UFC fight night 138

Wrestled all through school, then joined the MMA Lab for the last 5 years, I'm in the military, I don't think he has much to offer me, I don't think he'll do very well, make a statement in the first round, the 155 team is huge at the Lab, Benson, Drakkar, hotsauce, Case... Benson is southpaw and Case can fight southpaw and is tall

I have more support and positive emery here, much more motivated here, I have a nutritionist at the PI, I couldn't put weight on my foot, it was broken, my head space wasn't there, I have a gameplan and I'm working so hard, my style has completely changed, my coach is awesome, Tate is a good training partner, so much support here

Training in vegas for 3 months, the heat, training at UFC PI and extreme couture, I really like it here, alot of big guys here, I don't have a job, I just train, now training with top guys, full time fighters, training with Ronny Markes, I'm improved dramatically, learning so much with Sefo, Cummins is tough, great wrestler, tough fight, but I'm prepared and I did all the right steps, Sefo will be in my corner, he will try to take me down, I will try to punch him in the face, we'll see, I think I'm going to win, it's exciting, just putting in hard work, good days are ahead

Fading UFC PI fighters. Confidence increase Cummins

Thanks for the Interview videos!

So here are some of my predictions for UFC 138. Judging from the interviews and articles i had seen.
So far.
Ray.1st KO
Golm.1st/2rd TKO. I still see Golm has the better fighter.
Te Edwards.1st KO
Sarah Moras. Possible KO.
Court McGee. Dec Win.
Michael Johnson. Dec Win.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
Some of these unders are priced way out there: Nordine Taleb/Sean Strickland Under 2½ +295. Four out of six of 37 year old Taleb's most recent fights did not go the distance, while two of six of Strickland did not either. It's just way over priced compared to the likelihood. 1u on that at +295 on general principles.

Thanks for the Interview videos!

So here are some of my predictions for UFC 138. Judging from the interviews and articles i had seen.
So far.
Ray.1st KO
Golm.1st/2rd TKO. I still see Golm has the better fighter.
Te Edwards.1st KO
Sarah Moras. Possible KO.
Court McGee. Dec Win. "Home town advantage"
Michael Johnson. Dec Win.

Thoughts anyone?

Alex Garcia is the hometown fighter, not Court McGee.

Thoughts anyone?

The thing is everyone has an opinion or a pick. Without your "reasoning" there isn't anything to comment on.

What people want to see is the logic and data BEHIND your pick. That's when We all can see the depth and the strength of the pick. If its based on logic and reality.

It's the "role" of the posters here to bring data and logic to the discussion so that everyone can see it and make thier own informed decisions. Opinions and LOL style ego posts are almost worthless tho.
That wasnt specifically directed at anyone, just general info for new cappers.

I have more support and positive emery here, much more motivated here, I have a nutritionist at the PI, I couldn't put weight on my foot, it was broken, my head space wasn't there, I have a gameplan and I'm working so hard, my style has completely changed, my coach is awesome, Tate is a good training partner, so much support here

Thanks as usual card for the interviews.
The biggest red flags to me out of them is the Moras interviews. In the mmajunkie interview she says after her last fight she had a broken foot and couldn't put weight on it for 4 months, said she got fat.

So sounds like she was a fatass who couldn't even walk until late july, and she moved camps in that time. That's rough. Meanwhile Talita won the South American IBJJF championship in late July (masters).

Training in vegas for 3 months, the heat, training at UFC PI and extreme couture, I really like it here, alot of big guys here, I don't have a job, I just train, now training with top guys, full time fighters, training with Ronny Markes, I'm improved dramatically, learning so much with Sefo, Cummins is tough, great wrestler, tough fight, but I'm prepared and I did all the right steps, Sefo will be in my corner, he will try to take me down, I will try to punch him in the face, we'll see, I think I'm going to win, it's exciting, just putting in hard work, good days are ahead

Great links card, thank you for putting these up for us.

At Tristar for 6 weeks, good to be back, I had knee surgery after the last fight, always have problems, quick fix, that's why there has been a delay, it was hard to catch him, he was on his bike, he just ran away the whole time, I need to be more aggressive, I needed to take him down, was hard to land shots, my coach told me he would do that, but I thought he would come forward, I was wrong, Ayari's tough well rounded, scrappy, wild, but he makes mistakes, 4 guys from Tristar are on this card, this is do or die for me, I'm going to take his head off, that's why I left my family for 6 weeks, if things don't go my way at least I know I trained hard

Jonathan Martinezz:
bad tdd, good subs off back, except Schnell was able to keep him down and beat him up, don't think Souk will try and take him down.

decent striking at best, good kicks, not so good boxing, probably going to get outstruck on the feet, Souk will win a decision.

I got a call while I was going to work, I quit my job when I got the call, I was supposed to fight Oct 19th, parents put me in Taekwondo at 13, my gf bought me a 1 month membership at an MMA gym and that's how I started, always at the gym, tooth infection and shoulder injury last year, I like the match-up, I've fought up 3 times, but I was already cutting weight for a weight class down so I feel good, after this fight I will go back to 125

Anyone want to vouch for the legitimacy of Fishgold?

If I bet on him, am I a Gay Fish?

well there's a lot of tape on him, he's a good wrestler, throws bombs to close distance then shoots for TDs. He has gone 5 rounds before, good subs too. His style is lay and pray though, TD, win round on top, repeat. We haven't really seen Kattar's ground game or TDD much in the UFC, I haven't watched his CES fights, but he has fought Fili and Moicano, both guys who have good ground games, but they didn't utilize it in their fights. Value is certainly on Fishgold, but Kattar should win, should be -175 not -270.

I am playing fishgold at moneyline and his point handicap (+3.5). His wrestling is pretty tenacious and he is great at trapping you up vs the cage and working double legs and trips from there and he also has great single legs. If he gets takedowns here he should win the fight by decision or possibly sub. I also like his cardio as well and his takedowns don’t get worse as the fight goes on.

Although fishgolds standup is decent as well, he tends to throw in spots and Kattar is way more seasoned and composed as a striker. Although I think fishgold will be fine standing, throwing combos, and setting up his tds, Kattar is better standing but I do not think this will be a striking affair at all as fishgold will force Kattar to grapple.

The key question here is can Kattar stop takedowns? If he can’t, he is likely going to lose. If he can, he should win fine. His three ufc fights were not grappling contests so we did not get to see much of his tdd and grappling. Against fili, he stopped two panicked double legs by fili which is not the same as stopping chain wrestling that fishgold has. In these fights, Kattar does look like he is susceptible to being charged up vs the fence, which is a red flag vs fishgold.

I went and watched kattar’s non ufc fights and although they were a long time ago, he seems to have decent defensive and offensive wrestling and a competent top game and base. However, he tends to slow down and his punches lose TREMENDOUS pop when he is forced to grapple. He also gets put up against the cage rather easily against lesser chain wrestlers than fishgold and he tends to start grappling if you force him to. I do not think Kattar can implement a stick and move strategy vs fishgold, he is going to be forced to grapple as fishgold will keep diving for clinches and legs up against the cage. Furthermore, once kattar’s back finally hit the mat in the third round, he was tired and had trouble getting up. Fishgold has shown in cage warriors in a five round fight that he can grapple perfectly fine in championship rounds. Therefore, in this type a fight, I trust fishgold’s cardio far more than calvin’s.

Fishgold’s point handicap at +105 has tremendous value as I find it hard to see Calvin finishing fishgold as his strikes lose pop when he is forced to grapple and also... Calvin has one fucking finish (Burgos) in eight years. Also, I doubt Calvin will clean sweep three rounds vs a tenacious grappler with good cardio. One takedown for fishgold is maybe a round winning event.

well there's a lot of tape on him, he's a good wrestler, throws bombs to close distance then shoots for TDs. He has gone 5 rounds before, good subs too. His style is lay and pray though, TD, win round on top, repeat. We haven't really seen Kattar's ground game or TDD much in the UFC, I haven't watched his CES fights, but he has fought Fili and Moicano, both guys who have good ground games, but they didn't utilize it in their fights. Value is certainly on Fishgold, but Kattar should win, should be -175 not -270.

Currently finishing up watching tape on Kattar, and would ask the board for it's opinions on a fight like this regardless... That's the biggest value in coming to and participating in boards like these... other people's (hopefully well informed) personal opinions.

I am playing fishgold at moneyline and his point handicap (+3.5). His wrestling is pretty tenacious and he is great at trapping you up vs the cage and working double legs and trips from there and he also has great single legs. If he gets takedowns here he should win the fight by decision or possibly sub. I also like his cardio as well and his takedowns don’t get worse as the fight goes on.

Although fishgolds standup is decent as well, he tends to throw in spots and Kattar is way more seasoned and composed as a striker. Although I think fishgold will be fine standing, throwing combos, and setting up his tds, Kattar is better standing but I do not think this will be a striking affair at all as fishgold will force Kattar to grapple.

The key question here is can Kattar stop takedowns? If he can’t, he is likely going to lose. If he can, he should win fine. His three ufc fights were not grappling contests so we did not get to see much of his tdd and grappling. Against fili, he stopped two panicked double legs by fili which is not the same as stopping chain wrestling that fishgold has. In these fights, Kattar does look like he is susceptible to being charged up vs the fence, which is a red flag vs fishgold.

I went and watched kattar’s non ufc fights and although they were a long time ago, he seems to have decent defensive and offensive wrestling and a competent top game and base. However, he tends to slow down and his punches lose TREMENDOUS pop when he is forced to grapple. He also gets put up against the cage rather easily against lesser chain wrestlers than fishgold and he tends to start grappling if you force him to. I do not think Kattar can implement a stick and move strategy vs fishgold, he is going to be forced to grapple as fishgold will keep diving for clinches and legs up against the cage. Furthermore, once kattar’s back finally hit the mat in the third round, he was tired and had trouble getting up. Fishgold has shown in cage warriors in a five round fight that he can grapple perfectly fine in championship rounds. Therefore, in this type a fight, I trust fishgold’s cardio far more than calvin’s.

Fishgold’s point handicap at +105 has tremendous value as I find it hard to see Calvin finishing fishgold as his strikes lose pop when he is forced to grapple and also... Calvin has one fucking finish (Burgos) in eight years. Also, I doubt Calvin will clean sweep three rounds vs a tenacious grappler with good cardio. One takedown for fishgold is maybe a round winning event.

Fantastic post and good read, thank you Light.

I still dont know how to feel about Garcia. I have seen some highlights, he does seem to have a gas tank issue. So yeah. Not sure. And on DK his not cheap lol.

Back