Borrachinha fires back at Kelly Slater: "He better take care of his surfing"

This is the comment Slater posted on the UFC instagram

20180711232935380393u.jpg

Your point? More people in the world surf than train mma. To become the GOAT surfer , is more competitive by far than being a top 10 MW
So competitive that the guy made just over 4 mil in a 28 year career.
I think we have found a sport with worse pay than mma

There is without question a far larger talent pool to draw from in competitive surfing, meaning that it is much more competitive.

And lol at thinking that Slater has only made 4 million in his entire career - contests, and their subsequent purses, make up a tiny portion of the surfing industry.

Remember when Sherdoggers got yellow cards for saying fighters than have never failed a test are on steroids?

That was a fun time. Also, anyone know when TJ Grant is coming back?

Slater owns $5+ million homes (each) in Hawaii, Florida and Australia ... then he has other properties in California and France ... competition purses are a minor part of revenue in surfing and other sports where sponsorships are huge due to widespread popularity of related clothing brands etc. Slater has been the most popular surfer for some 25 years now and he would have made at least $5+ million per year, some years much more ... you do the maths but we are talking well over 100 million in career earnings.

Slater owns $5+ million homes (each) in Hawaii, Florida and Australia ... then he has other properties in California and France ... competition purses are a minor part of revenue in surfing and other sports where sponsorships are huge due to widespread popularity of related clothing brands etc. Slater has been the most popular surfer for some 25 years now and he would have made at least $5+ million per year, some years much more ... you do the maths but we are talking well over 100 million in career earnings.
I’d like to think so considering he’s widely accepted as the most accomplished surfer of all time.
Just Over 4 mil is the figure i kept seeing when taking about his career earnings/ net worth.
I did see an overall figure of 22 mil including his endorsements etc

I’d like to think so considering he’s widely accepted as the most accomplished surfer of all time.
Just Over 4 mil is the figure i kept seeing when taking about his career earnings/ net worth.
I did see an overall figure of 22 mil including his endorsements etc

He was/is a considerable shareholder in several brands that were/are his sponsors (including in the past giants like GoPro and Quicksilver), who over the years paid him in shares as well as the huge endorsement contracts ... after 25 years as arguably - or probably inarguably - the best and most famous surfer ever, the total figure is way way above 22 million. Just his homes are worth around that, let alone the shareholdings and everything else.

what are people even doing on this website when they argue that every single sport is better than MMA?

Why is a surfer worried about a MMA fighter physique?
Being jacked is a sure fire way to attract pussy and hate from your fellow men.

casually, maybe. biggest surfing star = 2 milion instagram followers. biggest MMA star = 24 million

slater was rpobably jealous of costa's body, since kelly looks like a bum

Sorry bro but kelly at 42 looks in a pretty amazing shape to me.

Greatest athlete in history- a surfer?

dHZ5EK5.gif

Well he is. Clearly qualify as the goat of surfing and has done and achieved more than anyone else in the sport at a professional level. If that is not a good reason for him being on of he best athlete in the history of sport...

I don't remember surfing having a weekly mma show..I don't remember any ppv's for surfing..I don't remember surfing selling out anywhere...fact is, surfing is a fringe sport for beach bums.

Lol. You are missing a lot mate.

ok shape. but far from costa's

Well can’t really compare an mma fighter in his prime with a 42 y o surfer. Actually cannot compare 2 athlete shapes because each one is adapted to his own sport. I mean, roger Federer body might look ridiculous to an mma fans but sure it s pretty good for tennis.

Dude, I didn’t say surfing was easy and it wasn’t skillfull but Im pretty sure I’m not in the minority’s here- there are better athletes around than surfers.

This makes no sense. An athlete is valued for his ability to perform in his own discipline. There is no better athlete from 2 different sport, both are athletes...

Well can’t really compare an mma fighter in his prime with a 42 y o surfer. Actually cannot compare 2 athlete shapes because each one is adapted to his own sport. I mean, roger Federer body might look ridiculous to an mma fans but sure it s pretty good for tennis.
I mean it works, but you won't get any wows from the crowd

Back