Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

You know what word I hate? The word cunt.

Good for Chris. Fuck that stupid cunt.....

It just seems odd that you’d say that the pendulum is swinging too far back the other way if this “overcorrection” wasn’t actually in retaliation to a real problem to begin with. Isn’t that the very definition of a witch hunt? This whole #metoo thing just seems to me as though it’s just a reactionary movement that happens to be seated at the nexus of some angry feminism that’s been there for a long time on the back burner, the political polarization of the US in the sense that the people driving this movement are liberals who are getting more liberal, anger directed specifically at President Trump (boorish comments like “grab me by the pussy” being the rallying cry and key to the movement’s timing), and a few powderkeg events, starting with Harvey Weinstein’s disgusting behavior. It seems less like a pendulum swinging back and more like a bubble that has formed in a society that’s increasingly angry.

So you’re saying there was no problem, with how women were treated in general, or in Hollywood, Silicon Valley, etc?

Apparently Kathy Griffin has a big problem with Hardwick getting his job back. I can’t believe anyone would think that a guy, who was accused of being a shitty boyfriend at worst, should be fired from their job. Especially when you consider that all of Hardwick’s exes have come to his defense and said Dykstra’s characterization of him is untrue. Fuck that bitch.

i think we know who the next new host on The View will be. i wonder how long before ms. dykstra makes her debut

I am no lawyer but does the heavy implication mean nothing when it is public knowledge that is who she was with for the period of time she was discussing? Especially when it was him who received damages as a result of the accusations.
Well, let me put it like this. At the very least, it would make it harder to get a judgment or a settlement in a prospective libel lawsuit. I think at this point, the easiest thing for all parties involved is to move on. He got his job back. I think most people don't think he's an abuser or a sexual predator. She hurt him but he bounced back.

It just seems odd that you’d say that the pendulum is swinging too far back the other way if this “overcorrection” wasn’t actually in retaliation to a real problem to begin with. Isn’t that the very definition of a witch hunt? This whole #metoo thing just seems to me as though it’s just a reactionary movement that happens to be seated at the nexus of some angry feminism that’s been there for a long time on the back burner, the political polarization of the US in the sense that the people driving this movement are liberals who are getting more liberal, anger directed specifically at President Trump (boorish comments like “grab me by the pussy” being the rallying cry and key to the movement’s timing), and a few powderkeg events, starting with Harvey Weinstein’s disgusting behavior. It seems less like a pendulum swinging back and more like a bubble that has formed in a society that’s increasingly angry.
Leftists not liberals, and they're becoming more illiberal not more liberal. This is why true liberals are being pushed out of the left. Traditionally, liberals cared MORE about due process, the rights of the accused, free speech, these are core liberal values. The authoritarian leftists who want to dismantle these rights are actually the enemy of liberalism.

Apparently Kathy Griffin has a big problem with Hardwick getting his job back. I can’t believe anyone would think that a guy, who was accused of being a shitty boyfriend at worst, should be fired from their job. Especially when you consider that all of Hardwick’s exes have come to his defense and said Dykstra’s characterization of him is untrue. Fuck that bitch.
Not surprised. That ginger cow has always been a total cunt.

Leftists not liberals, and they're becoming more illiberal not more liberal. This is why true liberals are being pushed out of the left. Traditionally, liberals cared MORE about due process, the rights of the accused, free speech, these are core liberal values. The authoritarian leftists who want to dismantle these rights are actually the enemy of liberalism.

The exact same could be said about the right, except it would be verifiable and true. Who did the Democrats run in 2016? Hilary Clinton. A centrist. Who did the Republicans run? Trump. An alt right dildo, who won the election.

I think the extreme left is getting more extreme. But I don’t think there are more of them. The extreme right is becoming more extreme as well, but more people are also moving from right wing to alt right or extreme right.

To add to what I say above cases like Hardwicks ex girlfriend and the much worse Ghomeshi Case where he was wrongly accused by 3 women are only proving to harden the resolve of the #MeToo movement and the people pushing that agenda. The movement is pushing a '#justbelieve' part of the movement whose purpose is to push a narrative that these women should not be forced to defend the accusations or asked to provide evidence as that is just a secondary abuse and instead we should just #believethem or #justbelieve.

this is not a harmless push as we have seen the Canadian Liberal gov't immediately try to satisfy these groups by looking to create new law making it much harder for an accused to put up defense using things like Texts or emails which can directly counter testimony the accusing woman may put out in open court which may affect her credibility when contrasted with what she may have wrote in the hours, days, weeks and months following the alleged assaults.

Often times credibility is the only defining factor in a he said/she said case where little physical evidence exists and the gov't is trying to ensure accusing women are not caught up in credibility traps by their own lies to ensure more convictions. It is scary.
I really feel like I’m becoming more disconnected by the day. Sherdog (and one other forum I visit) are the closest thing to social media that I fool with, so I’m able to avoid most of the nonsense. Even then, the tidbits of nonsense that manage to reach me really drive home how fucking doomed we are as a species. Everyone (myself included) thought it would be nuclear war that did it. As it happens, it will be men willingly becoming geldings as a form of progress.

Now we know why the AMC investigation wrapped up so quick: the accuser just walked away after throwing a dead cat on the table.

She's pretty smart for still not naming any names though. Plausible deniability from possible libel lawsuits.

Chloe Dykstra Explained Why She Didn’t Participate In AMC’s Investigation Into Chris Hardwick
By Ryan Nagelhout | 07.26.18

Actress Chloe Dykstra spoke out on Twitter Thursday night, clarifying why she didn’t take part in an investigation into abuse allegations against The Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick.

In June, Dykstra wrote a Medium post describing emotional abuse from an anonymous ex-boyfriend, though the allegations were quickly tied to Hardwick. The subsequent fallout of that post was that Hardwick was fully removed from the Nerdest properties he founded and fired from his duties as The Talking Dead host, the talk show that airs after new episodes of The Walking Dead.

Earlier this week, AMC reinstated Hardwick as the show’s host after an investigation into the allegations and despite naming a replacement for him earlier in the month. Yvette Nicole Brown had even replaced Hardwick at the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panels earlier in the month.

On Thursday, Dykstra posted on Twitter a message that shed some light on that investigation. Though she didn’t mention AMC by name, she explained that she didn’t cooperate with an investigation because she doesn’t believe in “an eye for an eye,” and her initial post was simply a way to “move on” from that period in her life.

“I had been adamant since I came forward with my essay that I never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about,” Dykstra wrote. “I could have provided more details, but chose not to. I have said what I wanted to say on the matter, and I wish to move on with my life. For that reason, I chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, and therefore I have only shared my evidence with those who I felt should see it.”

Dykstra refused to use Hardwick’s name in the statement but claimed she wanted to talk to him about the incidents, but things only got worse for her when she tried to communicate through text message.

“I wish I had been able to have had a private conversation with the person I spoke about in my essay,” she wrote. “Reaching out to him over text made me vulnerable, and ultimately ended up in a tabloid article where said texts were chopped up and spun to discredit me.”

Dykstra said she hoped her statement would help “the hatred, the name-calling” and “death threats” stop and return to a more “productive discourse.” Hardwick hasn’t tweeted since the allegations were made public, though three ex-girlfriends have come forward to deny they were abused by Hardwick. He’s expected to return to the AMC airwaves on August 12, when Fear The Walking Dead has its midseason return.

https://uproxx.com/tv/chloe-dykstra-amc-investigation-chris-hardwick/2/

Last edited:
"she didn't believe in an eye for an eye"? So Chris getting let go from amc and so on was just a by prduct of her moving on

I would say the reality is almost 100% of the opposite of this, whats happened is IMHO that liberalism and economic leftism that typically existed together in the past have become increasingly separated from the 90's onwards. Not that people on the economic left aren't liberial but the traditionally more left wing bodies in politics and the media have all tended to shift to the right economically and depend on social liberialism instead. That's IMHO why we've seen the birth of this very harsh partisan liberialism based on tokenism and scapegoating, basically behaving in the same kind of fashion that social conservatism always has because ultimately the aim is the same, a distraction to look after the wealthy in the status quo.

The giveaway is who is being targeted by whome, obviously the right is being targeted but actually the rising left like Sanders and Corbyn is also clearly being targgted with claims of sexism and general bigotry always by media and politicians who deem themselves in the centre.

Disingenuous af if not outright lying

Moving on from something by retelling the story to the public....
34856945.jpg

Well, I mean, she's kind of a stupid cunt. So, yeah.

It's a confusing AF time for us. A lot of us are calling ourselves centrists now, because leftist has become associated with psychotic trolls the last few years.

It's a confusing AF time for us. A lot of us are calling ourselves centrists now, because leftist has become associated with psychotic trolls the last few years.

Not really the truth is it though? your typical SJW is probably middle class and voted Hilary in the primary's.

The exact same could be said about the right, except it would be verifiable and true. Who did the Democrats run in 2016? Hilary Clinton. A centrist. Who did the Republicans run? Trump. An alt right dildo, who won the election.

I think the extreme left is getting more extreme. But I don’t think there are more of them. The extreme right is becoming more extreme as well, but more people are also moving from right wing to alt right or extreme right.
I'm certainly not a fan of Trump and the new right either. But for what it's worth, they rolled back Obama's insane campus sexual assault policies which helped create this mess in the first place. As usual, the balance between left and right sort of helps protect us from the extremes of both sides.

Disingenuous af if not outright lying

Moving on from something by retelling the story to the public....
34856945.jpg

Not only did she near ruin the career of man over what were lies, but she also tried to make sure he had no forum to address them and defend himself.

Her motives and actions are the opposite of what she says her intent was.

Back