Does Anyone Actually Like Coleslaw Besides Me?

Eww no. lol jk
It depends on how hungry I am. I usually eat the main course first. After that I may not have a taste for a side of coleslaw.

Aw what the hell, put me down for Team Coleslaw.

Love coleslaw.
Best on a corned beef sandwich with deli mustard.

I make a mean ass fresh cole slaw, but with a slight bit of stone ground mustard in it to kick it up a notch

Or sometimes Tabasco

I’ll fuck a whole bowl of cole slaw up on my own.

And Pickled Okra

:drool: if I open a jar that shits dissaperaring.

I've only had it a couple of times, but vinegar-based instead of mayo is really good. Mayo version though on hotdogs are okay

Coleslaw is like Salsa, where commercial > authentic.

KFC and Boston Market coleslaw > real homemade coleslaw.

Tostitos and Taco Bell salsa > homemade salsa

It doesn’t taste good nor is it that healthy. So what’s the point

I used to like KFCs coleslaw. Somewhere along the line it seems to have changed to slimey goo paste that I'm sure comes out of a squeeze tube. No bueno if you ask me.

There's a mom n pop bbq restaurant near me that serves cole slaw with bacon in it.

It's quite righteous.

I hate it whenever I get a brisket sandwich with coleslaw I ask for the coleslaw to be removed.

I love it on a pulled pork sandwich but not as a side. I also like that slaw that's on fish tacos.

On certain burger combos i love it otherwise no

I like it but it has to be crunchy, creamy and cold

Coleslaw is a very common side dish it seems. Many, if not most restaurants offer it as an option for a side. And at BBQs and picnics it’s usally present as part of some trinity of “side salads” along with potato salad and macaroni salad. Even some fast food joints like KFC offer those three options.

So overall Coleslaw seems to be somewhat ubiquitous. However, I’ve noticed for about twenty years now that no one seems to like it. No one that is, except me. I love coleslaw. When I’m at a restaurant and a waitress asks me what I want as a side I’ll usually ask them to tell me the options and if coleslaw is available I’ll say “ooh, I’ll have coleslaw” which usually causes everyone around me to start giving me puzzled looks or say “really? Coleslaw? Okay then... fuckin weirdo”. I’m not sure I’ve ever actually met anyone else that actually liked it.

Is this normal, that no one likes coleslaw? I figure it can’t be, because if no one liked it, why would be offered everywhere? And yet who are these other people that like Coleslaw, and where are they??

coleslaw-recipe-2.jpg
Nope. You don't actually like it, either. It's an illusion.

Back