'I shot a whole family of baboons'

Hard to say, I’m not a psychologist but something is definetly fucking wrong with you because you can’t seem to see the difference between hunting animals and hunting human beings. Maybe you should join ISIS, you’d get to live out your sick fantasies.
What about hunting members ot ISIS? Checkmate.

If I’m a shitty human and this hunter is a shitty human than the majority of people onntjenafticsn continent arenshitty humans too because hunting like this takes place across the African continent by the locals.

Seems like you’re actually the shitty human.
True enough,
It begs the question if other continents look to North Americans killing our native species and think we are barbaric. To me you can be a moral person who hunts for food,but killing for just the hell of it does rub me the wrong way. We have tons of trophy hunters in Canada who come for bears and whitetail and mule deer etc. And they pay through the nose to do it. Same with those who go on safari hunts in Africa etc. I jus think if we are gonna get pissed about it we have to start in our own backyard. I used to hunt myself for deer as a meat source but haven’t for years.

Hard to say, I’m not a psychologist but something is definetly fucking wrong with you because you can’t seem to see the difference between hunting animals and hunting human beings. Maybe you should join ISIS, you’d get to live out your sick fantasies.
Yup, you're definitely not a psychologist.

What if I decided to go and hunt ISIS, would you have a problem with that?

Yup, you're definitely not a psychologist.

What if I decided to go and hunt ISIS, would you have a problem with that?

What difference would it make what I think? You’re the one who seems to think it’s ok to murder anybody who disagrees with you.

What difference would it make what I think? You’re the one who seems to think it’s ok to murder anybody who disagrees with you.
Who is disagreeing with me? Who did I say it was ok to murder because they disagree with me?

Your problem is you have ultra conservative views, and liberal-tier debating skills. I bet you can't even wipe your ass efficiently.

Baboons are cunts though. Its like their just related enough to us to share the cunt genes but are still mostly wild animals.

The picture of him and the leopard made me sad though
d93f1d96e4d21a85747f3c1c94096ca720e2f704
Yeah, im pretty pissed about this.

Giraffes and leopards are threatened.

Leopards in particular are hard to see on safari because they're nocturnal and people-shy.

Baboons are cunts but killing "an entire family" strikes me as gratuitous. With a bow and arrow no less.

And people are defending it on the basis that it wasn't against the law in an African country. Its the same defense that got posted for the Zimbabwe hunts by the same people. I

That said, there's actually a point here: Namibia has corruption problems but its trophy hunting permit system is decent compared to most African countries. Many of the benefits don't stay in the country and permits are easier to get than they should be, but some of the dollars stay local and go towards conservancy. Unlike, e.g. Zimbabwe, where it's none.

Excerpt from natgeo article on trophy hunting in Africa - this is the bit on Namibia:

In Namibia, elephant numbers have been increasing, and the nation’s conservancy approach is applauded as a factor in this success.

Established by the Namibian government in 1996, the program grants communities the power to manage wildlife on communal land and to work with private companies to develop their own tourism markets.

The latest government statistics indicate that the estimated contributions from trophy hunting exceeded $70 million. The vast majority of this income is returned to operators and spin-off beneficiaries such as airlines, hotels, tourism facilities, but there is a trickle-down effect.

In 2000, the total income to communal conservancies from all forms of wildlife use, including trophy hunting, amounted to $165,000. Six years later, this had increased almost tenfold to $1,330,000. Though small compared to the overall income from trophy hunting, it does provide one in seven Namibians with $75 a month.

Conservancy lands given over to trophy hunting have the added benefit of keeping the wild, wild. If these areas were farmed, for instance, the incentives for conservation would undoubtedly wane, and habitat loss would reduce wildlife numbers. The ecological footprint of trophy hunting—even of a safari lodge catering for groups of wildlife watching tourists—is far lighter than that of commercial farming.

As reported in Africa Geographic, some government officials have handed out elephant hunting permits in an effort to get political support from the communities, especially in the Kunene region, which is renowned for its rare desert elephants.

Plus, the country’s export quota of 90 elephants doesn’t include permits to hunt “problem animals,” but Namibian law allows hunters to easily obtain permits to shoot elephants judged to be in conflict with people.

According to a CNN report in 2014, these permits are sometimes granted even before a “problem” animal has been identified. A hunter can then shoot any elephant a community declares to be a problem, whether it’s actually a problem or not. CNN reported that several desert elephants have been shot either for their meat or for the cash from hunt fees.

Liberals are the only party in America with any semblance of morals. Care to debate it?

Let’s start by reading the douchebag conservative responses to this thread

Yes Zebby, let's. "Debating" you is always fun. You post have cocked ideas, old talking points, get smashed, cry, disappear.

I would call people who enjoys the stupidity of pleasure killing as humans with mental problems. Would you by chance think it´s ok to go for a safari tour and have people known to you killing animals becuase they get high from it? This is honestly the first time I have heard someone killing giraffes. Just the thought of it is insane.

People defending it and make it like it´s nothing and talking about evolution, and straw man guys low punching in the sake of insects. How old are you? If we go back in time, we did some really shitty things during the colonial power era. The pictures of tigers from India and Africa that counted in hundreds, just lying there for the proud white hunter. These kind of acts that the majority of us normal people of today feel shame for and luckily, by evolution we have by oursefl de-coded the most primitive needs in our brains and kept them at bay so we don´t go full retard, resorting to animal instincts. We kill because we can bla bla bla.

Apparently it´s not masculine enough to have compassion for others that is not your family. To much testosterone and strong men around here. Anyone defending these kind of sick actions are for real aspirants of becoming fulltime future sickos. Get help or grow up.

I bet you feel pride and get a hard on when you see pictures like this. Is it Alpha enough for you?

G6P2883.jpg

Baboons are assholes anyways.

I was only ever around baboons once, but I remember my guide saying pretty much this. Baboons are dangerous and attack people and other animal just because they are assholes. He said he saw baboons beat a lion to death.

As far as hunting baboons goes, I am not a hunter and took the man's words to mean be wary of baboons, not indiscriminately slaughter baboons. But so long as hunting is controlled and limited, I have no beef with it.

I love hunting and fishing. The wonder of nature, quality time with your family, fresh wild meat and endless lessons to be learned in the wild.

Last but not least, the thrill of the kill. I'm not sure about rifle hunting because I only use a bow, but you get a huge rush when you finally get that animal in range and hopefully in your sites. Despite what most people here think, killing a wild animal with a bow is not easy, and there are dozens of ways to fuck up a shot.

A lot of times they know something is out of place and they are on high alrert, you can see, hear, and smell their emotion when you are within bow range. A really incredible feeling to get that close to these creatures.

That being said, what the fuck does a giraffe taste like? How about a fucking baboon? Lion? I guess if someone told me they were as tasty as venison or fresh caught fish and I could hunt them without going bankrupt I'd give it a try, but this guys looks like he's killing shit just for the hell of it.

Saw thread title, was very afraid this was a horribly racist serial killer

Every trophy/safari/exotic hunting thread goes the same way. Personally, I'm no fan of the "hunters" as there's no challenge in it, but if the hunting is done legally it is good for the local economy, species aren't hunted in excess, and the meat is consumed by the poor so I support the local governments managing their limited resources as they see best. Biggest issue is when the gov conservation branch becomes corrupt and issues more licenses then they should to pocket the $$$

It appears all of this outrage is coming from the fact that someone went hunting, but how DARE they openly enjoy it!

I enjoy the activity of hunting, and I refuse to apologize for it.

All of the hunts highlighted in the opening post were done legally. If you find yourself morally outraged over someone engaging in a legal hunt, you need to accept the possibility that you're anthropomorphizing an animal.

It appears all of this outrage is coming from the fact that someone went hunting, but how DARE they openly enjoy it!

I enjoy the activity of hunting, and I refuse to apologize for it.

All of the hunts highlighted in the opening post were done legally. If you find yourself morally outraged over someone engaging in a legal hunt, you need to accept the possibility that you're anthropomorphizing an animal.

So your cool with beheadings in the Middle East because... legal?

Guess what else is legal? Abortion. I’m sure you are just fine with that too?

If I’m a shitty human and this hunter is a shitty human than the majority of people onntjenafticsn continent arenshitty humans too because hunting like this takes place across the African continent by the locals.

Seems like you’re actually the shitty human.

If caring about living things makes me a shitty human than I guess I am. Killing animals to make your self feel better about your bum life makes you a shitty human.

I wonder if the locals generally eat what they kill. Do you think this guy ate the baboons?

Also lol @ he’s a pussy for hunting with a rifle, typical bullshit from somebody who dosent know anything. If he speared an animal and had to track it through. Rush for several hours while it bled out in agony, people like you would be the first to call him a pussy for causing so much pain.

Rifle is infinetly more humane than a bow or a spear and that’s coming straight from me, a bow/rifle hunter.
Ok my bad about the rifle. I just assumed he was like most of these hunters going to Africa and hunting with a rifle.

A rifle is more humane but don't act like these guys give a crap about what is more humane, when they are hunting for fun. If a trophy hunter uses a bow or spear then I wouldn't necessarily call them a pussy but I would still say they are assholes. They might still be pussies if they have other people around them with guns ready to fire if the animal comes charging at him.

So your cool with beheadings in the Middle East because... legal?

Guess what else is legal? Abortion. I’m sure you are just fine with that too?
This is another example of anthropomorphizing.

You're attempting to apply human interaction standards to animals.

Animals act on involuntary and automatic instinct. Human beings are the only creatures of volitional consciousness. This is why different standards apply to humans, over animals.

Why care? It's a bunch of baboons in a country you'll probably never go to.

The internet has you worried about shit you wouldn't even know about without it.
Why do critics peddle this stupid meme that disagreeing with such behavior automatically means one is "worried" or otherwise agitated. I think he is a douche but I am not fretting about it.

This is another example of anthropomorphizing.

You're attempting to apply human interaction standards to animals.

Animals act on involuntary and automatic instinct. Human beings are the only creatures of volitional consciousness. This is why different standards apply to humans, over animals.

Aren’t all gods creations?

I would say what you are doing is making up excuses so you can sleep well at night knowing you killed an animal. I’m a nihilist so I don’t inherently care about any life but to shoot a family of baboons? That’s pretty unnecessary and stupid

Also to say animals acts are involuntary shows your understanding on the matter

Back