6 Year Old Girl Killed in FL Dog Attack

If every pit and every breed/mix that even looks like a pitbull magically transformed into a GSD (same upbringing, owner, etc) there would be significantly less maulings or deaths iyo?

From last year, Rotti's taking it easy apparently.

2017-dog-bite-fatality-chart.gif

I personally don't think the numbers would be much different, every large breed is potentially dangerous. Combine that with zero training, socialization, possible neglect and it spells disaster. Gsd has about 20 lbs on an apbt with a stronger bite force. Same scenario with Rottweilers, even bigger and much stronger.
Pit Bulls have an acute and overwhelming predisposition to violence. Equivocating them to a "large breed" is dangerously ignorant.

Do I need to post the figures, again?

Don't forget dobermans.
It's funny my parents have a doberman, but they didn't crop her ears and 90% of people have no idea shes a doberman. A lot of people say weimaraner lol
9854993726eb1923b9fc422546bd828d--red-doberman-pinscher-doberman-puppies.jpg

funny thing, i was attacked by a weimaraner last year walking in my neighborhood. Bit through my shorts and boxers and drew blood, but nothing serious.

So why aren't they banned then? They are banned in some parts of the world so why wouldn't politicians in America ban them too? Don't these people get sick of hearing about yet another mauling by this breed?
Would it be up to individual states to ban them, is that how it would work in America?

Two things that should be banned over there are ear-cropping and tail-docking, it's mutilation after all.

you forgot circumcision.

Willing to bet the owners are trash or this dog has a history of being forced into dog fighting.

full_27th_april_2012_01_03_31_308819_2587354242954_1227484072_33240569_585682051_n.jpg

-50/10 meme.

Ball of pure muscle that is bred for its endurance in battle, will literally fight to the death unlike nearly every otber dog + more aggressive than most breeds, lol gtfo also stfu

Pit Bulls have an acute and overwhelming predisposition to violence. Equivocating them to a "large breed" is dangerously ignorant.

Do I need to post the figures, again?

You are right, real pits probably don't qualify as a large breed.

In all seriousness I'm taking this post as a yes to my question if all 6 million "pits" and million+ mixes and other breeds that fit the type were replaced by a GSD that you think it would be much less. Dogs that have been breed to be police/military attack and guard dogs I'm sure are not predispositioned for violence at all.

Are they much different from the graph I provided from last year? Pretty lopsided for "Pitbull type". Do "the figures" actually confirm the real breed or just any breed/mutt with a stout head and slightly shorted muzzle. I'm not saying pits aren't potentially very dangerous, more so than most if determined. I would be curious to see how many fatalities and bites are by the actual apbt. A 35-55ish lb dog of lean muscle and standing 18-20" high.

Pitbulls aren't mean they just like the taste of small children.

ZEF:HZ$*:$*(&YGF:pZ(%73te97ygtp775es5pe795ge5gyh5uya7lo5gea75g7gae57th59s7g5g7agtbrp7trey8vgsrgtgp58atg;y57gs7bte[59psgo4765gyo85oy5gos4585agstrhgrdthuhbogjshtuhg;uhsrtgldghtluihbiuyhgdtlithg

Willing to bet the owners are trash or this dog has a history of being forced into dog fighting.

full_27th_april_2012_01_03_31_308819_2587354242954_1227484072_33240569_585682051_n.jpg

Just breed them smaller. Change them. It's not killing them, and hell, they still get to breed. Change them to suit our needs like we always have.

1)dog fighting creates killer dogs
2)pit rescues try to home these dogs irresponsibly(at times) this leads to "family" dogs that are just killers in waiting.
3) if you raise a dog from a pup correctly, it doesnt matter what breed it is, it wont bite you
4) Banning a dog breed is just as moronic as banning one specific type of rifle(AK47s are BAD!). If you are scared of dogs stay away from them.

I would support laws that punish dog owners for there actions in most situations. I absolutely advocate for anyone involved with dogfighting to spend a lifetime in prison. It does nothing but endanger our society for the entertainment of heartless criminals.

Its not the breed, its how they are raised. If you cant understand that you are an idiot. And statistics are pointless because they will always be skewed by the idiots involed with dogfighting and the by products that come from that environment.
Millions of pitbulls dont harm anyone.

You are right, real pits probably don't qualify as a large breed.

In all seriousness I'm taking this post as a yes to my question if all 6 million "pits" and million+ mixes and other breeds that fit the type were replaced by a GSD that you think it would be much less. Dogs that have been breed to be police/military attack and guard dogs I'm sure are not predispositioned for violence at all.

Are they much different from the graph I provided from last year? Pretty lopsided for "Pitbull type". Do "the figures" actually confirm the real breed or just any breed/mutt with a stout head and slightly shorted muzzle. I'm not saying pits aren't potentially very dangerous, more so than most if determined. I would be curious to see how many fatalities and bites are by the actual apbt. A 35-55ish lb dog of lean muscle and standing 18-20" high.
I'm can't recall anyone ever pointing out that "guard line" breeds were not appropriate for family ownership, but for specific tasks and handlers, so I don't require this.

I have pointed out that Pitbulls cannot be equated to any other breed, no matter how creative you try to get with semantics, classifications, or groupings, and how the statistics are overwhelmingly clear on this. It's time for that breed to be banned from people who don't have special licensing.

On a very random note:

We visited a zoo the other day and saw, a corpulent family of three with more tattoos than a MS-13 member sitting on a bench with a pit bull. My prejudice alarm went off like a missile from Gaza. If they can't take care of themselves properly, they probably don't take care of their dog either. So I began to look around for a stick or something similar to use as a defensive measure if the dog would get loose.

I don't think I would feel the same if I saw them with a golden retriever.

I never actually claimed you did. Im just pointing out the fact that you only seem to be care when it's a pit bull

Im confused. Do you agree that inbreeding is an issue or are you saying it's an excuse in a sarcastic douchey "YOUR AN APOLOGIST HAR HAR" kind of way?

Did i even say they were not dangerous?

But you do understand another breed WILL pop up yea? Would you rather attack this at the source or continue banning breeds so that the problem persists? Also good like establishing a single breed in that mutated mess. Im sure you will have lots of fun classifying those things.

Oh really? How so?
You are conflating issues.

I have sympathy for any human death via dog but that is not what I am addressing here.

This topic is specific to WHY and HOW Pitbulls attack and not the attack itself.

People spent decades selectively breeding PtiBulls for one purpose and that is to be an efficient killer that can tune out all personal injury to get a kill. They do not just fight to establish space or show dominance as most other dog breeds do. Nope once they decide to fight its to kill and with devastating results.

Most other dog breed attacks are to establish space or for dominance and they typically will stop once that is established with far fewer cases being fatal.

That distinction matters.

And while you can certainly try to counter that selective breeding nature with great nurturing and most Pits do not end up being human killers the failure rate for those that do resort to the nature is too high to justify keeping them as a family pet with the tears after saying 'but we don't know how our gentle dog failed that way', and other pitbull owners pointing fingers saying 'must be bad owners'.

NO. You can be the best pitbull owner and yet still have a devastating failure. A certain percent will just fail and resort to that nature despite the nurturing. That percent is too high.

I just love dogs they're so wonderful

Treading in dog poop everywhere

Everyday I get a near heart attack when a dog barks at me for passing by their masters house..

I wouldn't have any dog that ever showed aggression towards me or my family. I had a lab once that growled at me when I walked by his food bowl. 00 buckshot to the head gave him his attitude adjustment swiftly.

I will point this out again for illustrative purposes only. Not to suggest the animals are the same or the threat equal.

Humans can and have live with domesticated wild animals. Even animals such as wolves and Bears. There have been cases where it has worked. But there are also lots of cases where that prior friendly animal resorts to its base nature with devastating results for the human care giver. A large percentage of these just fail and most people outside the caregivers are not surprised.

And while the failure rate, despite loving nurturing is higher for wild animals as opposed to domesticated animals (which also fail) so too is the PitBull failure rate, despite loving nurturing, much higher than other 'family' dog rates.

So the question is should society be forced to gamble with that failure rate. Should a family's child be put in that situation because the parents accept the gamble?

I say NO. The failure is distinct enough from other family breeds that this dog should be prohibited from being a family dog and even a city dog unless the owner, handler has specific certification. You live out in the country and your dog is not exposed to others and you keep it is a 'farm dog' and not a family pet around kids and I am fine with that. I grew up in the country and many families reared that top of dog that strangers were not to interact with and even the family did not hug up like it was a lap dog. It was a working dog and treated as such.

I have no hate for Pit's. Every one I have met I have liked (I love all dogs) and have played with. I love a big hardy dog who I can rough house with and I am great at ready dog body language. Pit's are not great dogs for the average owner.

I would be okay if this were the line Pit Owners used, instead of the whole "MMYYYY Pit is Perfect, an Angel who would never hurt anyone" "Bad owners fault, even a Lab bites once in a while" "That's not a TRUE pit, it's clearly 18% something else".

Fuckit, they like the way people taste. Lol.
We used to have Bull Terriers.
featured-bull-terrier-2.png

My mom never ever left us alone as kids with them, and they're more even tempered than pit bulls. We always had big dogs and that was the rule.

Pet sitting a friend's dog, so not even one they know and know isn't violent.

If it was a case of leaving their 6 year old alone around a dog they don't know at all, I wouldn't be opposed to some negligent homicide charges tbh. Kinda like cases where a 6 year old gets their hands on their parents unsecured but loaded revolver and tragedy strikes

I wouldn't have any dog that ever showed aggression towards me or my family. I had a lab once that growled at me when I walked by his food bowl. 00 buckshot to the head gave him his attitude adjustment swiftly.
You killed a dog for growling at you?

So much misinformation and ignorance in this thread

You killed a dog for growling at you?
Hell yes. I take no chances. Would it be ok if it had been a pit instead? However, I will say that was in my younger days. I've mellowed a bit since then.

Ask yourself if you honestly believe the incident would’ve occurred regardless of the owner. People need to start realizing stupid people have no idea how patterns work or how to make inferences from suspected patterns. They see something bad and have to make conclusions, even though they’re not qualified to make conclusions about when to even tie their shoes.

People also need to realize there is a pattern of stupid people deciding to own pit bulls. Smh.

Just like people complain there are to many dumb people with guns, and want to outlaw them

If every pit and every breed/mix that even looks like a pitbull magically transformed into a GSD (same upbringing, owner, etc) there would be significantly less maulings or deaths iyo?

From last year, Rotti's taking it easy apparently.

2017-dog-bite-fatality-chart.gif

I personally don't think the numbers would be much different, every large breed is potentially dangerous. Combine that with zero training, socialization, possible neglect and it spells disaster. Gsd has about 20 lbs on an apbt with a stronger bite force. Same scenario with Rottweilers, even bigger and much stronger.

I loved my Rotti. We had to put her down a few years back. We got her from a breeder who's specialty was show dogs. I couldn't believe how well behaved she was. You could lay a cooked steak on the ground and she wouldn't even go up to it unless you snapped your fingers.

She only ever barked at one person too and it turned out that person was a drug addict piece of shit.

<DCrying>

I miss her.

Back