BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Reboot

BECAUSE THAT IS THE STORY THEY WANT TO TELL.
It has nothing to do with who is "the best". "The best" is not easily quantifiable when talking art and acting.
They want to tell a story through the eyes of a girl that isn't white.
Lol what is so damn nefarious about that?

How many TV shows have a black, female lead?
The question shouldn't be Why, it should be why not?
What is the big deal?

Ok. If you can't see why they're doing it this way then I don't know what to tell ya, bud.

And btw I have no objection to a black lead. The original series had 2 black slayers. Not a big deal. But if you can't see the reason WHY they are making Buffy black now then I really don't know what to tell ya.

YEAH - we need the good ole days when only WHITE PEOPLE where on TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out this mug you can buy on Etsy. It's all about white people, so I assume you want one.

abb.jpg
Butthurt?

Is that.........is that your WHOLE reply? I don't usually laugh at retards but you need to get your fat ass back to the OT where I heard there is a football. There's a football in there. Go catch it! Go on! RUN!
This is the internet. I could replay "derp derp" and that would be adequate. Or I could reference some studies that identify the source of your hidden rage and inferiority complex which lead to a desperate attempt to make the world conform to your views, or spend the next 2 hours proving you're a racist.

Or I could just state the obvious; you are a fragile egomaniac who can't understand why the world is leaving you behind. The answer is course very obvious, you're a nobody. lol

Also: derp derp and:

giphy.gif

this

Has anybody ever met a black chick named Buffy? Shit doesn't even make sense.

The name Buffy was part of the original joke. It was about the contradiction that the name "Buffy" represents as opposed to what she does. "Buffy" makes people think of tennis clubs, rich parents, and cheerleading type of shit. Then you add "vampire slayer" to it and THAT was the whole premise! That dichotomy!
Lol I love that in a show that is about a teenage girl with super strength that kills vampires, the MOST unbelievable thing for you is that a black girl could be named 'Buffy'.

You know Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter name is Blue Ivy? Kanye named his kid 'North'. You know that black people aren't one hive mind? We are a lot more diverse than you think.
You are mixing up race with social class

If she's hot and willing to get down and dirty with Spike and Angel, I think a black girl could work well in this role.

Just hope they will keep the SJW stuff at the level it was at in the original show - it made its point but it wasn't jarring and everything was done with a sense of humour.

FYI CRETANS:

BUFFY IS NICKNAME USUALLY ATTRIBUTED TO WOMEN NAMED ELIZABETH.

It is based on how some children struggle to pronounce the final syllable of Elizabeth dipshits. LOL

Whedon trying hard to regain his woke cred after being exposed as a sleaze by his ex-wife.

He's so pissed lol
How am I pissed if I'm the one getting the Black Buffy? LOL LOL

This is the pinnacle of TV achievements. What's left after this?

All you get is Twilight movies and Lifetime TV.

I agree with you 100% on the above but want to pose a different question.

Even if it is pandering to a specific audience does that matter?

cleopatra-preview-600x350.jpg

The above is a 1963, to which Hollywood took ethnic characters and replaced them out with white ones to pander to its mostly white viewing audience (nothing wrong with that)

I could probably post 25X times the examples of this happening than what we see now with a few white characters being replaced for ethnics or women as the viewing audience changes.

PROBABLY 25X.

And yet no audience group cries more about than the group we see here on sherdog crying about it. They are far worse and more teary, demanding their safe space where this is no longer done any more, than any SJW. They seem to believe pandering is ok only if they are pandered too and they get very angry, and suddenly it must end because others are now being pandered to.

There is nothing wrong with Hollywood pandering. It means they are looking out at the changing face of the audience and changing their material to reflect that and to market to that.

Cleopatra was a caucasian woman of Greek descent - from a dynasty set up to rule Egypt by one of Alexander the Great's generals. It is perfectly reasonable to cast someone who looks like Liz Taylor in that role. Had to correct a college professor on that score once and now the turn has come to sherdog.

Cleopatra was a caucasian woman of Greek descent - from a dynasty set up to rule Egypt by one of Alexander the Great's generals. It is perfectly reasonable to cast someone who looks like Liz Taylor in that role. Had to correct a college professor on that score once and now the turn has come to sherdog.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Nope.

Lol I love that in a show that is about a teenage girl with super strength that kills vampires, the MOST unbelievable thing for you is that a black girl could be named 'Buffy'.

You know Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter name is Blue Ivy? Kanye named his kid 'North'. You know that black people aren't one hive mind? We are a lot more diverse than you think.
You are mixing up race with social class

And you don't understand the contradiction that was the original joke in BUFFY the VAMPIRE SLAYER. It went over your head. But if you think about it....I'm confident you'll start to eventually understand.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Nope.

Erh, yes:

"While Cleopatra was born in Egypt, she traced her family origins to Macedonian Greece and Ptolemy I Soter, one of Alexander the Great’s generals. Ptolemy took the reigns of Egypt after Alexander’s death in 323 B.C., and he launched a dynasty of Greek-speaking rulers that lasted for nearly three centuries. Despite not being ethnically Egyptian, Cleopatra embraced many of her country’s ancient customs and was the first member of the Ptolemaic line to learn the Egyptian language."

https://www.history.com/news/10-little-known-facts-about-cleopatra

Google it yourself if you wanna, you can find plenty of links explaining her ancestry. I actually read a few books about the Greek Egyptian Kingdom back in the day.

Ok. If you can't see why they're doing it this way then I don't know what to tell ya, bud.

And btw I have no objection to a black lead. The original series had 2 black slayers. Not a big deal. But if you can't see the reason WHY they are making Buffy black now then I really don't know what to tell ya.
Why? Because they WANT TO. It is you, and these other people in this thread that are incapable of accepting this simple truth.

I am a TV producer. I have an idea to reboot Buffy, but, I want to tell this story in a different way. I want her to be a young black girl living in a different part of LA.
THAT IS THE STORY.

You guys keep going back to useless crap that doesn't matter. I am not looking for the best actor to play Buffy. I am looking for the best actor that matches the story i have in mind for this character. I am not going to cast Tom Cruise to play a role i have in mind for Dwyane Johnson, despite Cruise being the better actor.

Buffy, 007, Indiana Jones, there's nothing inherently white about any of these characters

How am I pissed if I'm the one getting the Black Buffy? LOL LOL

This is the pinnacle of TV achievements. What's left after this?

All you get is Twilight movies and Lifetime TV.
I assume you are black by your comments.

So when you saw the comments, instead of trying to understand the whole point, you immediately got triggered by the race thing.

Stay triggered

And you don't understand the contradiction that was the original joke in BUFFY the VAMPIRE SLAYER. It went over your head. But if you think about it....I'm confident you'll start to eventually understand.
Yes, deep, deep joke that totally went over my head.
<YeahOKJen>

Erh, yes:

"While Cleopatra was born in Egypt, she traced her family origins to Macedonian Greece and Ptolemy I Soter, one of Alexander the Great’s generals. Ptolemy took the reigns of Egypt after Alexander’s death in 323 B.C., and he launched a dynasty of Greek-speaking rulers that lasted for nearly three centuries. Despite not being ethnically Egyptian, Cleopatra embraced many of her country’s ancient customs and was the first member of the Ptolemaic line to learn the Egyptian language."

https://www.history.com/news/10-little-known-facts-about-cleopatra

Google it yourself if you wanna, you can find plenty of links explaining her ancestry. I actually read a few books about the Greek Egyptian Kingdom back in the day.
That's not a vetted source of facts. It's the website for a television network. lol

Back