When did beards get popular all of a sudden?

I don't care whatever others do with their face. But it bothers me people assume I can't grow one just because I'm clean shaven.

Are you talking about just stopping shaving or actually growing a proper beard? There is a big difference.

Stopping shaving is lazy and makes you look homeless and unkempt. Growing a proper beard is a way to add style or personalize your look. Like clothes, hats, glasses, etc. Plus there is a certainly manliness about being able to grow a nice thick beard. But you gotta shape it and take care of it. None of this frizzy uneven crap. But also don't shape it like it's a hedge on your lawn.

Too "perfect"

upload_2018-12-18_11-30-8.png

Too wild/homeless

upload_2018-12-18_11-31-0.png

Perfect manly beard

upload_2018-12-18_11-31-59.png

Beardo since 2005 here..
I don't go out much, so when I went to a bar back in 2013, I was horrified by all the non-mountain men and non-hermits w beards.

I figured beards only disappeared in the 80’s and 90’s. The rest of history is all beard.

Are you talking about just stopping shaving or actually growing a proper beard? There is a big difference.

Stopping shaving is lazy and makes you look homeless and unkempt. Growing a proper beard is a way to add style or personalize your look. Like clothes, hats, glasses, etc. Plus there is a certainly manliness about being able to grow a nice thick beard. But you gotta shape it and take care of it. None of this frizzy uneven crap. But also don't shape it like it's a hedge on your lawn.

Too "perfect"

View attachment 490047

Too wild/homeless

View attachment 490051

Perfect manly beard

View attachment 490053
Your homeless guy suffers from a far more insidious trend.. Lesbian eyeglasses.

My friend grows one to hide his weak chin. He looks like an earthworm without it. I have such a beautiful square jawline it would be a shame to cover it up.

I have a masculine jawline and normal chin, but I still prefer to have facial hair. Not a full beard, but a little bit more than stubble.

Ugly dude use them to hide half their face.

Also, boring ass nobodies use them.to add some character.

some beards are ok....some are just ridiculous. like with everything in life, some just go overboard with it. when that shit is like 7 inches long all over, it looks like a fucking bird put together a nest on your face and honestly, it looks like dogshit. plus, underneath all that bullshit is a plethora of dirt and grime and straight up shit.

Fecal matter in beards.

Everyone is depressed and doesn't want to shave.

TWood's giant beard looked like crazy person beard.

I keep a beard because the hair on TOP of my head is thinning and falling out. Eventually this will be me:
Ragnar-Travis-Fimmel-e1427561839148.jpg

Minus the tattoos.

To be fair the popularity of shows like Vikings, Game of Thrones I'm sure have had a role in guys growing beards out with how their girlfriends or wives swooned over these two when Vikings first started:

Too "perfect"

View attachment 490047

Too wild/homeless

View attachment 490051

Perfect manly beard

View attachment 490053
This is the shit that most of me and my friends do:
usmc_tacbeard.jpg

A little unkept but not homeless looking.

I've been growing my beard since beginning of November. Dont plan on shaving anytime soon. I legit wont date a woman if she wants me to shave. Wont work for an employer that says I have to shave.

I just enjoy having a beard.

If you hate beards its because you cant grow one, Patch Adam's.

I have been growing a beard since middle school. Mainly I just got tired of shaving.

I seem to remember thinking beards really took off after the The Hangover (2009)

f470bc085bb1310b48d2239de7a2bddc.png

This is how I'm left feeling being the odd beardless one now
Screenshot_20181218-210440~2.png

I've had a beard since September of 2010.

They've been popular for at least a good 8 -10 years. It's also a great way for ugly guys to hide their face and look more attractive. You'll also notice most white men that are balding rocking a beard.
It gives us bald people something to play with in public

Back