy out of last name recognition and a quick wikicap.
Yeah I don't think it really has anything to do with actual Russians betting on Russians, I just think everyone likes betting Russians.

I already explained to you what the definition of a sharp bettor vs a public bettor is and Gambling Lord Steve Stevens confirmed it. I don't care if you wanna make up your own definition though, thats your choice.

I hope you are right about this Said/Scoggins line movement even though I don't think you will be. I would like Scoggins to get to +150 so I can have the option to play him, I'm on the fence ATM, wanna see weigh ins/face off first.

As talented and athletic as I think Scoggins is, he makes himself a hard guy to trust. At the end of the day he's 4-4 in the UFC and he was very capable of beating the 4 fighters who beat him but he didn't and thats what counts. Massive talent and massive front runner.

Yeah I don't think it really has anything to do with actual Russians betting on Russians, I just think everyone likes betting Russians.

I already explained to you what the definition of a sharp bettor vs a public bettor is and Gambling Lord Steve Stevens confirmed it. I don't care if you wanna make up your own definition though, thats your choice.

I hope you are right about this Said/Scoggins line movement even though I don't think you will be. I would like Scoggins to get to +150 so I can have the option to play him, I'm on the fence ATM, wanna see weigh ins/face off first.

As talented and athletic as I think Scoggins is, he makes himself a hard guy to trust. At the end of the day he's 4-4 in the UFC and he was very capable of beating the 4 fighters who beat him but he didn't and thats what counts. Massive talent and massive front runner.
http://www.wagerminds.com/blog/tout...ey-talks-does-it-star-a-convicted-felon-7574/

Dude's literally, demonstrably a conman with a fake name who got done for Telemarketing Scams. It's kinda sad, tbh.

http://www.wagerminds.com/blog/tout...ey-talks-does-it-star-a-convicted-felon-7574/

Dude's literally, demonstrably a conman with a fake name who got done for Telemarketing Scams. It's kinda sad, tbh.
The telemarketing thing happened decades ago, before he was even a pro sportsbettor. I don't know whats so sad about running a successful business and making millions of dollars. When you are that successful, of course you're gonna have haters on the internet. As far as I know, the guy is legit and I trust his knowledge when it comes to this business.

You don't trust Scoggins as a big fav. He's the dog here against a debuting fighter who has gassed in past fights and is cutting to 125 for the first time, has never fought in the States before and is making a jump up in competition.

You don't trust Scoggins as a big fav. He's the dog here against a debuting fighter who has gassed in past fights and is cutting to 125 for the first time, has never fought in the States before and is making a jump up in competition.
Yeah I understand all that, he is the only side I'm considering. I need the price to get better though and I need to see him weighs in/face off first. If everything is good and he's +140ish then there is a decent chance I'll play him.

Don't be surprised if this Russian misses weight either

Putting $100 on Ivanov as I feel the fight should be close to 50/50, $50 on Scroggins I feel he should be a small favorite as is currently +, and $50 on Nico basing primarily of confidence a buddy has on him.

Brown does not have good enough defense or composure to methodically pressure Price like Luque did. I think Belal would have finished their fight without all the fouls by Brown. His game was falling apart bad in second round. First round against Gall was great and third was smart, but in second Brown tried to aggressively advance position after a takedown and got reversed. Then he committed to a 90 seconds or so scramble against more experienced grappler which he lost and spent rest of the round gassed on bottom. I think Price might have finished Brown in similar situation. Price took out Morono and Sullivan by just keeping to push a pace on tired opponent. Brown fights emotionally and I hope Price to bring that out from him even more than usual.

Last edited:
Brown does not have good enought defense or composure to methodically pressure Price like Luque did. I think Belal would have finished their fight without all the fouls by Brown. His game was falling apart bad in second round. First round agains Gall was great and third was smart, but in second Brown tried to agressively advance position after a takedown and got reversed. Then he commited to a 90 seconds or so scramble against more experienced grappler which he lost and spent rest of the round gassed on bottom. I think Price might have finished Brown in similar situation. Price took out Morono and Sullivan by just keeping to push a pace on tired opponent. Brown fights emotionally and I hope Price to bring that out from him even more than usual.
Sorry but this is just biased nonsense

Didn't check the thread all week due to being on vacation, also didn't have any leans or plays at openers, but just caught up with all the posts.

Thoughts on fights.

I wouldn't trust Eddie Wineland for a dime, not to mention Perez always wins bullshit split decsions. Gotta be one of the only fighters in history to get dropped 3x in a 3 round fight and win a decision.

Elkins-Volk, like I expected, is the most anticipated match up on the card, a fucking shame it's on FS1, the past 16 pages probably had 50 messages about Elkins-Volk, and 5 about JDS/Ivanov. People's main event status. Elkins is +255 now, gonna stalk the line and see if any aussie money comes in before I bet Elkins, also Elkins ITD +1050 is insane.

JAG has had awful luck in UFC, matched up with Gadelha in debut. Tears her acl. Loses to the gigantor Casey, two fights in a row cancelled. Let's not let that distract us from the fact she was terrific in WSOF and Bellator, Aguilar decision +175 is a good line, but her ML is +125, that might be the safer option.

Are you really surprised though?

Was hoping someone said this. Cat hasn't looked like she did against Miesha or Nunes since the Rousey loss...

Please tell me you hit that +700 live bet too.

Cody Garbrandt: TJ, you taught everyone at Alpha Male how to use steroids. -2017

Cody and TJ were UFC champs in 2017, if they were using PEDs back in 2013-2015, they're using them now.

Don't be fooled by the notion you can't be on steroids while USADA is in town.
thanks for the heads up on the Elkins ITD prop that line is nuts indeed

I'm not sure Garbrandt is on them but I'm very suspicious of TJ.

USADA caught Mendes, no doubt he was using. It's always possible he's still on them but I doubt he's risking it now and I guarantee you that USADA is testing him more than ever. USADA changed the game for Mini Mendes, his prime is far gone.

The cream that he used for psoriasis had steroids, so he didn't fight the suspension (He wanted to take a year off anyway because his body was hurt and he wanted his head to heal from the trauma he suffered) It was a dummy mistake, but he is not a roider.

The cream that he used for psoriasis had steroids, so he didn't fight the suspension (He wanted to take a year off anyway because his body was hurt and he wanted his head to heal from the trauma he suffered) It was a dummy mistake, but he is not a roider.
Do you believe everything you hear?

News flash, no one admits to doing PEDS.

I know the excuses he came up with and I'm sure he thought real hard about them, thats the BS story he's telling and he's sticking to it. Mini Mendes was on HGH and probably a stack of other stuff, USADA caught him, it is what it is.

Would putting on some cream with steroids even register on an actual test? I'm assuming a dose that's injected would be dramatically higher than the one put in some skin cream, even if it's the same substance.

Edit : I just read that even if it's a higher dose or longer term, it would in a lot of cases end up damaging the skin in the first place, which would negate his argument.

For all we know he's speaking the truth. But we've seen fighters run the whole gamut of excuses when they get caught with something, it's almost laughably cliche, it's part of mma that I've become extremely jaded with.

Last edited:
Would putting on some cream with steroids even register on an actual test? I'm assuming a dose that's injected would be dramatically higher than the one put in some skin cream, even if it's the same substance.

Edit : I just read that a higher dose or long term usage in creme would end up damaging the skin in the first place, which would negate his argument anyway.

We've seen fighters run the whole gamut of excuses when they get caught with something, it's almost laughably cliche, it's part of mma that I've become extremely jaded with.

Of course if would register on a test. It doesn't matter if it's topic or oral, if you take the substance, it goes to your blood and you get caught when tested.

Do you believe everything you hear?

News flash, no one admits to doing PEDS.

I know the excuses he came up with and I'm sure he thought real hard about them, thats the BS story he's telling and he's sticking to it. Mini Mendes was on HGH and probably a stack of other stuff, USADA caught him, it is what it is.

Are you aware that his body looks exactly the same than before getting "caught"? . He actually has psoriasis and I'm well aware that some creams have steroids, if his body looked any different after the suspension, I would be suspicious, but this isn't the case.

Whenever i get acne i rub hgh all over my face too. gtfo
Judging from some of your posts, that sounds like something you could do.

If you've known someone who has had a bad case of psoriasis, you'd know that they try anything and everything to get rid of it. There's a hundred different things that could help, and no one solution for everyone. Im sure Mendes isnt as desperate about it, but psoriasis literally ruins peoples lifes via depression and what not.

Not defending Mendes, havent looked into this much, but a psoriasis cream containing a steroid sounds much more believeable than some of the stuff people make up after getting popped.

Whenever i get acne i rub hgh all over my face too. gtfo

Man, you are such an ignorant. I've used creams that contain steroids to treat eczemas.
You should read about it instead of mocking.

Hes a fuckin fighter dont use anything with steroids in it its simple

Man, you are such an ignorant. I've used creams that contain steroids to treat eczemas.
You should read about it instead of mocking.
Mendes popped for GHRP-6 (Growth Hormone Releasing Peptide)

In short it increases the body's production of growth hormone and IGF-1

Benefits are:
Increases muscle mass
Lowers body fat
Speeds up recovery
Increases stamina
Anti Inflammatory
Increased bone density

Peptides are the real deal, they are not just in skin care products, they are popular with athletes and bodybuilders. Not surprising Mendes was into this stuff, I'd bet this was just one of the PEDS he was taking, he probably had a whole stack. Don't be so ignorant to assume these guys are so innocent, they have good reason to be using and they have good reason to lie about it.

Back