Live: UFC 229 Press Conference - Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov - 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

Yeah mcgregor had serious furnace face going on while he was babbling.

Don't understand this stubbornness by some fighters not to "fake" hype a fight. It literally means more money for them. Like even traditional martial artists like GSP and Silva had to step out of their comfort zone against guys like Nick and Chael to hype a fight. Khabib was all reactionary and should have said more IMO. His reminder of Conor tapping 3 times was good, but needed to add more for the intrigue.

I agree. Khabib has 0 mic skills but to his defense English is like his 5th language apparently

Connor went after khabibs most treasured subjects....his father and Islam damn didn’t think he would have the balls to....now I have to cheer for Connor
yeah but I don't think Khabib will change his game plan which I think is always conor's intention. To get people to lunge forward into his left. He will go for 100 take downs if needed.

I didn't bother to watch once they kept talking about how the Octagon was made before the presser started. Shit was boring and by the sound of it the presser wasn't anything special.
So, you didn't watch but you hung about to comment...?

giphy.webp

Seen Conor this animated 3 times (including today) and 2 of those times he lost.

Anyone with any life experience can read that situation and tell that one fighter is scared shitless and one fighter is just showing up to work

yeah but I don't think Khabib will change his game plan which I think is always conor's intention. He will go for 100 take downs if needed.

I feel like he will get Aldo’d they are touchy with that subject and Connor basically called him and his ilk cowards noting the chechens of all people

Ok if thats true that was a move I can respect.

I like Khabib but his manager is a scumbag shit.

His manager also represents a lot of big names. And he dresses like a rich pimp when he steps into the ring. What a deadbeat for that lowball offer to his kid.

I was that, but also Conor seemed very shaky tonight. Fumbling his lines, getting red-faced. Awful performance compared to the composed yet funny demeanor he had earlier in his career. I feel like the end is coming for Conor somehow. This was weird.
I feel sad for his son and dee. He looks like a man fucked up by money and fame

Mo money mo problems

Khabib is gonna beat the shit out of Conor. Its gonna be ugly. Conor is too emotional

Emotional because he is nervous. The frantic behavior is nothing like him. The bit about Khabib diving for legs especially.. seems like some last-ditch effort to get Khabib to stand with him. Doesn't at all inspire confidence in Mcgregor being able to handle himself on the ground.

Conor shouting that out loud clear message to Khabib right there hes makin this personal by going after his culture, in a Jesus vs Allah type way

called him backwards and called Ali a terrorist snitch...

Well, Ali actually is a terrorist snitch.

You are missremembering. The lines were CRINGY AS HELL during that press tour and everyone was complaining about it. Also, at one point Conor was sweating bullets and everyone was saying how he was on coke and acted like he had been on a week long bender, so on.

Just browse through this one:

Now imagine this without a crowd.

I remember it correctly, even just going through the video, he was not as sloppy as he was tonight. I think it really has to with Floyd giving him something to work with, thats got to be easier. Khabib sitting there getting mad maybe once or twice but otherwise just saying 6th of october had to be annoying for Conor. I mean dont get me wrong he had his moments, but it was pretty bad for Conor. Yes he was dancing and tapping floyd on the head and getting in his face and all that, but it wasn't as desperate as he seems now. With Floyd he had a sparring partner, with Khabib he gets very little back from the exchange. Conor needs someone to feed him, Khabib isn't that guy.

Uhm, Jesus is actually also a muslim prophet. If I remember correctly Jesus is actually the most talked about prophet in the quran. Still funny how he said it.

Yeah, that is so lol. People being forced to leave their houses and killed in thousands. Yeah, real lol.

Great world we live in. Hopefully one day this will happen one day to you so that we can lol back at you. Thank your lucky star that you are born in a country with no war, you spoiled brat.

I just thought it was a funny line. How bout you stick that soapbox up your ass

Typical Christian, calls to Jesus but acts and behaves nothing like Jesus would want him to.

Back