Two police officers shot after serving warrant on wrong address

I'd say it's well beyond more dangerous than these other professions. It's extremely taxing on people and it's no wonder a lot of LEOs are alchys and also lose their cool so fast.

No it's not more dangerous as shown by statistics for the last dozen years, your comment shows you over inflating the dangers of your job while downplaying the work others do.

If you want to pretend police work is more dangerous than it really is(cause facts don't support your claim), you are causing yourself extra stress to an already super stressful job.

See how many days you make it to work without the contribution of ranchers and farmers to society, if you want people to respect your job, how about respecting others people's work. Being a police officer is important work, is it more important that providing food so people don't starve, I don't think so personally. I don't put cops higher on the pedestal cause they have a more stressful job than a farmer.

I don't put farmers higher up because their work is more dangerous than police officers.
Both contribute to society!

Last edited:
Life as a officer can turn a good kid into a real bastard and people wonder why sometimes? Because they're fucking human and around sick shit on the daily with a feeling of no way out.

Do you see a lot of good kids turned bastards on your police force? Do you follow the supposed the blue wall of silence?

Does your police department screen out applicants with high IQs like other departments across the nation?

When you say no way out, you realize you can change job careers right?

If someone has turned from a good kid to a bastard I would hope for the sake of society they move on from police work.

Alcohol prohibition, the sixties, and the nineties were all dangerous eras to be a police officer. The numbers show that, but as I stated, the numbers do not tell the whole story.

Right now is not the safest era to be a police officer. There are few times that there was more vitriol directed at cops. Sure, a good bit of that was brought on by their own actions. Cops have never been specifically targeted and executed unprovoked like we have seen over the last six years. The threats, both in person and social media, and general lack of respect have made it both more difficult to be an officer as well as there being a simmering anger just below the surface that has the potential to boil over at any moment.
Those statistics also only show the danger element coming via death and not by encounter or event since not everything ends in death. Sure we might not be killed as much as a logger (which is dangerous as fuck) a family friend almost just died in a logging accident, gruesome stuff. Getting back on track, I hate looking at those stats because you don’t have to die to be in a dangerous situation. Additionally, not all departments are created equal. I don’t know where you come from nhhbear and I’ll use IL as an example but 99% of the POs in this state outside of ISP would have constant bad days working in Chicago. It’s a beast and you have to live it to really understand how crazy it can be. My point being, a lot of departments are patrolling safe communities that skew statistics. Some of us are working in bad neighborhoods and honestly I’m fine with it and wouldn’t really change it but when someone attempts to argue that a bartender is more dangerous than working on the west side of Chicago as a police officer on 3rd watch I have to call absolute total bullshit.

Can say I have seen that, for which I am glad, I have enough horrible memories in my head. Ok, let me try and put this a different way. It is just a different kind of fear. Ok, so guys that work around machinery, at great heights, around falling trees and ice cold water have a level of fear that is probably pretty constant, meaning it stays roughly the same and causes them to use caution, with occasional spikes if something goes awry. I am not sure of how to explain what it feels like to a call where an incident of domestic violence has occurred and the husband has fired off some shots and won’t let the police wife leave. That is a completely different feeling-one of imminent danger, that many of these other dangerous jobs likely have less of and manifested in a different manner.

it varies considerably depending on what you are doing. wiring up a small solenoid isnt a big deal generally. for example, if you need ot change a motor on top of a silo that you know is a rusty POS, and you gotta get up onto a ledge that has no tie off point, then you will feel considerably more than just working normally. Ive gotten calls that " something" laid out a contractor with a large shock, and to go find it. not exactly comforting up on that scaffold.

I cant say its the same as a call like you described, i havent done it. But lets not pretend that police have an inherently more dangerous or scary job than jobs that are proven more dangerous.

The article doesn’t mention whether the cops identified themselves as cops while knocking. If they had, they might have avoided this.

From the description it sounds like a no knock warrant, Drizzt.

People would definitely notice if they just stopped picking up trash. The garbage would pile up, the smell would be awful, and rodents, cats, dogs, and crows would make a giant mess. Please understand that I respect what they do, and their job is hazardous, it is just a different kind of danger than law enforcement. Not saying one is worse than the other-hurt is hurt; dead is dead, but people maliciously coming after you is a different feeling.
The near constant threat of death from machinery is not to be underestimated. I don't think you've had their job so you're not really in a position to judge their experience. All we have are the numbers which tell us their job is more dangerous than yours and yet they have less prestige and respect in society.

Do you see a lot of good kids turned bastards on your police force? Do you follow the supposed the blue wall of silence?

Does your police department screen out applicants with high IQs like other departments across the nation?

When you say no way out, you realize you can change job careers right?

If someone has turned from a good kid to a bastard I would hope for the sake of society they move on from police work.
I moved on. But not everyone feels they can do other things. It's not exclusive to LEOs but it's a serious thing for all of us as we can all be affected by LEOs.

I hope you understood my point though with how wrong and arrogantly ignorant your statements are.

Maybe you're really young or maybe you're older and have had a bad run in with a cop. Just understand that a police officers job is much more complex and strenuous than a trashmans... or a farmers... or a machine worker... or a out of shape keyboard warrior on a karate forum.

No it's not more dangerous as shown by statistics for the last dozen years, your comment shows you over inflating the dangers of your job while downplaying the work others do.

If you want to pretend police work is more dangerous than it really is(cause facts don't support your claim), you are causing yourself extra stress to an already super stressful job.

See how many days you make it to work without the contribution of ranchers and farmers to society, if you want people to respect your job, how about respecting others people's work. Being a police officer is important work, is it more important that providing food so people don't starve, I don't think so personally. I don't put cops higher on the pedestal cause they have a more stressful job than a farmer.

I don't put farmers higher up because their work is more dangerous than police officers.
Both contribute to society!
Having a more dangerous job does not correlate with putting anyone up higher or giving said value to the more dangerous job. Nice try though? What are you a fucking farmer? Go milk a bull and let the big boys who have real world experience on the streets speak about the dangers of law enforcement.

Having a more dangerous job does not correlate with putting anyone up higher or giving said value to the more dangerous job. Nice try though? What are you a fucking farmer? Go milk a bull and let the big boys who have real world experience on the streets speak about the dangers of law enforcement.

And real world experience on the streets gives you appropriate knowledge about the danger from other careers? does being a cop come with psychic powers or something?

I mean, it could. But i would think this whole raiding the wrong house thing would not have happened.

And real world experience on the streets gives you appropriate knowledge about the danger from other careers? does being a cop come with psychic powers or something?

I mean, it could. But i would think this whole raiding the wrong house thing would not have happened.
Man your so close with the pisstain doubles! Keep it up maybe some rat will finally end your shit posting misery.

At least try to be funny when you post nonsense that contributes zilch.

Wow great police work executing a warrant and busting down a door based on a tip from an informant.

What judge signed off on this.

Its the war on drugs man, everything goes.

Good!

Could've been another Amber Guyger-esque assassination.

I never understood why they think they could get away with stuff like that. If someone is breaking into my house, what am I to think besides someone is attempting to rob or kill me. I'm not gonna wait to put myself or my family in harms way.

To be honest, not sure if seeing police uniforms would make me less fearful, or more fearful.

Man your so close with the pisstain doubles! Keep it up maybe some rat will finally end your shit posting misery.

At least try to be funny when you post nonsense that contributes zilch.

sooooo........ no and you are just an idiot. Sounds about right.

I moved on. But not everyone feels they can do other things. It's not exclusive to LEOs but it's a serious thing for all of us as we can all be affected by LEOs.

I hope you understood my point though with how wrong and arrogantly ignorant your statements are.

Maybe you're really young or maybe you're older and have had a bad run in with a cop. Just understand that a police officers job is much more complex and strenuous than a trashmans... or a farmers... or a machine worker... or a out of shape keyboard warrior on a karate forum.
So have you farmed a100+acres, you have been a roofer, or a sanitation worker, to accurately state that police work is more complex? If police work is so complex why do police departments prefer applicants with lower IQs?

better come correct in PG County, they don't play out there

Go milk a bull and let the big boys who have real world experience.....

Stop, you would starve to death real quick, especially if you tried to milk a bull, what exactly would you milk his dick? <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

Police caused the crime spree? Makes no sense. It's like saying firemen caused the house fires. So then why do we have police? To take cats out of trees?
Ok dummy, so what caused the LA riots?

Stop, you would starve to death real quick, especially if you tried to milk a bull, what exactly would you milk his dick? <Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
giphy.gif

So have you farmed a100+acres, you have been a roofer, or a sanitation worker, to accurately state that police work is more complex? If police work is so complex why do police departments prefer applicants with lower IQs?

Kewl shitpost.

Ok dummy, so what caused the LA riots?

Accuital of white cops. It's the same people that loot and riot when there are natural disasters and no police presence. Lowest of the low need constant policing.

Back