Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?

Is Die Hard a christmas movie?

• Total voters
Third option (voted no though). It takes place during Christmastime and has a Christmas atmosphere but is not about Christmas.
Just like E.T. took place around Halloween and had Halloween scenes, but it isn't a Halloween movie.
Both are good movies to watch during their respective holiday seasons, but they aren't "Miracle on 34th Street" or "Halloween".

Agreed

Take a look at the 30th anniversary blu-ray cover. End thread.

6289509_sa.jpg
6289509_sa.jpg

You full on stole my thread you bastard

Because it's about an angel showing a man what his life would be like if he didnt exist. It had nothing to do with Christmas it just takes place around that time.

It was you who brought It's a Wonderful Life into the conversation, bud. I merely pointed out it was a homage to A Christmas Carol.

Think you're confusing me with:

No.

Could've been any kind of party at any time of year and the plot still works.

It was you who brought It's a Wonderful Life into the conversation, bud. I merely pointed out it was a homage to A Christmas Carol.

Think you're confusing me with:

A homage to the Christmas Carol doesn't make it a Christmas movie. So during this month will they show die hard on tv?

Also I replied to the poster that brought up the movie and you replied to me saying it's about the Christmas Carol.

Your logic says it has to be about Christmas to be a Christmas movie and then you say it's a wonderful life is a Christmas movie yet has nothing to do with Christmas.

It takes place during a Christmas party, it has Christmas music, it has Santa Clause references. It is not your typical Christmas movie but it is a Christmas movie

Is it a movie about Christmas? No.
Is it a Christmas movie? Yes.

It takes place during a Christmas party, it has Christmas music, it has Santa Clause references

Dont forget the Christmas lights and tree! Also it has Carl Winslow who plays a similar role to a black Santa claus.

Very deep and powerful film.

A homage to the Christmas Carol doesn't make it a Christmas movie. So during this month will they show die hard on tv?

Also I replied to the poster that brought up the movie and you replied to me saying it's about the Christmas Carol.

Your logic says it has to be about Christmas to be a Christmas movie and then you say it's a wonderful life is a Christmas movie yet has nothing to do with Christmas.

I never said IAWL was an Xmas movie......only that it was a homage to A Christmas Carol.

When did I say it has to be about Christmas to be a Christmas movie?

You are basically putting words into my mouth and arguing with yourself.

I never said IAWL was an Xmas movie......only that it was a homage to A Christmas Carol.

You were comparing it to the Christmas Carol thus implying it's a Christmas movie

You still keep dodging my question if they show die hard on TV during Christmas or not

Back