Khabib's old man says no one can help Conor improve wrestling in time for UFC 229

Iaquinta wrestled all during high school and college, he's a far better wrestler than Conor is ever going to be

With a name like yours I wouldn't expect you to be any less delusional though

Wrestling in community college isn't wrestling in college lmao.

Tell me what he does better then since you think he's such a better wrestler then Conor could even possibly be?

Using loaded fallacies like that proves who the delusional one here is.

No, kid.
Stupid is assuming someone will learn something in a year or two and be as good as someone who's been doing it throughout their entire life.

I thought retards like you would learn after Conor "learning boxing" for a year before his Boxing fight with FLoyd and yet he was humiliated by a retired boser.

note: we both know Conor has been learning striking for many years which is actually his strong area in MMA. I just noted a year because this is when he trained specifically for Floyd... same way as now him training specifically for Khabib.

first of all, when you insult someone, it just shows you have many issues going on...and conor managed to go 10 rounds with a guy, who only 2 years earlier destroyed canelo alverez...and last fought only 1 year prior to fighting conor...and conor did go 10 round with floyd, landing more shots on him than any other fighting in the last 10 years...and remember, my small minded buddy...conor isn't wrestling with khabib...if this was a pure grappling match, sure, khabib would win easily...but conor doesn't have to wrestle...all he needs to do is not get taken down and if he does, get up as soon as possible...and conor has been wrestling for years...so there's that...

The only way this would be similar to the floyd fight, is if this was a pure grappling match...but it's not...it's mma...with floyd, it was a pure boxing match...so there's the big difference...and calling me kid...haha....member since 2007, KID!!!!!

Tell me what he does better then since you think he's such a better wrestler then Conor could even possibly be?

When you can neutralize Kevin Lee's takedowns you're a pretty decent wrestler.

And we can agree that he wouldn't get taken down by Nate Diaz.

Yeah, he's more or less inciting something to happen. There was a couple of incidents with fans and Diaz's team after the 2nd fight.

Match wasn't shown over here - watched the Hearts game and we looked flat and brutal in the final 3rd, but that doesn't worry me. If they put 9 men behind the ball after they had a player sent off, any half decent side can do that. Players look a lot fitter though, I thought.
We started the season looking great, but losing Dembele has knocked us off our stride, now not having Ajer or Boyata is causaing us to ship silly goals...

I'd say it's a 50/50 on us going through, coz you never know what your gonna get with us away in Europe...

Great place to find good streams for Celtic(and others) games.
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

first of all, when you insult someone, it just shows you have many issues going on...and conor managed to go 10 rounds with a guy, who only 2 years earlier destroyed canelo alverez...and last fought only 1 year prior to fighting conor...and conor did go 10 round with floyd, landing more shots on him than any other fighting in the last 10 years...and remember, my small minded buddy...conor isn't wrestling with khabib...if this was a pure grappling match, sure, khabib would win easily...but conor doesn't have to wrestle...all he needs to do is not get taken down and if he does, get up as soon as possible...and conor has been wrestling for years...so there's that...

The only way this would be similar to the floyd fight, is if this was a pure grappling match...but it's not...it's mma...with floyd, it was a pure boxing match...so there's the big difference...and calling me kid...haha....member since 2007, KID!!!!!

LOL
the irrelevancy of your argument is ridiculous.
Everyone knows FLoyd carried Conor through 9 rounds so people wouldn't be mad of forking so much money to see Floyd demolish Conor is one or two rounds.
And my point stands.
Conor was done after one round, while Floyd clearly allowed COnor to do whatever he wanted on the first rounds and was NEVER in trouble.

Remember fuckhead. If you want to be such a dumbass to start an argument, then fucking learn to read.
I noted on my very first post that Conor can win if he remains standing.

My point was exclusively stating that he will NOT be on par (or even close to) if he wants to grapple with Khabib.

And if you want to cry over the insults, then don't be a fucking idiot barging in a conversation that had NOTHING to do with you.
So STFU and learn to read before butting in someone else's response. Or at least have the decency to use your brain and think before post such asinine post. Then I might not have call you names you so much deserved.

See below for a side-by-side comparing Nate's best wins (at the time of the fight) to Khabib's.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-13_at_12.36.51_PM.png

Don't forget that Nate also beat #11 Cerrone, but you're specifically asking for top 10 so that's why he's excluded. If you still don't think that Nate has beaten anyone, then you have to also remove MJ as a notable win for Khabib. This means that Khabib's ranking is defined by two decision wins - Edson and RDA. If a fighter's ranking can be supported by two wins, then it's easy to argue that Conor deserves a #1 ranking for his decisive wins over Aldo and Alvarez.

I'll add that you also have to imagine what a fight between Khabib and Diaz would look like if, for some reason, Khabib was unable to secure a take down. He'd be destroyed. You know that, I know that. So seeing as most of Conor's two fights with Nate took place standing, you can't state that Conor's struggle with Nate mean's that he'll lose to Khabib.
Thanks for the numbers.

My point was more about Nate Diaz being a journeyman. Not really about arguing Conor/Khabib.

The other guy thinks Diaz is top 5 material, i'm just proving him that Diaz is a great fighter but a journeyman nonetheless.

As we can see, Diaz's best win is a number 7 ranked Michael Johnson. I skipped Conor since they fought at WW and Conor was ranked as a FW.

Diaz is 19-11 with the best win in his career being over a number 7 ranked Johnson.

That's what a journeyman is@Final Say

Everyone else feels the same. That being said, he can certainly improve.

this picture is the best response for you.
Look at both and you will see Conor almost dead and someone who barely broke a sweat... and that's in training, not going 100% nor with real blows.

Not saying Conor will lose, but it is obvious Khabib is still years ahead of Conor in wrestling/grappling.

Oh man, this is amazing. Thank you for making my day. I now know that a fight can be predicted by how much a fighter sweats. Romero is so sweaty here, Luke must have owned him!

916785142.jpg.0.jpg

Imagine saying him wrestling in college isn't wrestling in college. Okay.

Better takedown defence against bigger guys and high level wrestlers. Just look at the Kevin Lee fight, if memory serves me right Kevin didn't take him down once or if he did it wasn't for long.
Other than the Khabib fight he's never really been put on his back, where as Mendes who's much smaller than Conor was able to take him down on around half of his attempts and he got taken down by Nate Diaz, a guy known for having shitty wrestling.

Not saying Conor is a bad wrestler and his TDD is better than people give him credit for, but yeah thinking he's a better wrestler than Iaquinta is delusional.

Oh man, this is amazing. Thank you for making my day. I now know that a fight can be predicted by how much a fighter sweats. Romero is so sweaty here, Luke must have owned him!

916785142.jpg.0.jpg

Nah.
BUt if someone looks dead and the other guy like he is dead, you can see who had a harder time on training.

But congrats about ignoring everything else I wrote to post your asinine thought of the day.

You's'll do nothing to fix Conor's wrestling now. He's fooked.

<31><{hughesimpress}>

Thanks for the numbers.

My point was more about Nate Diaz being a journeyman. Not really about arguing Conor/Khabib.

The other guy thinks Diaz is top 5 material, i'm just proving him that Diaz is a great fighter but a journeyman nonetheless.

As we can see, Diaz's best win is a number 7 ranked Michael Johnson. I skipped Conor since they fought at WW and Conor was ranked as a FW.

Diaz is 19-11 with the best win in his career being over a number 7 ranked Johnson.

I get your point and not trying to shred your perspective. That said, I've read this entire thread twice and the collective context of your posts can be summarized as follows:

Conor's left hand can't be that dangerous because Nate Diaz, a journeyman, was able to withstand them and soundly defeat him.

So yes, you ended up arguing how good Nate Diaz is or isn't, but it started as an attempt to undermine Conor's capabilities. Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I perceive your position to be. So it really comes down to what you define as a journeyman. You'll have to tell me what that word means to you. To me, Nate is a very good MMA fighter who has spent a lot of his career ranked in the top 10 at LW. Excluding his 2 losses at WW to Rory and DHK, he's 19-9 and has been facing the very best at LW for better part of a decade. Of the people he's lost to, most of them outgrappled him to secure a victory. It's very rare and difficult to consistently get the best of Nate standing up and I can't think of a lot of occasions where he's been outstruck. I have seen the Thompson fight for the record.

So my position here is that Nate is actually a very good, but not excellent MMA fighter, and an exceptional striker. For this reason, he gave Conor the type of trouble that not many other fighters could replicate.

Last edited:
No one can improve Khabib's standup in time for Conor.

Only a referee can protect Conor, that’s why he will be in the cage.”

<TheWire1>

Nah.
BUt if someone looks dead and the other guy like he is dead, you can see who had a harder time on training.

But congrats about ignoring everything else I wrote to post your asinine thought of the day.

Your posting style seems to include a lot of humor. Surely you saw it in my response. We all know that you weren't being serious with the sweat comment since fighters do spar with multiple fresh fighters to push them in the cardio department. If Conor had done five hard rounds with five different fighters, I could walk in the gym and do a hard minute with him and pose for the cameras and Conor would look like he had the harder time in training. Agree? Just encouraging you to back away from nonsensical comments.

Thanks for the numbers.

Nate has spent the majority of his career in the UFC fighting UFC quality opponents, so he didn't get to fill his win column with a bunch of bums, therefor holding up his 19-11 record as some sort of indicator that he's not very good is unfair.

Most of his career he's resided in the top 10 at LW if you discount his young years when he was rising up the rankings, he has also been considered top 5 numerous times in his career in the most stacked division in MMA, so I think journeyman is an extremely harsh judgement.

Diaz Historical rankings (most of his time outside the top 10 has been down to inactivity rather than losing.
http://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Nate+Diaz/23391/

LOL
the irrelevancy of your argument is ridiculous.
Everyone knows FLoyd carried Conor through 9 rounds so people wouldn't be mad of forking so much money to see Floyd demolish Conor is one or two rounds.
And my point stands.
Conor was done after one round, while Floyd clearly allowed COnor to do whatever he wanted on the first rounds and was NEVER in trouble.

Remember fuckhead. If you want to be such a dumbass to start an argument, then fucking learn to read.
I noted on my very first post that Conor can win if he remains standing.

My point was exclusively stating that he will NOT be on par (or even close to) if he wants to grapple with Khabib.

And if you want to cry over the insults, then don't be a fucking idiot barging in a conversation that had NOTHING to do with you.
So STFU and learn to read before butting in someone else's response. Or at least have the decency to use your brain and think before post such asinine post. Then I might not have call you names you so much deserved.
Are you this rude and insulting to people you disagree with in real life, or just on the internet?

I'm willing to bet it's just on the internet. Wonder why that is...

I get your point and not trying to shred your perspective. That said, I've read this entire thread twice and the collective context of your posts can be summarized as follows:

Conor's left hand can't be that dangerous because Nate Diaz, a journeyman, was able to withstand them and soundly defeat him. So yes, you ended up arguing how good Nate Diaz is or isn't, but it started as an attempt to undermine Conor's capabilities.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I perceive your position to be. So it really comes down to what you define as a journeyman. You'll have to tell me what that word means to you. To me, Nate is a very good MMA fighter who has spent a lot of his career ranked in the top 10 at LW. Excluding his 2 losses at WW to Rory and DHK, he's 19-9 and has been facing the very best at LW for better part of a decade. Of the people he's lost to, most of them outgrappled him to secure a victory. It's very rare and difficult to consistently get the best of Nate standing up and I can't think of a lot of occasions where he's been outstruck. I have seen the Thompson fight for the record.

So my position here is that Nate is actually a very good, but not excellent MMA fighter, and an exceptional striker. For this reason, he gave Conor the type of trouble that not many other fighters could replicate.
Beat me to it.

Back