Live: UFC 229 Press Conference - Conor McGregor v Khabib Nurmagomedov - 5pm ET/2pm PT/10pm UK

I really wanna see mcgregor in a presser against ferguson. It would be a hysterical back and forth with so much nonsense from each side. I would also like to see mcgregor and Kevin lee the same. Two guys who go in with that same shit talk mentality.

Apart from the part where Conor was acting like a lunatic, he actually had some good lines.
He definitely had some good lines. All of them happened in the bathroom with a rolled up 50 up his nose.

He's a joke. He's going to get smashed.

I didn't bother to watch once they kept talking about how the Octagon was made before the presser started. Shit was boring and by the sound of it the presser wasn't anything special.
And you were under the impression that this thread, talking about the presser, would somehow be of more value? Noted.

Khabib "you cant say assalamualaikum and then congrats on whiskey"

In this side of the world you can say whatever you want, allah boy.

Emotional because he is nervous. The frantic behavior is nothing like him. The bit about Khabib diving for legs especially.. seems like some last-ditch effort to get Khabib to stand with him. Doesn't at all inspire confidence in Mcgregor being able to handle himself on the ground.

Na. The quite environment wihout the whopping and cheers is what is was. He was relaxed late on but you can't talk shit to a silenced room. Think about it? Lets see what it's like at the presser on fight week and the weigh ins.....lol

I love how 1/2 the people here can't stand to see Conor talk, then get on youtube watch his press conference and post in a pbp of it.

Yeah mcgregor had serious furnace face going on while he was babbling.

Conor could only maintain his cool for about half the time. Red-faced, yes, and glistening with sweat, botching his lines. Meanwhile Khabib was calm and smiling 90% of the time, cool as a cucumber. Conor fans in this thread, thinking he got to Beebs are delusional.

Can we not just get one mega thread for all this garbage.

Na. The quite environment wihout the whopping and cheers is what is was. He was relaxed late on but you can't talk shit to a silenced room. Think about it? Lets see what it's like at the presser on fight week and the weigh ins.....lol

Well yeah, that was fucking weird also, but Conor seemed extremely uncomfortable with this whole setup - the absolute silence, the awkward (and shitty) reporters - so he went into overdrive trying to fill the void in room. It was the wrong thing to do. He should have gone after beeb calmly and with humor, the way he normally does.

Conor could only maintain his cool for about half the time. Red-faced, yes, and glistening with sweat, botching his lines. Meanwhile Khabib was calm and smiling 90% of the time, cool as a cucumber. Conor fans in this thread, thinking he got to Beebs are delusional.
Hey, I can twist it the other way around - that "prison-like" cultures prefer to look at showing your emotions as weakness. It's just pure insecurity - to always pretend , how cool you are, that nothing can touch you, because the moment you expose you emotions - you are somewhat feminine and not a real man. Maybe in the west people rarely see this, due to more relaxed culture, so they think that supressing your emotions is some kind of heroic feat.

So, you didn't watch but you hung about to comment...?

giphy.webp
It probably took longer for you to find that gif than I sat on youtube waiting for it to begin. I went to the bar instead so yes, commenting through my phone was a lot easier.

Conor looked rather unhinged at points trying super hard to shake the cool all business Khabib. Conor on the other hand looked all over the place talking Dagastini cultural sh!t his limited promotional hand for the fight (never saw McGregor sports/entertainment on the background placard) which tells me he may have a square patch in the octagon. Conor tried to display that old arrogant confidence he displayed at previous media gatherings, but he looked cocaine hopped up & drunk. My gut feeling..?

Conor will lose embarrassingly....

Khabib was shook and almost started to cry when Conor made him look like a noob with his verbal onslaught. I knew this would happen but it doesnt mean anything come fight night though. Gotta give props to Conor though he is hell of a showman
What utter delusional rubbish man. Seriously.

Back