Local "Rapper" kills Deputy Sheriff in Rancho Cordova (Greater Sacramento Area)

Which comes out to 3-4 years after parole, or 7 in the latter case.

Not cutting it. A single violent felony and it's 10+ hard time, no ifs, ands, or buts.

I appreciate that you're distinguishing violent felonies, truly.

But I'm still not on board without further tailoring of the offense (with ifs, ands, or buts). If someone got in a fist fight or got in a drunk driving wreck, I don't think their constitutional rights should be taken away and that they should be faced with decades in prison just for having a method of protecting themselves and their families.

I appreciate that you're distinguishing violent felonies, truly.

But I'm still not on board without further tailoring of the offense (with ifs, ands, or buts). If someone got in a fist fight or got in a drunk driving wreck, I don't think their constitutional rights should be taken away and that they should be faced with decades in prison just for having a method of protecting themselves and their families.
Yeah, someone who has gotten so out of control with family members the cops had to get called in, and was convicted of a violent felony as a result, who is subsequently found illegally in possession of a firearm, clearly isn't someone to be concerned about.

If we want less gun violence then we have to act like it.

You always hear stories like this. Some asshole that's been locally known for being a piece of shit for decades finally kills someone.

It is a shame, but that is the job. Why is he automatically a hero?

putting the police on a pedestal is an integral part of the monopoly men's society they protect their wealth and enforce their societal rules.

The problem appears to be with how his previous charges were handled. He was arrested and charged with 2 counts of domestic abuse, but the charges were dropped. In that same incident, he plead guilty to disturbing the peace, so he probably got a plea deal. He had some other arrests, but no felony convictions, including acquittal of 2 counts of assault with a deadly weapon. A third count was dismissed. From what it sounds, the issue was a failure to pursue certain charges (or perhaps make those charges stick) in previous arrests. Had that occurred, the shooter would have been ineligible to purchase a firearm. However, he was dismissed of those charges, so he was legally able to buy one. I don't see why we need a new rule here when enforcing the ones we have would have sufficiently averted this situation.

Last edited:
The left were the only people making a stink about the Patriot Act. You're misinformed, as usual.
Libertarians despised the Patriot Act. Leftists are in here openly admitting they are interested in protecting problem populations that foster violent cop-killers. These are the same people who would worry more about thwarting intelligent policing of those residents in Molenbeek and Schaerbeek than on preventing mass terrorist attacks. It's not until a ton of people get killed at a concert in Paris that somebody in government finally tells these types to shut up, and goes and solves the problem.

Why bother with school shooters when you have cop shooters?

The left were the only people making a stink about the Patriot Act. You're misinformed, as usual.

Well that's not true but I know what you mean. In reality, everyone that wasn't drinking the republican kool-aid was making a stink about the Patriot Act.

Libertarians despised the Patriot Act. Leftists are in here openly admitting they are interested in protecting problem populations that foster violent cop-killers. These are the same people who would worry more about thwarting intelligent policing of those residents Molenbeek and Schaerbeek than on preventing mass terrorist attacks. It's not until a ton of people get killed at a concert in Paris that somebody in government finally tells these types to shut up, and goes and solves the problem.
When has Belgian intelligence been thwarted? It just never was acted upon by the incompetence of our police units.

Save your strawmen for the farm.
What’s the strawman? You did say you think we shouldn’t talk about mass shooters and you gave an example of a copkiller. We should worry about violent felons instead of mass shooters, then? I really don’t see the connection here.

The left were the only people making a stink about the Patriot Act.

Yep. Then Obama robo-signed the renewal and the left promptly stfu about it. Snowden's whistle-blowing couldn't even get them worked back up. I wonder what % of Democratic primary winners have an anti-Patriot Act plank in their platform for this election cycle. My guess would be not many.

If his mixtape sucks, throw him in the ocean.

Just for the people who are into things like stats and facts, violent crime is at alltime low, but don't let that stop you from wetting the bed everytime a crime takes place.

Do you think the same thing when mass shootings happen? School shootings? Or do you wet your bed?

Which comes out to 3-4 years after parole, or 7 in the latter case.

Not cutting it. A single violent felony and it's 10+ hard time, no ifs, ands, or buts.

*Edit*
https://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/...ck_Facts_Felon_in_Possession_of_a_Firearm.pdf
Also, average sentence is 6yrs3mos, and that's across all of these cases.

And that's just sentencing, not time served.
Time served and sentencing in federal cases are nearly the same. Unlike state cases, there's no getting out on parole after 50% of time served. The prison has some ability to issue credits for exemplary good behavior, but this doesn't become relevant until after the first year, and no more than 15% of the remaining sentence.

Republicans wrote the patriot act and called anyone who opposed it Terrorists, now the delusional are trying to blame the Democrats for it? Does not get anymore delusional than this.

Back