Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

In this case, there really isn’t a need to charge her since he was never charged with anything.
I would not say 'success' should be the only factor in charging her. Intent can certainly be enough and he did certainly suffer considerable reputational damage.

Last edited:
Whaaa? Are you joking or what's going on here? Hardwick has never done any of that as far as I've heard. If you have information to the contrary please link it.
Admins can say whatever they want apparently.

Admins can say whatever they want apparently.
Petey is normally a pretty reasonable dude. Interesting to see what his response will be. Genuinely confused if it was a joke I didn't get, or if he's heard things about Hardwick that i haven't.

#dueprocess #fuckmetoo
200.gif

Whaaa? Are you joking or what's going on here? Hardwick has never done any of that as far as I've heard. If you have information to the contrary please link it.

I don’t want to get into specifics.

he fucked me

I said it before and i’ll say it again. After so many years of men preying on women in the workplace, we shouldn’t be surprised when the pendulum swings too far the other way, as it has - men being assumed predators after one accusation. But this is going to be the moment where things start to calm down, people start to come to their senses, and we reach a new equilibrium; hopefully one at which men are not able to freely harass women in the workplace.

So now what happens to the chick who made false allegations? Nothing, right...

Why would anything happen to her? All she did was post a blog ranting about an ex she didn't even mention by name. Even if it's all lies, we can't start criminalizing free speech.

Why would anything happen to her? All she did was post a blog ranting about an ex she didn't even mention by name. Even if it's all lies, we can't start criminalizing free speech.

The fact she didn't name him should have been all anyone needed to know she was full of shit. I just hope no one hires her going forward although as far as I can tell she's basically a cam girl at this point so someone will be paying to see those tits and that pussy one way or another.

I think this is the right decision and I'm happy for Chris. Hopefully he gets everything back and then some. As far as criminal penalties against Chloe, I understand the sentiment, but it would still be inappropriate in this case. Even a civil suit could be complicated since she never named him, just heavily implied that it was him. A bitch move, but it's probably best for all involved to just move on from this...

We're just in a weird place right now. You can slander the shit out of someone in a very real way while keeping plausible deniability. Honestly as a society were not even close to learning how to deal with the sweeping changes the internet has brought to communication.

^This.

There really needs to be some some of punishment for false accusations like this or there really is no downside for the women who are scorned who make them.

Heck in the Ghomeshi case when he was exonerated by the judge who lectured the 3 women about their inconsistencies there was a cry of 'shame' from a very vocal left that the courts 'put the accusing women on trial' instead of just believing them. Many think that is the problem that accusing women have to be able to substantiate their claims and there is a movement to just '#believethem'.

Although Dykstra is a fucked up person - the thing is, she didn't actually name him. So she can't be held liable.

Back