McGregor blocking fighters from getting a cut on his ppvs ....

How is this even an issue?

Conor McGregor could fight on an under-card made up of kangroo boxing and he'll still sell 1.5+ million PPVs.

These fighters don't have to fight on that card, but you know what? They will gladly. Because there is no way they could ever get that many eyes to possibly watch them fight.

people need to understand business. this isn't a 'hand out' world. earn your pay.

Though I suspect overall he'd make more if he was on a card that also had GSP on it, even though he gave up some PPV points to GSP. GSP and McGregor bring in different fans (not too many people seem to be fans of both). If out of say 10 PPV points, McGregor got 5, GSP got 3, and their opponents got 1 each then he'd do better than having a card where he got 8 and his opponent got 2 (if it was just him he'd have to have a high enough level opponent that he'd have to give up at least 2, whereas splitting the card with GSP means both could go against guys whose contracts only give them 1 point).

Same is probably true for a card with Brock on it (people will pay just for old-times sake), or Jones (if he was allowed to fight). And Rousey if she came back (she won't). But not sure its in his financial best interest to want to split the PPV with any other fighter then the very top draws.

What are your feelings on the matter ?

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.

Do I understand it? Yes. Do I respect it? No.

On one hand as a business move, it's understandable . Yet at the same time it does seem a little spiteful to go out of your way to stamp out other fighters who (in their case) would have been receiving life-changing money.
Heh.
And then retard Mcsuckers will try to claim COnor helps MMA fighters get paid more...
Somehow in their (obviously not fully working) brains, it makes sense.

Name one reason other than Conor alone for buying this PPV. That's what I thought. He gets injured or pulled no one gives a fuck about the card.

When you have power you can make power moves. It's the way of the world and it's never going to change.

Heh.
And then retard Mcsuckers will try to claim COnor helps MMA fighters get paid more...
Somehow in their (obviously not fully working) brains, it makes sense.
He literally got Chad, Nate and Alvarez up to 6 figure paydays (Nate got 7 figures in the rematch)

He literally got Chad, Nate and Alvarez up to 6 figure paydays (Nate got 7 figures in the rematch)
3 guys.
And the meaning retards like you try to imply is that it helps with fighter's pay. Not only when they fight him.

Assuming good it's true:

Going out of his way to fuck over other fighters. Business as usual.

Lmao at his defenders saying his increasing personal demands would help other fighters. "Rising tide lifts all boats" my ass.

How about they tell us how he's actually a good guy despite his public persona. That idiocy is always good for a laugh.
He has already made multiple fighters millions more than they would normally get just for fighting on his cards. Now he wants to 'raise his boat' for all the extra promotional work he put in.

how is this a response to anything I said?
I must have been unclear. It's irrelevant though because I'm pretty sure the OP is just made up.
you were talking about how it makes sense for conor to show his actual numbers for negotiating purposes, but really it just takes out of the pockets of the ufc and gives to lower tier fighters. One doesn't effect the other. I can see why it makes sense for the ufc to not want to do it though, they pay someone more based off of conors drawing power. But for conor to push for that is just dumb on his end, ufc pushing for that would actually make sense of a business end

It is always the other guy that is greedy, never us.

Conor doesn't owe any other fighter anything. He built up his name and earning power.

Honestly the UFC could not afford to give multiple people points on a McGregor card without breaking even or making little profit. If Mcgregor gets 3-5 a buy his opponent gets 1-3 then there is not much left for others when UFC already splits revenue 55/45 with providers.

That's some questionable math right there.

pretty sure tyron woodley got ppv points from UFC 205 so your claim is FALSE

3 guys.
And the meaning retards like you try to imply is that it helps with fighter's pay. Not only when they fight him.
Watch your language my son. If you don't think he raised fighter pay ceilings than maybe you're the pot calling the kettle black lol.

Watch your language my son. If you don't think he raised fighter pay ceilings than maybe you're the pot calling the kettle black lol.
kid, I don't imply he did. you do.

The onus is on you, not me.

Is it Conor directly or is it it his paycut is so large they can't "afford" to cut another piece of the pie for anyone else.

In boxing it was same model for ppv events, maint event like ggg vs canelo had no other big fights on the card
So why u mad?

Back