White guy murdered for defending black friend against racist

Holy shit, that is one heavily loaded article.

Here is a different one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...his-friend-police-say/?utm_term=.9d9973c1e6ec

The racist guy is obviously a piece of shit. But He was already kicked out of the bar and in a truck. The person who was shot KNEW the person had a gun, and STILL went outside to confront him. It does not get much more stupid as shit than that.

He was not killed defending his friend from a racist attack. He was killed, confronting someone with a gun, after a racist slur was said by a drunk racist, who was then kicked out of a bar.

How about call the cops for unlawful discharge of a firearm, then try to throw in the racial slur context, and get them to add a hate crime charge. Easy enough.
thanks for this.

let’s also not make sweeping calls on anecdotes. No, this isnt a one time thing, even if it were as bad as the op’s post. Thats a fairly large country down there. You got people who think they are unicorns, ffs, yes, there will be racists, with or without Trump. If it starts showing up statistically that there are far more white on black attacks, then there might be something to that, but even then you must look for other factors.

The article seems to be a bit misleading, but it is a sad situation nonetheless. You have to be careful when out late at night and dealing with absolute trash, you never know who the unstable moron is. But if somebody is using racial slurs, you probably found the unstable moron.

As for Trump, not sure how he comes into play here. This kind of thing has always happened. I don't know much about the statistics, except I remember reading that anti-Muslim hate crimes have increased in recent years. Here's one source, but I remember seeing several.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/15/assaults-against-muslims-in-u-s-surpass-2001-level/?amp=1

I think it's obviously disingenuous to say Trump has no effect whatsoever on racists feeling more comfortable. Everyone should be able to admit that much, we shouldn't overstate it either. He is not the cause of racism, he's just an asshole that seems to make racists feel more comfortable. There have been several racist caught in tape shouting at minorities and actually using Trump's name as some sort of battle cry. Lol. Or directly quoting Trump. Crazy. It's insane that a racist would believe so strongly that Trump is also a racist that he (or she) use Trump as part of his racist rant. I'm not sure how we could pretend that's not noteworthy.
good post.
i dont think he is racist, btw, but is by reputation (probably mostly due to MSM). regardless, he is the closest thing real racists have had to ‘believe in’, i guess.

thanks for this.

let’s also not make sweeping calls on anecdotes. No, this isnt a one time thing, even if it were as bad as the op’s post. Thats a fairly large country down there. You got people who think they are unicorns, ffs, yes, there will be racists, with or without Trump. If it starts showing up statistically that there are far more white on black attacks, then there might be something to that, but even then you must look for other factors.

If you're looking for a Trump effect, you'd probably be better off looking at White vs Hispanic, and White vs Muslim. Trump has said rude things about the black community, but I think most of the animosity that has been encouraged by his Presidency is against those other communities.

The article seems to be a bit misleading, but it is a sad situation nonetheless. You have to be careful when out late at night and dealing with absolute trash, you never know who the unstable moron is. But if somebody is using racial slurs, you probably found the unstable moron.

As for Trump, not sure how he comes into play here. This kind of thing has always happened. I don't know much about the statistics, except I remember reading that anti-Muslim hate crimes have increased in recent years. Here's one source, but I remember seeing several.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/11/15/assaults-against-muslims-in-u-s-surpass-2001-level/?amp=1

I think it's obviously disingenuous to say Trump has no effect whatsoever on racists feeling more comfortable. Everyone should be able to admit that much, we shouldn't overstate it either. He is not the cause of racism, he's just an asshole that seems to make racists feel more comfortable. There have been several racist caught in tape shouting at minorities and actually using Trump's name as some sort of battle cry. Lol. Or directly quoting Trump. Crazy. It's insane that a racist would believe so strongly that Trump is also a racist that he (or she) use Trump as part of his racist rant. I'm not sure how we could pretend that's not noteworthy.

My only addition would be that Trump emboldens racists, AS WELL AS people on the left. But I do see that you agree that it is all being blown out of proportion.

The only two events that has gotten any publicity in my area recently is someone being verbally attacked and kicked out of the cheese cake factory for wearing a MAGA hat. The guy was black by the way. And someone walking into a Trump golf course and firing shots. There are unstable people on both sides, and I would also had that the media and its hysteria is also emboldening people. But this is a liberal area.

I would also agree it is wrong to blame Obama for any sort of bad race relations. Trump, yea, I would agree he has marginal factor, but that is more telling of the trigger happy people on both the right and the left, who just been wanting an excuse. But over all, it is just being recorded more and sensationalized via social media. Moreover, there is currently a witch hunt culture to any politicize any potentially news worthy incident (which is exactly what article in the OP did).

Just like the guy in Texas and the MAGA hat, the guy has a long history of bullshit, way before Trump was president.

It's actually crazy how badly Obama fucked up race relations in America. None of this shit was an issue when Bush was president.

Yeah, Obama went full on SJW/HuffPo and it stuck. His job was to bring us together and he decided to pry us apart. Sadly, the people hurt the most are going to be poor blacks. I wish people could see through the bullshit and accept logic and reality.

My only addition would be that Trump emboldens racists, AS WELL AS people on the left. But I do see that you agree that it is all being blown out of proportion.

The only two events that has gotten any publicity in my area recently is someone being verbally attacked and kicked out of the cheese cake factory for wearing a MAGA hat. The guy was black by the way. And someone walking into a Trump golf course and firing shots. There are unstable people on both sides, and I would also had that the media and its hysteria is also emboldening people. But this is a liberal area.

Those are not racism issues, those are political issues. That's what you get when each half of our country seems genuinely content with thinking the other half of the country is anti-American, and all the same. That's not a one-sided political issue, both sides are equally guilty of that right now, it's insane.

Edit: I see what you're saying, you are saying Trump has emboldened psycho leftists. That's accurate. They seem to believe they have a moral high ground on which to act crazy.

I would also agree it is wrong to blame Obama for any sort of bad race relations. Trump, yea, I would agree he has marginal factor, but that is more telling of the trigger happy people on both the right and the left, who just been wanting an excuse. But over all, it is just being recorded more and sensationalized via social media. Moreover, there is currently a witch hunt culture to any politicize any potentially news worthy incident (which is exactly what article in the OP did).

Just like the guy in Texas and the MAGA hat, the guy has a long history of bullshit, way before Trump was president.

Yeah, Trump did not create racists. That line of reasoning is silly to me, there's no way he made somebody who was not racist become a racist (at least not very many). All he's done is give them an outlet to believe their racism is somewhat mainstream. Four videos come to mind immediately of people shouting down minorities and using Trump as part of their rant. Those people were already fucked in the head before Trump was elected, but it's shocking that anybody would use our President as part of a racist rant, let alone enough people to actually put together a youtube playlist of people doing it.

Where is the debate value in these kind of threads?
Is there really a pro and a con to argue?

It's actually crazy how badly Obama fucked up race relations in America. None of this shit was an issue when Bush was president.

What specifically did Obama do to hurt race relations?

None of what shit was an issue when Bush was President?

I think under reporting is far more likely than over reporting or even fraudulent/hoax incidents. I think police are human and lazy just like everyone else and the extra work required to elevate an incident to a hate crime is going to dissuade more individuals from pursing hate crimes vs regular crimes.

There is also the issue in proving intent. Blacks target whites for crimes because of their race and whites target blacks for crimes because of their race, but unless they are shouting the racial slurs and there's a witness to it, it wouldn't be deemed a hate crime.
Sure it could. You either didn't read or didn't understand the Wiki passage I quoted above.

You spray paint "n****r" on a black dude's truck, and that gets reported as a hate crime. No witnesses needed.

One without anything worth debating.
Whats the political angle?

The issue I have with that statement is that we regularly get threads about a Muslims committing a crime, a Hispanic, a black person, etc. Why is it suddenly not threadworthy, with nothing to debate, when it is a white guy?

I tried for a while to point out how the threads about random crimes were not threadworthy, but I made no progress there. I kinda realized that people were just picking and choosing what they thought would be threadworthy based on who the perpetrator was.

What specifically did Obama do to hurt race relations?

None of what shit was an issue when Bush was President?
His response to stuff like Ahmed and the fact Loretta Lynch's DoJ literally redacted the call in their report on the Orlando shooting that included reference to ISIL to present Omar Mateen as a "homegrown terrorist" who was potentially only anti-gay, and not inspired by the radical Islamic vision for the world.

*Edit*
Yes, that's religion, but you marry that to the how race was brought into the "bigotry" against Ahmed. The left was conflating race with religion. That was precisely part of the problem.

Meanwhile, yes, the response to #BLM was absurd. The stuff about "Trayvon could have been my son" was just ridiculous once we found out how Trayvon behaved. He shouldn't have been so careless to pander. You don't have to find a good guy (or pure victim) in something like that before all the facts are in.

Sure it could. You either didn't read or didn't understand the Wiki passage I quoted above.

You spray paint "n****r" on a black dude's truck, and that gets reported as a hate crime. No witnesses needed.

Well... that's an obvious hate crime if a racial slur was involved in vandalism incident.

Whereas an act of violence would be much trickier to prove either way without an expressed intent by the offender.

His response to stuff like Ahmed and the fact Loretta Lynch's DoJ literally redacted the call in their report on the Orlando shooting that included reference to ISIL to present Omar Mateen as a "homegrown terrorist" who was potentially only anti-gay, and not inspired by the radical Islamic vision for the world.

I don't think Obama was racist because he was nice to the clock boy.

I don't think taking efforts to reduce the propaganda impact by our mortal enemies is an act of racism.

The issue I have with that statement is that we regularly get threads about a Muslims committing a crime, a Hispanic, a black, etc. Why is it suddenly not threadworthy, with nothing to debate, because it is a white guy?
Lol, strawmen abound.
Should we start posting threads for every time a white person gets beaten or killed by blacks?
You would need a seperate sub-forum for it due to the sheer frequency.
Would that be race baiting?
I bet you would think so.

Over his 8 years, those are the things that flipped the entire country's race relations upside down? His handling of a child, and Loretta Lynch's "homegrown terrorist" report?

I don't buy that at all. Those two things rubbed some people the wrong way, but if you look at 8 full years of him being President and those are the best examples of him destroying race relations, I think we're holding him to an incredibly high standard that just doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Now, I will say that I like that standard. Presidents should be held to a high standard. But hearing somebody blame Obama for race relations, while saying Trump is "cleaning up his mess" or whatever, is like a comedy sketch to me.

Back