'I shot a whole family of baboons'

There's nothing objectively wrong with what he's done. You may disagree with hunting but nothing objectively wrong with it.

in almost any other context, killing something just to kill it is considered a mental pathology. and why shouldnt it be? its F'ing weird. if you're going to eat it....thats of course different.

Certainly.

When modern man's view of nature is of a loving relationship, it is because he has been divorced from State of Nature for so long.

If all we have to know nature by is an outing in the park with our family and friends, to the zoo to see those CUTE animals doing CUTE things, it tends to distort things. If the baboons lived next to our communities though, or the leopard had started to eat the elderly and infirm, we would do something, to whole families even...

Once we see something as a threat, we all rally to destroy the threat... then once the the threat seems to be gone or not a point of conflict, we lose our energy and passion.

Like the classic example is modern day slavery... civil society and right won, so while there is a ton of slavery in the world, most people could not give to flying flips, because there is no cause celebre to get behind.

you claim that this is "natural." is there any evidence that hunter gatherers kill things just to kill them? on the contrary, there are long-standing religious practices (thousands of years old) in some cultures that claim you shouldnt kill things EVEN TO EAT THEM....much less killing them just to watch them die.

Its a pathetic picture. Also, shooting a giraffe? WHY? Do people eat them? Don't kill something you probably just enjoy seeing, it's retarded.

In the picture he looks like a retard who knows enough other retards who talk about how actual smart people are stupid, that they confuse their own stupid with smart. Get this from brainwashed people on both political sides.

Anyways, I don't like it when people kill animals I would enjoy seeing. It's lame, unless they eat them.

"Hunting" is for food, and is animals you might kill if the store closed, to survive. This is just killing. He's an idiot who rose to a high position in the typical modern American way; being an idiot.

I think it could be argued that if African countries had similar conservation laws like we do in Idaho a lot of the hunting going on there would be illegal too.
Some Africa countries are better about it than others. Someone else posted a source about Namibia which suggested that while it had problems in terms of corruption its still mostly a good system.

Killing shit for the sake of killing shit is disgusting. (I'm not referring to culling herds, or invasive species or hunting for food)

I know a lot of my hunter friends here will disagree, but this practice is absolutely abhorrent.

"derp derp, I killed an entire family of Baboons!"

fu*k you.

If you’ve driven in a car, you’ve committed mass genocide against bugs. If you’ve eaten corn or wheat products, you’ve contributed to the mass slaughter of rabbits, field mice, ground nesting birds, insects, deer fawn, lizards and snakes. If you live in a city, you can do so because humans have thinned out the wild animal population to where humans can inhabit that area. Spare me the righteous indignation. Humans are the Supreme species on earth, every other organism lives at our pleasure.
You’re a goddamn idiot

in almost any other context, killing something just to kill it is considered a mental pathology. and why shouldnt it be? its F'ing weird. if you're going to eat it....thats of course different.
Are you surprised that most of the defenders are on the right?

He killed the baboons because he looks like one

I would call people who enjoys the stupidity of pleasure killing as humans with mental problems. Would you by chance think it´s ok to go for a safari tour and have people known to you killing animals becuase they get high from it? This is honestly the first time I have heard someone killing giraffes. Just the thought of it is insane.

People defending it and make it like it´s nothing and talking about evolution, and straw man guys low punching in the sake of insects. How old are you? If we go back in time, we did some really shitty things during the colonial power era. The pictures of tigers from India and Africa that counted in hundreds, just lying there for the proud white hunter. These kind of acts that the majority of us normal people of today feel shame for and luckily, by evolution we have by oursefl de-coded the most primitive needs in our brains and kept them at bay so we don´t go full retard, resorting to animal instincts. We kill because we can bla bla bla.

Apparently it´s not masculine enough to have compassion for others that is not your family. To much testosterone and strong men around here. Anyone defending these kind of sick actions are for real aspirants of becoming fulltime future sickos. Get help or grow up.

I bet you feel pride and get a hard on when you see pictures like this. Is it Alpha enough for you?

G6P2883.jpg

Do you ever wear leather belts? Calfskin wallet? Why did that animal need to die for you to have its skin?

Some justice in this world: baboon boy get the axe.
Idaho Game Commissioner Resigns After Killing 'Family Of Baboons' In Africa

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/15/6574...cized-for-killing-family-of-baboons-in-africa

"I recently made some poor judgments that resulted in sharing photos of a hunt in which I did not display an appropriate level of sportsmanship and respect for the animals I harvested," he wrote, according to Reuters.

Lol. "Harvested." Yeah, ok.

You mean fucking killed for fun.

Some justice in this world: baboon boy get the axe.
Idaho Game Commissioner Resigns After Killing 'Family Of Baboons' In Africa

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/15/6574...cized-for-killing-family-of-baboons-in-africa

"I recently made some poor judgments that resulted in sharing photos of a hunt in which I did not display an appropriate level of sportsmanship and respect for the animals I harvested," he wrote, according to Reuters.

Lol. "Harvested." Yeah, ok. He should have wrote, "I tried to be Trump-level douchy; however, I am not a Trump."

I love when douchebags pay the price for being douchebags!!

Do you ever wear leather belts? Calfskin wallet? Why did that animal need to die for you to have its skin?

What are you? A Jainist?

You are the one and only straw-man of this thread. You argue just for the sake of (I believe you are trolling) arguing. Like a 5 year old child asking why until there is nothing more to explain.

And no, i don´t own any of that kind of items made by animals. I would call my self above the average Joe when it comes to awareness what I put in my mouth. Chicken is the greatest example of meat we eat that has suffered the most among the animals we would like to have on our plates. Therefore I´m willing to pay that extra to eat a chicken that somehow had a good life eating worms under the sky. They also taste so much better and the eggs are always much more yellow/orange.

Just stop with what you are doing.

What are you? A Jainist?

You are the one and only straw-man of this thread. You argue just for the sake of (I believe you are trolling) arguing. Like a 5 year old child asking why until there is nothing more to explain.

And no, i don´t own any of that kind of items made by animals. I would call my self above the average Joe when it comes to awareness what I put in my mouth. Chicken is the greatest example of meat we eat that has suffered the most among the animals we would like to have on our plates. Therefore I´m willing to pay that extra to eat a chicken that somehow had a good life eating worms under the sky. They also taste so much better and the eggs are always much more yellow/orange.

Just stop with what you are doing.

Really? You don't use own or use any items that are made with animal products? Condoms (casein)? Laundry detergent (cattle and horse fat)? Cologne (Castoreum)? What are your car seats made out of, cloth?

Nah. You're the hypocrite who acts selectively outraged when one animal dies, but not another. How do you really know that chicken lived a good life? Did you go inspect the company that raises the chickens. Do you know what farm the chicken came from? How was the chicken killed exactly? But yeah, you should feel really good about yourself because you bought a chicken package with a green label. Congrats!

It's hypocritical to reap the benefits of using animal products to live a modern life and then act outraged when an animal is killed legally in the wild.

Yeah, a guy shot some baboons, big deal. What makes how he killed those baboons worse than any of the ways you benefit from the killing of other animals?

Animals are here for the benefit of mankind, how we choose to use them is up to us and none of us have clean hands.

Really? You don't use own or use any items that are made with animal products? Condoms (casein)? Laundry detergent (cattle and horse fat)? Cologne (Castoreum)? What are your car seats made out of, cloth?

Nah. You're the hypocrite who acts selectively outraged when one animal dies, but not another. How do you really know that chicken lived a good life? Did you go inspect the company that raises the chickens. Do you know what farm the chicken came from? How was the chicken killed exactly? But yeah, you should feel really good about yourself because you bought a chicken package with a green label. Congrats!

It's hypocritical to reap the benefits of using animal products to live a modern life and then act outraged when an animal is killed legally in the wild.

Yeah, a guy shot some baboons, big deal. What makes how he killed those baboons worse than any of the ways you benefit from the killing of other animals?

Animals are here for the benefit of mankind, how we choose to use them is up to us and none of us have clean hands.

100.webp

All of the other animals you listed got used for something after being killed

What did he do with the baboons / why did he kill them ?

Back