Two police officers shot after serving warrant on wrong address

Warrants have been served at the wrong house, sometimes with the occupants being killed by police. Clerical error is usually the culprit. Wasn’t there one recently where the cops went to the wrong house and happened upon a drug house and the occupant fired on them and was killed?

Warrants have been served at the wrong house, sometimes with the occupants being killed by police. Clerical error is usually the culprit. Wasn’t there one recently where the cops went to the wrong house and happened upon a drug house and the occupant fired on them and was killed?

The article TS posted it said " explaining that their hunt for a local drug dealer, and a tip from an informant, had led them to the apartment."

That is shitty police work and not enough to enter someone's home, imho. If the police are going to break someone's door down(especially no knock warrants) the cops need to be 100%sure they have the right house.

Enough of the taxpayers being held responsible for the police departments gross incompetence, take it out the departments budget and officers involved pensions.

Dead is dead. But getting crushed by a machine is not something those workers wake up and say “boy, I hope i am not crushed today” where as going on bad calls, the anxiety from wondering what is on the other side of a door is not fun.

And I am not putting down the other jobs, but douchebags use that list to try and insult law enforcement like it’s not a tough or dangerous job. It has potential to be an extremely dangerous job very frequently, but thankfully, the really bad stuff does not happen as often as it could.

I know when i am blocking off traffic on the highway, I am at much greater risk of dying than from being shot or stabbed, but it’s not the traffic dangers that truly worry me Lt my family. That’s where the difference is, imo

I can assure you, being fucking smashed is always on the mind of people who work around machines. Ever seen someone get caught in an industrial fan? I have.

LOL, this case is amazing. No more of this horseshit about not being able to shoot cops making a mistake without facing charges.

I'm really happy the cops didn't die as a result of their mistake, but I'm even happier they didn't injure the homeowner. This guy sounds like an amazing American, btw:

What a stud. Defended his life, family, and property, but didn't hold a grudge, and immediately identified the mistake. That's what gave him the best chance to survive. His behavior couldn't have been more perfect.

This is the demeanor to adopt in these situations. Pay attention, cop-haters.

I agree. A couple of shots to the ligaments of cops in the wrong on the regular would change their tune with the quickness. Let’s all arm ourselves and police the motherfucking police!!

I don’t care for that list. Firemen are like 20th, if I remember correctly, and they go into burning building when not saving cats from trees. Look, as I explained to Kafir, I am not saying that the jobs that top those lists are not dangerous, I am saying that they arrived at the list almost entirely using empirical/quantifiable data.

There are X amount of workers where X amount of injuries and deaths occur. It’s not looking at the reasons why the injuries and death are occurring, or how. I am just of the opinion that the human factor involved in the dangers of law enforcement is a more unpredictable factor, and knowing that there are people that will purposely try to kill you makes law enforcement not only a dangerous job, but also one that fucks with your head. You never really know what is in store for you each day you go to work

As opposed to a logger worrying about a tree falling on then or a truck driver getting into an accident or a fisherman getting thrown overboard? The belief that cops are getting murdered left and right or live in a war zone is not accurate. Things are more safe for cops now than they ever have been. No one wants to believe things are safer for cops than the 1950s with Mayberry and Andt Griffith but it most certainly is.

bialik-flowers-king-police-deaths-1.png

Last edited:
Just opinions. Those lists are constantly thrown in my face as an insult-oh, garbage collecting is more dangerous than police work. I have been a cop for 16 years, and I have been through some harrowing stuff. I guess my point is that I believe that knowing that someone is trying to kill you is more terrifying than many of those other jobs. It’s not that death does not equal death, or injury for injury, but having a person with the ability to form thought and intent, is what makes the difference to me.

I sure as hell would not want to be on a boat in a big storm-talk about helpless, but those other jobs, they don’t know they are in danger until it’s too late. Chasing after a man with a gun that just robbed a bank is just not as fun as it once was, but three kids will do that to a man.
Well I don't mean it as an insult since I do respect garbage collecting. Its something we take for granted in the developed world but in some developing countries they don't have that luxury and have to experience trash pile ups in their streets.

Like I said, as far as I am concerned whether I consider it heroic or not depends on how dangerous the job is and how necessary it is for the normal functioning of society and garbage collecting passes the test. I don't think it matters that they don't face a conscious fear all the time. The flip side is they have a job that isn't really respected the way your job is despite the fact that its objectively more dangerous.

I can assure you, being fucking smashed is always on the mind of people who work around machines. Ever seen someone get caught in an industrial fan? I have.
I have worked with industrial machinery, you are 100% correct.
Or another example shingling a steep A frame roof, it is a constant thought you have to worry about possibly falling to your death.

Sounds like the city's hiring practices should be looked at. lmao @ not being able to go to the right house. Dumbasses

Pigs just hate dogs. They love to shoot them and now are trying to let them drown and arresting people saving them...

Protect and serve everyone.

4c2ca07d48960cf5d9542d8a1b9e3907bce987b23e59c19cdb6d4ccd6e05e239.jpg

Well if robbers are well armed police uniformed level robbers, I'd probably listen if they yelled police.

You must think you are John wick or somehting. What do you think people dress like when they rob a house? maybe all black? Guess who else dresses exactly like that?

TMCFILEPIC300904-372JPG.jpg

You would wake up, grab a gun, see someone in all black who yells police.......... and then what? Decide if you think their weapon looks like something police would use? Sit them down for a question and answer session?

A great point ruined by a narrow-minded view. To suggest that a common citizen should have the complete presence of mind in a split second situation that undoubtedly most aren't trained in is hilarious at best.
Strawman.

My suggestion is that-- once you have realized the burglars are police-- one should immediately adopt a demeanor that deescalates the situation (as opposed to a combative one). The reason for this is because it gives the homeowner the best chance of surviving rather than dying in a gun battle that never should have happened. It would have been much, much worse for the police, here, if they did end up killing this man, but it would have been much worse for him than for them. That's everyone losing all around because the homeowner doesn't adopt the most reasonable demeanor when engaging police once he identifies such an engagement. These are suggested as a matter of sound logic towards surviving encounters with agents of the state who are licensed to kill. Compliance and passivity go a long way towards survival. There is no burden of legality that my suggestion places on the homeowner. It's advice in service of the homeowner's own best interests.
He could have killed those 2 cops and I would have had zero sympathy for the Police Department given it was their fuck-up that got them there.
I wouldn't hold him responsible because the accident wasn't his. However, if he killed the police willfully after realizing they were police...I would have a problem with that, and it would immediately erode my sympathies. Only the narrow-minded are incapable of realizing if they reversed the conditions-- where the cops came to realize a perpetrator didn't intend harm and still killed that person willfully just because the law would stand in their favor-- would disagree. I tend to be more thoughtful on these matters than most.
I would give more kudos to this guy having the integrity to hold himself accountable on what happened than the Police Officers who if they shot up the homeowner in response who would more than likely try to cover their ass and blame the homeowner for what went down. I'm glad no one was killed and that homeowner is a rare one indeed but to say that everyone should react like that is really hiding on just how bad Law Enforcement can fuck up and their actions can have dire consequences because of those mistakes which often lead to cover-ups and distrust.
The notion that one should be able to kill the cops out of spite because of an accident that legally justifies it is the far more rationally stunted view. If it happens, it happens, and you place blame where it belongs (the police). That doesn't make such a murderous mindset any more sympathetic. What's morally correct and what's legal aren't always in perfect harmony, but that's just how things shake out even with the most sincere attempts to set rules that protect virtue.

"According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2015, there were 33 Refuse & Recyclable Material Collectors killed and 85 Police & Sheriff’s Patrol Officers killed. There are fewer garbage collectors than cops, though, so the 33 of them that were killed made for a rate of 38.8 per 100,000. The rate for cops is only around 11 per 100,000."
https://www.quora.com/Are-garbage-collectors-more-likely-to-be-killed-on-the-job-than-cops

Pdf download directly from the bureau
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3bMj5e5f_67JdIi-doIDtZ

"To put the risk of policing in perspective: fisherman and loggers are 10 times more likely to be killed on the job than a police officer, a farmer is 2 times more likely to die on the job, according to national figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. A logging worker is eight times more likely than a police officer to die on the job, and a garbage man is three times more likely to die while working."

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6373798
Above article links to gov sites for further reading.
Nope, check the stats from the bureau of labor statistics I posted a page back.

Also "Most policemen killed on the job die in accidents (mostly auto), not from firearm assault, according to the FBI.
According to FBI figures (which are slightly different than other tabulations), 14 of the 76 police deaths in 2013, nation-wide, were due to auto accidents —- when the officer wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. Tragic for sure. <Lmaoo>"
I missed that you had already responded. I'm afraid I have laid a trap for you. Indeed, the OSHA argument was expected, and few know the dangers of logging better than me, personally. However, that isn't why I prodded you. I wanted you to expose your own ignorance. Your hatred of cops is guiding you. Your "research" is little more than you gravitating towards any article of information that you perceive as reinforcing this hateful bias. Look back on your opening post with its predictable conclusions...
LoL

In before someone says what a dangerous job cops have, which after some research I found out not to be true. Hell your local garbage man's job is much more dangerous than that of a cop
https://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/police-officers-2014.htm
55ca5850-1da1-4a13-b9a6-1e335af08fad.png

It's a dangerous job.

Bad example. The riots were a reaction to over-policing. the police caused that crime spree.

I currently live about 30minutes from the nearest police station, but there is very little crime at all in my area.

Once again there is no evidence to support the idea that cops prevent crime. ... we certainly still have rampant crime in america, despite there being at least a million LEO's

Police caused the crime spree? Makes no sense. It's like saying firemen caused the house fires. So then why do we have police? To take cats out of trees?

Funny you talk of me being ignorant, I made a similar comment to you, after you called someone a snowflake at which point you gave me a yellow.

Funny you resort right to the ad hominem logical fallacies that you yellowed me for, that I am an ignorant cop hating individual. Nice deflection of the topic at hand, by your logic, you or others in this thread must hate trashmen and farmers because ya'll be valuing the dangers of police work over that of other industries. °yawn°

Police work is dangerous, just not nearly as dangerous as being a trashman or farmer.
If we look at the bls for 2013, same deaths listed for police as your graph, although trashmen are 3x times more likely to die on the job.
http://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfoi/cfoi_rates_2013hb.pdf
When we are comparing two jobs, why would you only provide a source for police deaths vs other jobs(with no upper threshold), your chart makes it seem like police work is the top of dangerous jobs, when it clearly isn't!
the_deadliest_jobs_in_america_fatal_injuries_per_100000_workers_chartbuilder.png

Do you put trashmen on a higher pedestal due to the danger of the job, are farmers jobs more worthy of higher praise than that of an officer due to the job being more dangerous?

Police officers and their supporters overinflate the danger of their job, while disregarding the dangerous nature of others jobs. From nhb posts it seems he thinks that his job is more stressful than a heavy machine worker constantly having to worry about being crushed, even though you are more likely to to die doing the latter.

Last edited:
Well I don't mean it as an insult since I do respect garbage collecting. Its something we take for granted in the developed world but in some developing countries they don't have that luxury and have to experience trash pile ups in their streets.

Like I said, as far as I am concerned whether I consider it heroic or not depends on how dangerous the job is and how necessary it is for the normal functioning of society and garbage collecting passes the test. I don't think it matters that they don't face a conscious fear all the time. The flip side is they have a job that isn't really respected the way your job is despite the fact that its objectively more dangerous.

People would definitely notice if they just stopped picking up trash. The garbage would pile up, the smell would be awful, and rodents, cats, dogs, and crows would make a giant mess. Please understand that I respect what they do, and their job is hazardous, it is just a different kind of danger than law enforcement. Not saying one is worse than the other-hurt is hurt; dead is dead, but people maliciously coming after you is a different feeling.

As opposed to a logger worrying about a tree falling on then or a truck driver getting into an accident or a fisherman getting thrown overboard? The belief that cops are getting murdered left and right or live in a war zone is not accurate. Things are more safe for cops now than they ever have been. No one wants to believe things are safer for cops than the 1950s with Mayberry and Andt Griffith but it most certainly is.

bialik-flowers-king-police-deaths-1.png

Alcohol prohibition, the sixties, and the nineties were all dangerous eras to be a police officer. The numbers show that, but as I stated, the numbers do not tell the whole story.

Right now is not the safest era to be a police officer. There are few times that there was more vitriol directed at cops. Sure, a good bit of that was brought on by their own actions. Cops have never been specifically targeted and executed unprovoked like we have seen over the last six years. The threats, both in person and social media, and general lack of respect have made it both more difficult to be an officer as well as there being a simmering anger just below the surface that has the potential to boil over at any moment.

Can say I have seen that, for which I am glad, I have enough horrible memories in my head. Ok, let me try and put this a different way. It is just a different kind of fear. Ok, so guys that work around machinery, at great heights, around falling trees and ice cold water have a level of fear that is probably pretty constant, meaning it stays roughly the same and causes them to use caution, with occasional spikes if something goes awry. I am not sure of how to explain what it feels like to a call where an incident of domestic violence has occurred and the husband has fired off some shots and won’t let the police wife leave. That is a completely different feeling-one of imminent danger, that many of these other dangerous jobs likely have less of and manifested in a different manner.

Pigs just hate dogs. They love to shoot them and now are trying to let them drown and arresting people saving them...

Protect and serve everyone.

4c2ca07d48960cf5d9542d8a1b9e3907bce987b23e59c19cdb6d4ccd6e05e239.jpg

You are so full of shit it is coming out of your mouth every time You try to forumulate words. Police don’t hate dogs, well, some do, but the nunbers of police that feel a certain kind of way about dogs is reflective of the community. Likely bell shaped in nature; you will have cops that hate dogs on one end, and in the other end, you have people like me that stop the patrol car to pet a dog, with most officers falling in the middle.

You are so full of shit it is coming out of your mouth every time You try to forumulate words. Police don’t hate dogs, well, some do, but the nunbers of police that feel a certain kind of way about dogs is reflective of the community. Likely bell shaped in nature; you will have cops that hate dogs on one end, and in the other end, you have people like me that stop the patrol car to pet a dog, with most officers falling in the middle.
It's unfortunate that some cops are blamed and held in disregard for the actions of others. So is there actually a
"blue wall of silence" in your experience?

Does your local police department have restrictions on applicants with higher intelligence not being allowed on the force like other departments across the nation?

Garbage men & farmers the real heroes of society
Hmm... because garbage men deal with trash and farmers farm shit on the daily. Have they ever had to deal with a child rape victim on the job? I have. How about severely battered wife? Drugged out of their mind asshole who tries to bite you, scratch you and go for your firearm? On the daily LEOs deal with the worse in humans, people at their lowest. Coupled with long hours and double shifts because there isn't enough cops, I'd say it's well beyond more dangerous than these other professions. It's extremely taxing on people and it's no wonder a lot of LEOs are alchys and also lose their cool so fast. Life as a officer can turn a good kid into a real bastard and people wonder why sometimes? Because they're fucking human and around sick shit on the daily with a feeling of no way out.

Back